[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi i'm an artist who rarely practices, rarely does any reseach,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170418_014030.jpg (2MB, 1394x1938px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_014030.jpg
2MB, 1394x1938px
hi
i'm an artist who rarely practices, rarely does any reseach, mostly draws shitty drawings for memes, and have little (almost slim to none) confidence in their drawings.

this is in my opinion my best piece of art i did so far, it's certainly not a great piece but it's at least not bad.
any thoughts /ic/?
>>
The left one looks good really but the right one is really weird especially the face/eyes
>>
>>3073544

I suggest reading the sticky
>>
>>3073563
sticky doesn't help
>>
>>3073561
i think i get what u mean, i'll try to work on it
>>
>>3073544
you forgot colouring a bit of hair on the right one, also i'd suggest practicing drawing shapes, like practicing with ovals. also, observing real life stuff like clothes and hair might give you a good idea of how stuff folds and falls.
it's pretty cute though!
>>
>>3073595
thanks!
i'll look at my surroundings more often
and try to get my ass to practice a bit more
>>
>>3073595
not that anon but what do you mean by practicing with ovals? how exactly? would be cool if you had a link that explains this
>>
>>3073544
>hello I am a cum-slurping faggot
>thoughts /ic/????
you should fuck off and get serious before you expect anyone to so much as glance at your shit
>>
>>3073544
Did you do that based on a reference? If so how heavily referenced is this? I am asking since the shading of the drawing is really bad but there are a few parts where they are kind of correct, what i am trying to say is, did you copy the shading too? If you did it by yourself then you have a tiny idea of how shadows kind of work, tiny is better than none is what i want to say

For everything else you could practice the fundamentals, like another anon already said, check the sticky but dont take it like it is the holy grail or something like that, its fking not, you have to be a masochist to follow the sticky from A to Z, unless you have the willpower and the right mentality to practice what the sticky says everyday then more power to you but if you just want to draw stuff that you like, try to ratio fundamentals and fun stuff, for example, 70% of the time doing fun stuff and 30% doing fundamentals, be it proportions, perspective, whatever you feel you are struggling with

Watch youtube tutorials about everything, if you want to draw better anime-ish eyes or hair then youtube it, based on what you wrote this will be your bestfriend since you don't do any research i dont think you will have the patience to read books about art, and since you wont do this i guess you are drawing just for fun, not money, not fame, just the fun of drawing "cool" stuff

Btw, your kind is not very welcome here in /ic/, a begginer who likes anime stuff and has zero knownledge about fundamentals? You are the perfect bait for trolls and /ic/ has way too many of them, you shouldn't expect good critique unless you know how this board works and it takes a while to get used to it
>>
>>3073544
You should study the length of fingers to fix Ram's hand and Rom's face looks too angular.
>>
>>3073632
yeah, i think i should be taking it more seriously
>>
>>3074045
No, i did it myself. It's been a while since i shade using a coloured pencil. I tried to "simulate" the same way i shade digitally.

That's a nice way to practice. I'll take a look at the sticky once in a while, and try to understand it.

I have trouble getting my lazy ass up to watch and understand these tutorials. But i tried my best to take notes and done research on it. And the result is me being able to draw these anime-ish art style. I do actually have some dreams to become something with my art, but i don't really believe in those that much.

I get that the artsit is a total joke when only drawing anime right from the beginning with no practice at all. But I'm not really that much of a beginner, but more of an amateur that went from a hiatus. I've been drawing since little but i suddenly lost interest to it, now i'm back.
>>
>>3074255
yeah, i aggree. The hand is pretty weak in my opinon too.
Rom's face was intentionally made angular, i just like it for some reason.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.