[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

360 sculpture visualizer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: LH 262_1991_Jane.Caldicott.jpg (54KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
LH 262_1991_Jane.Caldicott.jpg
54KB, 640x514px
Hey /ic/, I'm a sculptor and need some help with technology.
I've seen these sites where you can look at sculpture in 360 degrees and I'm wondering if I can do that at home with a cellphone or normal camera for building a virtual portfolio of my work.
Do you have any direction about a software or other method I can use with relative ease for achieving that?

Here's what I'm talking about
http://www.germanexpressionismleicester.org/leicesters-collection/sculptures-360-viewer/despair-wood-by-margarethe-klopfleisch/

I'm aware of 3D scans, but these seem much more complex and altough you can view from any angle (not just horizontal) it is actually a virtual model of the piece. While it's interesting, it loses so much detail in contrast with a simple 360 photographic view. But if there is a method of getting a full 3D photo around the piece (which I imagine it's hard, since I would have to spin the camera around the model in a seemingly impossible precision) I'd be interested too.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>3073950
This is conceptually very simple. You can do it with a stationary camera and a turntable. Mark the edges of the turntable every N degrees. Put the statue on the turntable. Rotate it to every mark and take a picture at that angle, keeping the lighting setup identical. It's a bit of work but only 20-40 shots per sculpture.
>>
>>3073950
>>3073970
If the piece is so large or heavy that you can't put it on a turntable, you can also use a tripod around the piece, but will have to deal with changing lighting. Instead of marking angles on the edge of the turntable, you have to mark positions on the floor.
>>
>>3073970
>>3073976
That seems quite simple. I will do that and see the results, then I'll research about how to present that on a webpage. Thanks for your advice.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.