[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting a job as an artist just about having connections?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: concept art.png (3MB, 2500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
concept art.png
3MB, 2500x1200px
Is getting a job as an artist just about having connections? I see a lot of /beg/ tier professional art.
>>
>>3071363
lol
1. no one in /beg/ can make anything close to that.

2. quit being a cherry picking retard
>>
>>3071369
I am sure Nosebro would be able to surpass that.
>>
>>3071363

You shouldn't assume that concept art is meant to be polished.

that said it was a stupid choice for a promotional image.
>>
>>3071363
It depends

If it's digital art (which seems to be most of /ic/) it is

1) Advertising yourself
2) Amassing an impressive showcase or portfolio (Blog or whatever works in this regard

Maybe not in that order

But basically you want people to like uour art enough to commission it and ideally if you can acquire something more concrete like creating art for bug youtube channels, indie game, or otherwise, that is great too
>>
>>3071363
Good jobs in most fields is about connections. Personal recommendations count for a lot, all over. Starting out, your portfolio will have more weight, it's not impossible to get started with none.
>>
Yes. And I'll tell you how. It's simple.

You make good art. You get a decent following, you follow artists you like in the field you like, retweet their shit, give them compliments, and maybe they'll follow you back and retweet your shit. This grows your following, eventually you end up being friends with these people if they like your art.

That being said if your art sucks nobody will want to be your friend. Greatness recognizes greatness. Nobody wants to be friends with a shitty artist.

At the end of the day, it's about helping people to get help. Another way is to hang out in forums dedicated to art. These artists grow in "classes" like in high school, class of 2017 or whatever. They come up together, they all know each other, and help each other out. Help out your fellow growing artist, and they'll help you out, it's this way in the acting world, stand up comedy, musicians, artists, game developers, etc. It's a kiss ass world where everybody does each other solids. Promote your friends so they promote you.
>>
>>3071369
lol wtf you think thats some high acheivement there?
>>
>>3071566
>follow
>retweet
I hate you damn kids
get off my lawn
>>
>>3071566
I hate being antisocial. I just want to focus on creating. The whole social media thing is just draining for me. I'm shy and hate talking to people online in general, kissing ass is hard for me, especially if I don;t like the artist for personal reasons. So many artists seem so fake and stuck-up. I'm really stuck on knowing how to do this.
>>
>>3071369
it's about being a cute gril and sucking dick.
>>
>>3072842
You don't have to compliment people you don't like. You can be genuine, you just have to express it instead of keeping it to yourself.

Are there really no artists you like that are around your level? It's not that hard to post your art to social media, then click on your feed, look around, and if there is good art posted, you comment on that, you don't have to be fake. You could also just give critiques, as long as you're not being autistic about it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.