[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drawing anime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

what are some good book to learning an anime art style, are there any good ones in english? does anyone have any of the japanese ones as translated pdfs?

pic related????????
>>
>>3070795
learn anatomy then copy anime faces until you can come up with your own ones. Anime is hardly an art style, it's more like real bodies + abstract face.
>>
there is no "anime art style." the only thing thats "anime" are the faces.
>>
>>3070799
no, cell shading and lineart included too.
>>
>>3070795
Just copy it dude. There are no formulas.

80% of manga artists learn by copying and the rest is fundies.
>>
op here, but anime body types lok a certain way, like they have less muscle definition dont they? also it would be great if u guys could rec me a book or smtn for drawing anime eyes and faces
>>
>>3070795
very relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUs9R3F-R8
>>
>>3070888
yeah im aware of the video. the thing is im already an art student. im in an animation course in dublin. but i also want to learn an anime art style as more of an interest instad of my base style.
>>
>>3070824
No. lineart it's something common. And cell shading is just normal shading simplified.
>>
>>3070795
check out the megas in the artbook thread i guess
>>3053283
there are some anime books and pixiv tutorials. The latter aren't translated, but picture oriented, obviously.
>>
>>3070795
There is no book for this.
It is a closely guarded trade secret,
you think they would write book for smelly gaijin like you?

Then they will go out of business when brown people
start to draw their anime for single rupee.

Seriously if you want to draw anime just copy someone
there is no one single defined anime metric, even the
anime you chose for the OP is totally distinct from others
>>
>>3073488
(samefag)
correction, manga books actually, not anime, which I think is what you're really asking about.
How to Draw Mango books teach you the proportions and techniques to draw the characters or whatever.
Animu is just heavily-stylized limited animation.
>>
>>3070795
>does anyone have any of the japanese ones
Not many of the Japanese ones are going to teach you "Japanese style," because they're written for the Japanese. The very things you as a foreigner want to learn are things they assume their readers have already absorbed through their culture.

What you get instead, and what you ought to learn, are practical things about the tools and the medium, and technical drawing techniques you can find in many of the English language books in the sticky. Anime and manga owe much of their look to the limitations of print and animation (such as crispness and eloquence in line design), and you don't really get that from the countless "how to draw anime eyes and mouths" tutorials.

Learn how to draw properly, and learn how to draw flexibly. Your method should be internalized and workable with any kind of character, any set of proportions, or any combination of design motifs. If you can reach this point, drawing anime is no different from drawing a Disney cartoon.
>>
>>3070888
That guy is a dull, uninteresting version of Captain Obvious.
>>3070799
>there is no "anime art style." the only thing thats "anime" are the faces.
I get what you're trying to say, and there's a sliver of truth to it, but you're wrong.
Proportions and forms of bodies, objects, and animals are often stylized, simplified, or exaggerated in ways that are unique to anime. Some of these are shared with other comic or cartoon styles, and fall under the broad scope of stylization, but many aren't, and don't.
Professional anime follows fundies, but often stretches or forces proportion and perspective in ways that are also unique to the style.
There are many shots, actions, and angles that are repeated throughout much of anime that are unique to the style as well.
>>
File: デフォルメ.jpg (401KB, 1026x1200px) Image search: [Google]
デフォルメ.jpg
401KB, 1026x1200px
>>3070795
Learn standard anatomy. Then learn how to deform it. Anime people are the chimera of realistic body and symbolic head.
>>
>>3074134
pfft. asian girls' hips are narrower than that and their lips are wider
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.