[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking asians again?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: artcenter.jpg (369KB, 800x637px) Image search: [Google]
artcenter.jpg
369KB, 800x637px
Why are asians so good at art?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhxSMjQtkUc
>>
>>3070368
They're soulless robots.
>>
>>3070374
lol
>>
>>3070368
because they are not americans
>>
American: Ah, let someone else do it.

Asian: If he can do it I can do it, If no one has done ill be the first one to do it.
>>
I'm not sure but maybe it has something to do with how in the west Realism has been considered an unoriginal and worthless style of art that is no longer taught despite there being a rich history about it.
Nowadays, with art in general, the idea seems more important than the craft itself. What use is being able to draw masterfully when you can just display your own trash?

Though I have a feeling that this is slowly changing, it sems like modern or postmodern art is it's way out.
>>
>>3070374
ngmi
>>
>>3070396
this is why i'm glad i grew up with an asian mind set.
>>
Christ I can barely write my name using chalk.
>>
>>3070368
It's called discipline. If you really love art then you know that it's more than just expressing your selfish need to be different, but a true display of the beauty of our environment paired with the complexity of our experience as emotional beings. This comes along when we pay attention to what's sincere instead of what's cool or hip
>>
>>3070477
realism has its place but it's certainly lost a lot of value because photography exists.
>>
>>3070368
>Why are X so good at Y?
if you ever find yourself asking this then you don't deserve success
>>
uses a reference to draw a skelly 1:1
>OMG ASIANS R SOULLESS ROBOTS
>>
>>3070577
It definitely has but we should all know by now that realism isn't merely copying what's in front of you like a photo camera, right?
>>
>>3070368
if you think that this is something special I've got some pretty bad news for you
>>
>>3070543
ngmi
>>
>>3070396
>Asian: If he can do it I can do it
Holy shit, i actually have this mindset, casually i am asian too
>>
Well, if you wanted a legitimate answer its not "asians" in general, its Chinese people who have intensely and precisely studied intricate embroidery and writing extremely complex characters for millennia. They have innate dexterity, understanding of 2-dimensional space, and a naturally precise control of writing implements. At the age we learn to write the letters A-Z and 0-9, they learn to write 300 difficult characters to represent entire words.

There's more art history to this aspect regarding the literati scholar painters, but Korean and Japanese people have more simplistic and symbolic styles of art, due to their more simple phonetic-based writing systems (compare manhwa and manga to mànhuà). If you mean math, asians in general are good because their counting systems teach addition/subtraction/multiplication instead of simply climbing up a scale like romantic language does.

The downside being that centuries of intricate calligraphy work has ruined their eyesight and put all Chinese children at risk of blindness. Food scientists have attempted to remedy this by genetically splicing rice with vitamin A, but they're so superstitious that the yellow color seems too off putting and scary.
>>
>>3070368

discipline is very ingrained into their culture.
>>
>>3071414

fuggin l o v e chinese landscape painting
>>
>>3070396
>If no one has done ill be the first one to do it.
First part true, this part not so much. Most asian artists I see are copies of one another.
>>
Western schools barely teach art fundamentals. It's all a big racket. The art industry in western countries is just a giant money laundering scheme, so there is no desire or need to train technically skilled artists. Just over-inflate shitty abstract scribbles and ""donate"" them for write-offs. Art college is also a joke. It's designed to suck in normies with disposable income who think they are "creative" but won't dedicate themselves to a craft. Of course the schools don't object to it because higher standards=less money.

Western culture is all about taking what was good, cheapening it, mass producing it, and sending it out to the public hoping to make big margins. We are a society in decline and it reflects heavily on our culture and art. Everything down to our very population is quantity>quality.
I believe Asia was this way for a long time under 3rd worldism/communism, but there is a burgeoning traditionalist movement that is even supported by the government. Fine art, masculinity, and anti-degeneracy is on the rise. So they make a lot better shit and teach their kids better. I do believe that many whites still reject modernity and create good art, but there are so few now. It's just not worth it to go against the grain for most people

>tfw living through the slow, pitiful decline of an empire.
>>
>>3071438
What's with all the stamps?
>>
File: asia.jpg (9KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
asia.jpg
9KB, 226x223px
>>3070396
>If no one has done ill be the first one to do it.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>3072376
Early version of drawfag who always signs their work.
>>
>>3071457
Judging by your post it's clear that western education is in decline in more ways than one, for quite a long time.
>>
File: IMG_2023.jpg (31KB, 393x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2023.jpg
31KB, 393x379px
>>3070368
This is retarded

