[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to draw like this? I have no direction or clue.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1500935078481.jpg (124KB, 521x767px) Image search: [Google]
1500935078481.jpg
124KB, 521x767px
How do I learn to draw like this? I have no direction or clue. Never went beyond high school doodling although people said I'm good at drawing.

Pic related is the kind of art styles I like, but no idea how to acquire it. Artist is Daniel Acuna
>>
>>3076074
You wanna just look at life and draw. Look at real life objects and draw it. Find pictures on internet and trace them.

Don't bother with art books, most of stuff on /ic/ is meme. Also dont bother reading the sticky it's shit.

After a while you'll see some improvement. After 2 yrs you should be good enough to be a pro. Most people don't pursue art as a career so the bar to entry isn't as high as you think. Art school fags spend too much time learning abstract art and waste time. You'll easily get ahead. Trust me. Now go and draw. Stop wasting time here.
>>
Why the fuck do these threads keep popping up every three days.

That's bog standard Loomis shit + photoshop colouring.
>>
>>3076082
Yeah, just follow what he ->>>3076082
says OP.
>>
>>3076082
>Find pictures on internet and trace them
>Don't bother with art books, most of stuff on /ic is meme
>dont bother reading the sticky it's shit.

never post here again you fucking retard

>>3076074
Learn anatomy, color and lighting, etc. and draw from life. Read Michael Hampton's book and any other books on anatomy of your choice (bridgman, loomis, bammes, etc). Make studies of real life people, go to figure drawing classes if there are any in your area. If that's not possible then find reference pictures online and copy/study them. Don't trace them. Read Color and Light for the Realist Painter by James Gurney. For more books/video courses consult the sticky in /beg/ and the artbook thread. When you've got your fundamentals down (or even before that), make studies of art from your favorite artists. Observe the features of their style. 1-2 years of practicing 2 hours everyday should be should be enough to get to the level in your pic.
All of the resources I mentioned are in the artbook thread, if you're new.
>>
>>3076074
Read Keys to drawing by bert dodson, and How to draw by scott roberson.
>>
>>3076074
Why on earth would you want to?
It's one of the worst, most lifeless styles imaginable. Most of the expressions are just traced from stock pictures of shitty models who don't know how to emote.
>>
>>3076150
but it's better than anything he can do
>>
>>3076082
Ignore this dumbass

>>3076135
This guy is right

>>3076135
This guy is half right. Do Keys to Drawing, don't do How To Draw.

Here's what I recommend

1) First 2 lessons on drawabox.com (to help you get comfortable with lines and basic linear perspective)

2) Perspective Made Easy

3) Michael Hampton Figure Drawing

4) Some other figure drawing book like Bridgman
>>
>>3076074
Go to art school and learn from respected instructors.
>>
File: Cunnybunnygeho.jpg (343KB, 521x767px) Image search: [Google]
Cunnybunnygeho.jpg
343KB, 521x767px
>>3076074
>>
>>3076218
You don't fucking need to go art school to get to this level, half the time they don't teach anything and you end up in debt for the next thirty years.
Even if they do teach shit, you can absolutely learn it by yourself. You just need time, discipline, and an IQ above 90, unless you're stephen wiltshire or something
>>
>>3076149
how to draw's real hard, wouldn't recommend to a beginner.
Better to stick with Perspective made easy
>>
Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into what you've said
>>
>>3076242

Yesssss....
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.