[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i become a master of composition? turns out its hard

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

how do i become a master of composition?

turns out its hard
>>
>>3070458
well if you think about it in an insane way which had very little to do with the picture it's going to be a lot harder
>>
>>3070458
Composition is about intuition, not some gay lines. This is the thing so many people miss, I don't know why. The ultimate goal of good composition is to look good. If you can make it look good just by thinking about it, that's it. It's enough, really.
>>
>>3070458
I'd highly recommend you try photography for a while.Take a class if possible.

Using a camera (I'm talking about a dslr not a phone camera, but that could work too for quick, spontaneous shots) makes you take multiple things into consideration that you may have not were you in the same space with a sketchbook and pen instead.

You have complete, tangible control over how you want to frame your subject, determine how lines, colors, shapes, lighting, positive/negative space, etc. work together to create a dynamic -- or at least fairly interesting-- composition.
>>
>>3070515
This
>>
File: 1500538892752.jpg (73KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500538892752.jpg
73KB, 394x500px
>>3070458
>Step 1: Eyeball it over and over.
>Step 2: Have someone who's better than you insult the life essence out of it
>Step 3: Repeat until they force out a compliment
>Step 4: repeat Step 2 with a new person.
>Step 5: Repeat all previously mentioned steps.
>>
>>3070458
Ah, you've been redpilled on art and dynamic symmetry. Don't even bother with this place to talk about that, they'll think you're some kind of deranged art mysticist because you know too much.

You might want to check out this book to learn more, it explains dynamic symmetry and composition in a simple illustrative way.

https://ia800203.us.archive.org/9/items/artofcomposition00jacouoft/artofcomposition00jacouoft.pdf
>>
>>3070458
i don't believe in composition. you could analyse to death any random snapshot photo i took off my photo and make idiots believe it has masterful composition. composition is a meme
>>
>>3070604
>https://ia800203.us.archive.org/9/items/artofcomposition00jacouoft/artofcomposition00jacouoft.pd

link doesnt work, what is the book called?
>>
>>3070614

Whoops, the book is The Art of Composition : A Simple Application of Dynamic Symmetry by Jacobs, Michel.
>>
>>3070458
Who the hell drew retarded lines all over this photo
>>
>>3070616

Thanks anon reading now.

http://www.dynamicsymmetryart.com/uploads/5/4/2/6/54263701/a_simple_application_of_dynamic_symmetry.pdf

link if anybody wanted it
>>
by creating tons of compositions, and caring about it to a level of obsession.

all that golden ratio stuff is mostly BS imo, but if enough autists start to check for ratios in a photo and get an extra hard boner if it matches, then it starts to matter.
>>
>>3070458
Thinking in term of foreground, midground, and background. And establishing the point of interests are a good start to composition.
>>
File: John-Bauer-6.jpg (152KB, 566x575px) Image search: [Google]
John-Bauer-6.jpg
152KB, 566x575px
>>3070458
Shh we aren't supposed to talk about the C word around here. No sir, it's definitely not the most important fundamental or anything like that
>>
>>3070458
Paint or photograph with intent. You compose images for the same reason you compose music or literature: you want to evoke a feeling or get across a message. These grids tell you nothing about expressing emotions or conveying ideas imo, and are only useful as arbitrary rules of arrangements.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.