[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jim Lee

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: meme.jpg (12KB, 150x193px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
12KB, 150x193px
So Jim Lee said he has used google warehouse to create scenes and has traced them. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>3072187
I just googled his name and it seems he draws comics?
Smart man, he focuses on the important things in his work.
>>
>>3072194
Jim Lee is the head of DC comics. He was really really big in the 90s
>>
no schools, just fools.
>>
>>3072187
More power to him
>>
>>3072255
What if a basher used warehouse to get models and then painted over them?
>>
File: 1.jpg (127KB, 728x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
127KB, 728x1134px
>>3072187
Plenty of artist nowadays use sketchup to create quick backgrounds for their comics. Saves lots of time.
>>
>>3072274
how about using premade models tho? IK maciej basically takes 3d models and changes them so no one can tell he took them. Good idea, but what about taking them how they are? Is it just like taking a photo?
>>
>>3072264

If he needed quick results, sure, more power to him.

Not everyone has the time to sit on a painting for days. And it's not like it just makes the painting good, you need good skills to not make it look like a shitty 3D mockup
>>
>>3072284
>nd it's not like it just makes the painting good, you need good skills to not make it look like a shitty 3D mockup
Should he credit the sources?
>>
>>3072299
He shouldn't have to if it isn't obvious what model he used. You can hide your traces if the painting is done well enough.

If people didn't want their models used without their permission they shouldn't have put them online for free.
>>
>>3072187

If he didn't say anything, who would know/care?

I mean, apparently certain group of NEETs pretending to draw cares, but outside of that...

"No tools, just rules"

— Glenn "Proko" Loomis.
>>
>>3072194
>Doesn't know Jim lee
Dude how the fuck old are you? Although if your interest are more narrow in art that I'll understand, I remember back in college a guy in one of my illustration classes didn't know who james jean was, everyone was like wtf where have you been under a rock, mind I can't blame the guy he mostly pays attention to artist like francis bacon and what not so yea.
>>
>>3072187
Many artist do that it's just a tool, and it helps artist make deadline quicker. Most artist who actually study wide variety of artist and not just one type of genre or form of art, only main gripe with Jim Lee, is that he made his money off of emulating Bridgeman.
>>
>>3072337
>Many artist do that it's just a tool, and it helps artist make deadline quicker. Most artist who actually study wide variety of artist and not just one type of genre or form of art, only main gripe with Jim Lee, is that he made his money off of emulating Bridgeman.
Same with Frazetta. We should compile a source of all the poses Frazetta took from other pieces.
>>
>>3072187
wish more pros would just admit they do shit like this honestly.
>>
>>3072187
>>3072274
any guides for how they use them?
>>
>>3072367
>you want photorealism, you would probably be better off with photo editing, and its not that incredibly hard depending on the q
For learning sketchup find tuts on youtube. To get good it still takes a while. It's not a 123 skill. If you want to get to a decent lvl of making stuff and also using assets I'd say 6 months.
>>
>>3072187

For a comic book artist, it's a smart move: you create the house once, but you can reuse it from a different angles in every episode, and it's always correct. At his level and with his deadlines, it's probably well worth the time invested to learn how to do it.
>>
>>3072465
>or a comic book artist, it's a smart move: you create the house once, but you can reuse it from a different angles in
>>3072465
I think most of the stuff he does is just taking pre built stuff. For building a house you just need to make the main stuff then u can find chair ovens fridges and phones.
>>
>>3072367
http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/3D-background-Tutorial-316500996
>>
>>3072187
Pfff
I just trace some noname italian artists stories.
>>
>>3072393
>>3072492

Yeah I just recently started doing backgrounds but the only practice I have is landscape painting and a painting style really clashes against an anime pin-up type character. Thanks a lot dudes.
>>
>>3072187

Just like any tool in art if you're in full control of how you use the tool, and it's not a crutch, you can do whatever you want. Hell you can do whatever you want either way. Plenty of industry guys photobash or use 3d to craft more complex compositions and push out work faster. But there are also plenty who don't and get by just fine.

Using tools like 3d is only a "problem" if you rely so heavily on the tool you can't come up with ideas on your own. The only bad part about tracing or using 3d is becoming lazy and no longer pushing yourself to get better at idea generation and technique. If you can't use these sorts of "tools" without stagnating then don't use them. If using 3D kills your desire to learn drawing buildings or people freehand....you could have a problem.

It's all in how you use the tool, it's not inherently bad.
>>
>>3072555
>and no longer pushing yourself t
I mean it depends if you want to be a painter. Some people want to create incredible images and if that is the case then any tool is useful as long as you don't sacrifice your vision too much. But for anything creative you should know how to draw well always maintain it even if you just do photo manipulation list to Matt Rhodes because if you can draw well from your mind you'll be a good photography sculptor and designer.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.