He's using the dumbass heads measurement for a fucking skeleton

Also can't draw a clavicle-scapula connection to save his life
>>
>>3072376
In eastern Asian countries they use personal stamps instead of signatures, and often times these old paintings that were passed from owner to owner would be stamped by its new owner.
Since they were mostly owned by wealthy people its probably a power move.
>>
>>3071441
That means they are sharing knowledge among themselves, which is why their artists progress way faster
>>
>>3072438
lol silly. Chinaman invented the moon so white ppl could land on it
>>
>>3070368
yeah, i noticed how a lot of folks from japan in particular that dont actually pursue art just happen to be able to doodle really nicely. ive always just assumed its a skill thats taught more/encouraged in school in asia
>>
>>3072546
Enlighten me then.
>>
>>3072438
It's difficult to be innovative when you're trying to recover from a line of wars.
>>
File: anato-me.jpg (527KB, 1221x1048px) Image search: [Google]
anato-me.jpg
527KB, 1221x1048px
Before anybody invests any time into studying this particular video, I would like to point out that it contains several glaring anatomical mistakes.

The first and most obvious to me is that it represents a misunderstanding of the origins and insertion of the pectoralis major. The instructor demonstrates the muscle fibers running transversely across ribcage with just the clavicular section inserting into the proper position. In reality all of the muscle fibers converge onto the lateral side of the humerus.

Second thing is a misunderstanding of the multiheaded nature of the biceps. He represents the heads as being completely bifurcated with the short head inserting onto the ulna and the long head inserting onto the radius. In reality the two heads form a common mass that inserts onto the radius. There is no ulnar attatchment - instead there is an aponeurosis that radiates out from the distal end of the biceps on the medial part of the forearm.

Third - the deltoid is shown inserting directly between the biceps and the triceps with no indication given for the lateral mass of the brachialis. This is a major oversight that hurts the overall construction and has consequences that extend all the way to the elbow region/forearm. It is not clear how the ridge muscles sit on the humerus considering there is no spacing provided in the construction for them.

Honestly I could keep going - what's going on with the inter-digitation of the serratus and the external obliques? Why is there no top plane of the deltoid to represent the acromion process of the scapula in the profile view? Where is the tensor fascia latae in that view?
Why is one of the sternocleidomastoids drawn with two clavicular origins, while the other is drawn with one origin on the manubrium?

This is not a good demonstration of anatomy. The following books are better options:
Artistic Anatomy - Dr. Paul Richer
Human Anatomy for Artists - Eliot Goldfinger
Atlas of Human Anatomy - Stephen Rogers Peck
>>
>>3072928
what
>>
File: july-21-2017.jpg (710KB, 774x1000px) Image search: [Google]
july-21-2017.jpg
710KB, 774x1000px
they get btfo by the dutch, russians, slavs, spanish, italians, french, and blacks. can confirm. am italian. am better.

I'd put asians as whole somewhat better than the english, germans, greeks and anywhere in the middle east or south america, but still bad. average at best.
>>
>>3072974
could be worse... they could be, like, swiss or puerto rican or something. there's some countries that literally contributed virtually nothing to visual arts.
>>
>>3072974
Before people try to disagree, name one masterpiece of visual arts by an asian artist, and go ahead and name who the artist is while your at it. If one person knows who did that big wave off the top of your head you're in the minority.

And blacks had basquiat and nobody since or before but still basquiat.
>>
>>3072974
>isis
>>
>>3072928
>deltoid
The perfectly symmetric deltoid is a dead give away that this is some kind of a simplification though. The whole upper arm is just one fucked simplification.

Still, can't jerk to it. I expected better.

Thanks anon for the red pill.
>>
>>3072980
>greaseball
but you were close
>>
>>3072928
no floating ribs either....
>>
>>3072978
Dude, I don't know any Italians other than Leonardo, Michelangelo, Mario, Luigi, Ezio and Mussolini. What makes you think I can name any artists off the top of my head at all?
>>
>>3070368
They actually teach them unlike in other country's where being artist=being a failure
>>
File: 1499515377687.jpg (67KB, 403x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499515377687.jpg
67KB, 403x600px
>>3072978
I just realize that all artist I'm mostly influenced/inspired by are all Dutch.
But I can't answer your question, though the Great Wave off Kanagawa was the first thing that came to mind, I kinda like a lot of those woodblock prints though, they have a nice feel to them.
>>
>>3073033
>I don't know any Italians other than Leonardo, Michelangelo
oh so the two best artists
>the Great Wave off Kanagawa was the first thing that came to mind
yeah im mostly trying to start shit cause im bored, but there's genuinely no "masterpieces" by notable artists of asian heritage that I can think of
>>
>>3073040
I'm from an asian country. No. You're considered a failure anywhere if you're an artist. ANYWHERE. Unless you make big bucks that is. Then you're the sweet, sweet exception to the rule.
>>
>>3070566
this
>>
>>3071414
So the Chinese language is what made East Asians good at art?
>>
>>3073736
> the two most publicized artists

Fixed.
>>
>>3073704
That was Hokusai
> Reminder that Vilppu loves Hokusai
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.