[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if I want to start doodling, nothing serious but just draw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: draw.png (586KB, 1474x876px) Image search: [Google]
draw.png
586KB, 1474x876px
So if I want to start doodling, nothing serious but just draw random stuff, hopefully slowly improving over time. Is a tablet worth investing in? pic related.

Anyone here use tablet? Is it fun to use?
>>
>>3073216
if you doodle/use it often, then it's worth it, if you use it a dozen times and discard it to collect dust, no
>>
Yeah wacom intous Pro/Comic/Art is okay for doodling.

You can improve a little bit faster over time, buy using guidelines reading art books/drawing manuals. Or you can just watch youtube artists they teach everything except money making aspect of art.

Buy more computer rams, so you won't palpitate when your preferred drawing/painting software lags.
>>
File: toaster.png (105KB, 872x666px) Image search: [Google]
toaster.png
105KB, 872x666px
>>3073221
Oh good point, I have a shitty old laptop. How much of an issue is lag with drawing tablet?
Does it lag less if I just draw with black and white? Does it lag more if I draw in colour?
Pic related. Will lag be an issue?

Does different tablet have different lag?
>>
Do you know how to draw in the first place? Are you just falling victim to the hype of wanting a tablet?

It sounds like you'll be investing a few hundred dollars on something that you don't even know if you'll enjoy it. Have you tried drawing on paper with a pencil? Do you have fun? Are you good at it, and do you enjoy drawing badly and improving little by little?
>>
>>3073229
I do believe he is falling into this, i myself was going to fall into it when i started drawing on paper, a month later i noticed that i prefer to stay on paper, OP said he wanted to casually improve over time so i dont think he needs to spend hundred of dollars in a tablet since all he need right now is paper and a pencil

I am not saying that he should stick to paper forever, just until he finds out if he really enjoys drawing instead of falling for the idea of drawing instead of actually drawing like a lot of people in /ic/
>>
File: ggg.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>3073229
I used to draw a lot as a kid with good old fashioned pen and paper. But as I grew up I lost a lot of my hobbies, you know how it is. I'm no good at drawing now. But I would like to start again as a hobby. I'm not drawing to compete, or publish or anything serious. Just do it for fun every now and then and try to slowly improve. And I think tablet is just much tidier and neater than pen and paper.
>>
>>3073233

Is that your work? I'll assume it isn't just to say the following.

imo, hold off on buying a tablet for the exact reasons you said. You're not trying to publish or do art for money, so you don't need a professional level tool.

You drew a lot as a kid doesn't really tell me much. You could've been a kid 35 years ago, or you're 18 (still very much a kid). But if you really are unskilled, You'd learn a lot more and faster, and better habits by carrying around a good sketchbook with pens, pencils, markers, or whatever. A lot easier to draw on the fly, and it'll cost less than 20 bucks.

A tablet won't magically turn frustrating studies into happy fun time. You're gonna have to learn to handle the stylus ON TOP of having to learn to draw. Drawing on a tablet isn't as natural as picking up a pen and drawing on a physical paper. And a tablet isn't going to turn bad drawings into good drawings.

TLDR, just buy a sketch book and your favorite drawing tools
>>
>>3073241
Pic is just a google image but it's an example of the random doodling I'm talking about.
>>
>>3073233
Don't buy it. You're just making excuses on why you should get it. Draw on paper and see if you enjoy it again

I know that feeling very well myself.
>if only I had that super fancy pen
>if only I had that expensive anatomical reference figure
>if only I had a cintiq

They're all excuses. Take a pencil and paper and draw. Do it often. If you don't get bored of it after a few months, you'll have a real reason to buy it
>>
>>3073216
Huion H610 pro.
>>
>>3073245
Well as the picture shows, all you need is paper and pens
>>
Just buy it
Its almost the same price as a game
And I'm sure you've bought some horrible games before
>>
>>3073216
>>3073218
>>3073229
>use it a dozen times and discard it to collect dust
I did this when I first got my tablet, though I recently unearthed it and I'm making good progress in art because it's so easy to learn on one.
Buy a tablet. You can choose to use it or ignore it entirely, but that choice will always be open to you.
>>
File: dri.jpg (16KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
dri.jpg
16KB, 267x274px
>>3073254
>>3073241
Thanks, for the moment, I might just add them to cart, I'll come back in a week or so to see if I still want them.
Also, it seem there are generally 2 sizes. The ~8*8 inch one and ~4*4 inch one. The latter is significantly cheaper (~30 bucks). Anyone with experience of the smaller size tablet. Does it affect it much? Since I believe you can scroll and shift 'paper' around so does it matter much for random doodling?
>>
youre probably better off just using paper but if youre the type to be turned off by that a tablet can definitely be a motivator to draw for some(partly because youve spent money) just having it by my pc makes it more likely for me to pick it up and doodle in my spare time
>>
>>3073273
The smaller sizes are for autographs and aren't generally used for drawing. They might fuck up your hand. I'd always recommend a medium size unless you're really poor and can't wait any longer
>>
File: Tehmeh.jpg (274KB, 1280x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Tehmeh.jpg
274KB, 1280x1365px
I like this tablet user's improvement
>>
>>3073216
i've been using my bamboo for 4 years now and still on the first nib
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>3073225
I use it on a 2 gig desktop and the only lag it has is when I use the Tablet buttons, but even then it's barely noticeable.
>>
>>3074527
Is that Anthony Burch?
>>
>>3073216
I seriously dread the day I have to buy one of these - just so people will notice my shit. Fuck this whole field.
>>
>>3074547
Work in another then. Besides, there's still demand for traditional work in the illustration business.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.