[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do still life studies and photo copies my entire life >cant

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1498936989268.jpg (314KB, 1075x565px) Image search: [Google]
1498936989268.jpg
314KB, 1075x565px
>do still life studies and photo copies my entire life
>cant draw anything from imagination at all

Where do I start? I really want to do cool stuff from my head
>>
>Do a study of something you want to learn.
>Draw it from imagination applying what you learned from the study.
>Fail
>repeat for a few years.
>>
File: july-24-2017.jpg (552KB, 828x1000px) Image search: [Google]
july-24-2017.jpg
552KB, 828x1000px
>>3072804
you have the wrong idea of what an imaginative drawing should look like. I have a very simple imagination, but I make paintings that work around that simplicity. If your imagination is symbol drawing, then symbol draw, but do it well.
>>
>>3072806
I want to draw people, its not that easy.
>>
>>3072828
It is that easy and it's bewildering that you can't already do it.

Paint/draw a face. Do it again. Do it from another angle, and another, and another.

Faces are just a few shapes mushed together.
>>
>>3072850
I thought sculpting things (in your head) you want to draw is the correct way.
>>
File: proko-logo-300x162.png (12KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
proko-logo-300x162.png
12KB, 300x162px
Proko has some tips for you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOuIgevbHs8
>>
>>3072804
my trick is i paint a base with black - OR i use a pen and go as light as possible - then i'll add different counter motions around the page at random intervals - then i look for some shape/thing/face and work from there.
>>
>>3073367
That seems more like intuitive drawing rather than imaginative drawing.

I think drawing from imagination is more like designing.
If you're going to draw a person from imagination that means you have to think everything through, from the appearance of the person to the pose, you're creating something without reference so you must, more-or-less, create the reference in your head first so your hand knows what it's supposed to do.
>>
>>3072804
Scott robertsons how to draw objects and environments from imagination. He shows how to make shapes work in 3D space and once you get to grips with that, you can draw things from imagination using the same method, do the exercises from the book or use the videos if it helps. The stuff in his books looks complex at first
with all the construction lines, but it really does make you think in three dimensions which makes drawing from imagination easier, especially if you're at the stage where you are just plopping lines and circles down and hoping for the best.
>>
>>3073394
Also the guy who teaches fzd was taught by Scott, and uses the same method, see the link. After you complete the book, all those construction lines will start to make sense. http://fzdschool.com/fundamentals
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.