[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goddamnit, i hate not being able to draw. How do i get better at this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0242.jpg (146KB, 750x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.jpg
146KB, 750x990px
Goddamnit, i hate not being able to draw. How do i get better at this
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#bookmark=id.15jx3pyuimvj

This magical hyperlink will take you to what you're looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 240x320px
Get a few non-photo blue pencils!

Start wielding construction.
>>
>>3076716
You're already better than 90% of the people here.
>>
blog?
>>
File: 4Ul7VNQ.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
4Ul7VNQ.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
Hands have four fingers and a thumb, that would be a good start. Also eyes aren't circles.
>>
>>3076716
Looks funny
>>
>>3076716
>>3076716
Draw every day.
Learn construction, form, etc., the essentials.
Do studies of nude chicks and guys on the internet. Learn anatomy.
Still work hard to improve and review mistakes, take any criticism from people, but be aware that there are some people who just want to drag you down. This board is full of them. However, do not confuse trolling with harsh criticism. Criticism is still criticism and you should always listen to it.
Make sure to draw stuff you like, too.
Don't ever get frustrated.
Don't draw expecting to "make it" or get to x level. It's about the journey not the result. If you do this then you'll never get better and will give up.
Above all, have fun with it and don't quite.
>>
>>3076716
Give up fucking vagina or your hand
>>
>>3076716
I'll give you the basic gestalt that all the successful artists hide and all the shit trucks on here ignore.

Start by finding an artist you want to emulate, and copy off of them. You can straight up trace them to start out, doing nothing but recreating what they've produced. You're not showing anyone your shit at this point, or claiming it as original, so fuck whomever says its wrong. After a while you'll develop the muscle memory to recreate those proportions without tracing.

When you can do that, start learning perspective. It's not that hard to learn, but it is necessary. The biggest takeaway is that straight lines converge the closer they get to a vanishing point, and the horizon is always at the viewer's eye-level. Take your target's work and plot out her perspective lines. Where is the horizon? If you extend any straight lines in the artwork, where do they all converge? Do they converge at one point, or two points? What about vertically?

Once you do enough perspective, it'll become second nature for you. Then you can start drawing forms in perspective. Start with cubes, then cylinders, then pyramids, then cones. Anything you want to draw can be made from these forms. Trace them over your target's work to learn how they put them together. You can use them to assemble your own bodies now, which you can refine using the details you learned by tracing.
>>
>>3076716
start being more ambitious in your drawings. You won´t learn anything from drawing these toony thingys over and over again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.