[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I return the joy of drawing as if I were a kid again?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

How can I return the joy of drawing as if I were a kid again? When I see kids on youtube draw they look like they're having fun drawing what they draw. I want that feeling again.
>>
>>3073360
Throw away the meme tutorials.
Draw what you like, then focus on improving the aspects of the drawings you don't like...
Then, when you run out of things you don't like, find critique.
>>
>>3073360
I never enjoyed drawing as a kid. I had zero hope for it despite the constant encouragement it never clicked in my kid brain that I could ever make things that looked as good as the stuff I liked.
>>
File: JPEG_20170725_153704~2.jpg (146KB, 925x925px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170725_153704~2.jpg
146KB, 925x925px
Draw puppies
>>
>>3073570
I hate dogs
>>
I'm wondering how absurd it really is to ask a question that requires introspection on an anonymous image board.
Have you tried reading Loomis?
That seems to be the mantra around here. I'm not sure it helps with drawing let along enjoying it but it might have a placebo effect.
>>
>>3073360
stop browsing /ic/ and draw things you like, try improving by yourself. also, try new stuff mediums like paints, ink, stuff like that.
>>
File: 1432082526266.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1432082526266.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>3073580
I hate you
>>
>>3073596
not me >>3073570
I like doggo's and have one of my own.
>>3073379
>>3073589
okay
>>
I feel kind of like this too, like when I was younger (6th grade or so) drawing was super fun for me even though I completely sucked. I spent a lot of time on iscribble drawing with people and watching them draw. It was almost like a magical feeling or some shit watching them draw, like to me their art looked like really advanced, master level stuff when in reality it was mostly just intermediate, kinda good but not particularly impressive stuff. I wanted to be able to draw like that, like I thought it would just be the best thing ever. So I practiced for a few more years (but I didn't really do it "right" or whatever, so I didn't improve as much as I could have. I haven't been as dedicated to it as I should be, and I doubt it helps that I spent those early years drawing so much anime and nothing else) but now (I'm 20 now) that I can draw as good as those people I admired it's not exciting. I want to enjoy drawing more but drawing aimlessly without working on any sort of project makes me feel kind of purposeless or something, but I don't feel inspired enough to just start something if that makes sense
>>
>>3073877

I dunno maybe adulthood just zapped whatever magic feeling drawing brought us. The ambition back then to go through tutorials was greater. I do remember back then in the early days of youtube the community was like /ic/ but far more helpful and competitively fun, so that helped. And as time went by the internet got gradually shittier.

I would draw pokemon for fun as a kid and didn't care about showing it off on Deviantart or thought about making money...but one day kids wanted me to draw their favorite pokes for 75 cents a pop. I was surprised people liked my crud (and it was truly crud but /shrugs. Money or a career never dawned on me until after I left high school (and found /ic/.

Maybe it'll get better if I get legit e-famous or something.
>>
I just discovered that again by doing fan art and rule 34.

maybe you should try it.
>>
I got into art and animation when I was in gr 9 and pretty much animated non stop. Was so fun and I never felt joy like that before.

Starting with a blank piece of paper or a blank screen, and several hours/days later, you have a full blown cartoon made from nothing. It felt so good. Only problem was I sucked at drawing. So what do? Go to school, join forums, ect.

I don't know how, but school pretty much killed any drive I had before. Online animation forums also did nothing but constantly tell me I was shit. So instead of enjoying the art, all I could think about was how bad it was going to be no matter what I did.

Then I got a job doing training videos in flash. But working on someone else's vision, several hours a day, for shitty pay, required weekend work with no paid overtime, micro managing your every minute of the day spent, and no acknowledgement of your successes but constantly hearing about failure just drove me insane.

Completely killed the drive in me that I passionately had as a kid. God I wish I could feel joy doing this again. Keep trying, hoping something will spark back up other than listening to the voice in the back of my head telling me to end it all.
>>
>>3073897
>tfw could have gotten good when it was still at the peak
>couldn't figure out if wanted to or not
>ended up not over time
>>
>>3073360
Joy is an emotion reserved for children

I feel calm when doing studies and that's all I can ask for
>>
>>3073928
You might want to visit a healthcare professional.
>>
Just have fun and enjoy the learning process. Draw shit you like, see the flaws, and change them in your next drawing of the thing you like. Why is this so hard for you guys?
>>
>>3073945
>Why is this so hard for you guys?
That's what I want to know.
>>
>>3073360
If youre enjoying it then youre not doing it right
It should be a painful tedious affair
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 650x554px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 650x554px
>>3073360
Get away from graphite pencils and try something else. Love the process.
>>
>>3074036
This meme needs to die because there are actual newshits who believe this and then don't become better and don't have fun doing it.
>>
>>3074036

You mistake challenge with pain.
>>
>>3073379
I like this one.
>>
>>3074036
>>not enjoying what you do

ngmi
>>
File: Ki_no_Tsurayuki.jpg (52KB, 325x456px) Image search: [Google]
Ki_no_Tsurayuki.jpg
52KB, 325x456px
>>3073360
人はいさ
心も知らず
ふるさとは
花ぞむかしの
香に匂ひける
>>
somewhere underneath every impressive art piece is an autistic obsession with something extremely niche and specific that you could never relate to. the artist focused on only that and refined it over many tries, thus giving the impact that refined pieces have.

don't focus on emulating the impressiveness, focus on what interests you.
>>
>>3074036

If it's tedious it's you who isn't doing it right. If something's challenging it shouldn't be tedious, it should have your full attention.

Painful in a way, in a "I'm struggling but I know it's within my ability" way, not "this is awful and I'm fucking miserable" way.
>>
>>3077493
>tfw /ic/ actually memed you
>>
>It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.