[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible contest?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1499469694574.jpg (132KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499469694574.jpg
132KB, 1200x800px
Hey anons. This is my first time on this board. I am a small business owner needing to rebrand my logo due to a trademark issue. Is doing something like a contest allowed on /ic/? It would be in a week or so. I would let you know basic idea wanted, and let artists create submissions. Winner would get cash prize. I would go to fiver, but dealing with people that don't speak english sucks. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
>>
>>3070453
One of two things are going to happen in this scenario:
1) Everything is shit and you disappear.
2) One thing isn't shit, you download the png and disappear.

1 is most likely since anyone good enough to get paid for graphic design wouldn't do graphic design for a stupid contest.
>>
>>3070453
Wasnt there a name for these types of contests?

and a big movement saying how bad they were for some reason?
>>
>>3070465
Good concerns. My counterpoint is that 4chan will know my company name. Do you honestly think I would fuck over my bros and expect no retaliation? I am not looking for a graphic designer, though if they are bored, they are welcome. I am looking for photoshop wiz kids that want to show their stuff and make a few bucks.
>>
>>3070467
idk dude, just drop a few hundred bucks on a professionally designed logo. Other small business owners in your area will appreciate you for it.
>>
>>3070470
I will. Thought would be fun for the board to work on, but from responses so far doesn't seem much interest.
>>
>>3070453
You're better off trying /gd/, this board is more for drawing, painting and designing stuff like characters, landscapes, vehicles, etc. /gd/ is more geared toward graphic design and logos.

Also how much is this cash prize? You're probably not gonna get anything good if it's like 20 bucks. You could give it a shot but if someone's capable of creating an appealing logo then odds are that they'd be better off freelancing as opposed to spending hours of their time in hopes of winning a contest.

Idk the board culture at /gd/ tho so maybe they'd be more receptive. Give it a shot
>>
>>3070473
>You're better off trying /gd/
Great idea. Honestly didn't know there was a separate board for gd. I was thinking 100.00
>>
imo unless the prize you offer is huge it's kind of unethical to go the contest route. You're effectively asking a bunch of people to do free work for you.

Just find a graphic designer whose portfolio you like and pay them to explore various logo ideas, then pay them to make the final design once you find a concept that clicks
>>
>>3070453
if you want a logo go to the graphic design board
>>
>>3070453
Ill do your logo if you like my stuff, find razorbliss.design in Facebook and take a look at my stuff, I do both gd and illustrative logos
>>
File: image-216.jpg (88KB, 400x329px) Image search: [Google]
image-216.jpg
88KB, 400x329px
>>3070453
>>
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>>3070453
Maybe you should review those tax policies before you start your business, anon.
>>
>>3070472
i find this interesting
the problem is asking an anonymous image board for this
if you are legit and not just messing around thanks for trying. something like this could be fun but wouldnt work out here
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.