[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prisma VS Copic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498752895133.jpg (25KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
1498752895133.jpg
25KB, 500x477px
What's better? I have 12 prisma color and I like them, but I see people do some crazy shit with Copic. Do you have to use Copic or just be really skilled for some effects?
>>
link for sweater
>>
>>3076762
Answer the question scrub and I'll consider it
>>
copics are good but expensive,, so only get them if you are going to use them alot.
i have some and i think they are really nice. i also have the prismacolor 12 as well . and they are nice. its all just tools
copics are just a higher quality tool. the stuff you see people doing is just blending well . which copic makes easy because it comes with a blending marker . (its just clear copic alcohol ) they are nice but if you are strapped for cash just learn to blend and get them later.
>>
>>3076738 copics are way nicer, get some and you'll see. not even just for heavy rendering doodling with copic classics is so nice feeling when you learn how to do it. I can post some examples if you want.
>>
>>3076807
honestly you don't even need a blender, you can blend copics easily without it, often it just makes stuff looks worse imo. as i said though they feel great for doodling
>>
>>3076762
do these even exist? I cant find anything in reverse image search
>>
File: 160753.jpg (141KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
160753.jpg
141KB, 1024x1024px
>>3076738
are you even using the right paper? on the right side of the paper? Canson Marker Pro Layout is the one to get. Both markers perform well Copic just has weeb appeal.
>>
Does anyone else here like the smell of prisma markers? Not like huffing them but just the general aroma.
>>
>>3076941

Nice. Not OP but ive been looking for good paper for Copics and Touch markers for practice so suggestions like these help a lot.
>>
Personally, after drying up 100+ markers, I feel like copics are better and more value for money in the long run. However, I find that with watercolor, you can get very similar looks and you work very similarly. It takes some time getting used to it, and if you've never worked with watercolor before, you'll probably screw up here and there but I think it's worth it. Much cheaper than copics. With a set of even like 6 colors you can mix almost any color you want, unless it's an extremely vibrant color. Then you'll have to buy a tube of it.
I feel winsor and Newton Cotman is very good for transparency but still Peter's burg white nights and prima marketing are better for vibrancy.
All three should be less than $20. If you have more budget I'd really recommend Holbein set of 12 (they're tubes so you'd need to get a palette, but you can find those for $2 at art supplies stores) or senellier set of 12.
>>
>>3077146
>paper for Copics and Touch
np, i can't stress this enough, if you use the wrong paper with copics or prisma there is no fucking point just use Crayola markers. Marker paper doesn't soak the ink, it stays kinda slick on the page so you can work with it while wet for a bit. Source; i learned how to render the old school ID way back in school.
>>
>>3077497
I have a Sakura Koi pallete of 24 colors and I would like to take some out for colors like Opera and Maganese Blue Hue from other brands could you let me know if there's a priority list? And if there are good watercolor books from beginner to expert? I could get a scanner
>>
>>3077731
I think it mainly comes down to practice. Just follow techniques from other artists you like. I didn't find any books particularly helpful.
>>
File: file.png (824KB, 644x675px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
824KB, 644x675px
>>3077788
Have you seen Yuko Nagayama's work?
Also I heard that there are quite a few noteworthy European masters; do you know of any watercolor masters to study from besides Gurney?
>>
>>3077794
No not really sorry
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.