[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pen Displays

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: huion.jpg (190KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
huion.jpg
190KB, 1500x1500px
What's a good pen display? I'd rather not shell out for a cintiq. Thanks for any help.
>>
>>3069979
they even used a shit tier anime artist for their advertisement, baka
>>
>>3069983
Or just stole from the internet like they do on their other ads
>>
I've heard a lot of good things about the XP-Pen Artist 16
>>
Ugee 1910b. Has lots of good reviews on amazon as well.
>>
>>3069979
been using a bosto kingtee 22u mini for about 2 years now. never regretted the purchase. except import tax fucked me in the asshole because it shipped from china.
>>
Even an old 21UX is better than the chinese options. I would rather use an intuos too.
>>
>>3069979
So if you don't like chinese brands, you can go for XP-Pen. They started off in Japan, then moved to Taiwan. XP-Pen uses different drivers than Chinese brands: huion, ugee, and monoprice.
>>
Your question has an answer, and it's Wacom
>>
>>3070565

No. I have to use an UGEE at work. It seems fine at first, but it's cheaply made, the pen pressure sensitivity is lousy, and the lines it makes are jagged and rough.

Oh and the monitor itself sucks. Bad colors. Blows out the grays on brighter settings.

I've been using it for two months and I can safely say that you will come to hate it eventually, especially if you know how much better a cintiq is.
>>
>>3070777
it's good enough to make good art. of course you will think it's bad if you compare it to something a lot better, but that doesn't mean it really is bad
>>
>>3070781
A drawing monitor that feels and looks like shit is horrible to work with. And why deal with that when a wacom tablet is cheaper and has better results?
>>
>>3070781
the cheapest cintiq costs nearly 900, the ugee is more than half the price. that's why. and you have a monitor to look at the colors when you pick them out. and it doesn't feel bad
>>
>>3070781

I disagree. It's line control is so crappy, that I have to use the pen tool much more than I would normally which slows me down and frustrates me.

It just... throws you off your game, which is real bad when you're working under a deadline.
>>
>>3071673
I use a Ugee 2150 and the lines are fine.
>>
>>3069979
are there real technical reviews of huion vs monoprice vs wacom vs whatever?

retards stating that is not good because is not wacom don't help at all.
>>
>>3072094
Terrible jitter is well documented across the chinese ones.
>>
Thread just for me. So i really WANT that cintiq, but do i NEED one?
>>
>>3072134
thanks for nothing, retard
>>
File: Bhx9bN4.png (2KB, 122x85px) Image search: [Google]
Bhx9bN4.png
2KB, 122x85px
>>3070817
>cheapest cintiq
>is $900
Can easily grab one off eBay for between $500-600 barely used/like new. If you've got to have a new, top of line model or w/e, then saving up and shelling out a few hundreds more shouldn't be a concern unless you're poor (at which point you should be looking at better managing your finances rather than pen displays).
>>
>>3072143
>screenshot with a cursor
pls kill yourself
>>
>>3072143
I'm a full time student with barely any free time of course I'm poor for now
>>
>>3072143
Is it even safe to buy one from ebay? Those arent official stores theyre just regular people who could easily send you a broken one.. idk if the ratings can be trusted but yeah
>>
>>3072416
Yeah, I hear people bitching about Cintiqs having hardware problems straight from Wacom themselves. I definitely couldn't risk buying one from eBay with no safety nets like refunding, warranty, etc.
>>
File: received_1502285766497511.png (509KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
received_1502285766497511.png
509KB, 720x1280px
Get a surface pro 3 used open box for $600 and get the better pro 4's keyboard, get the 8gb 256ssd model and be careful with the back flap, it breaks fairly easy and impossible to fix. I bought a hub thing from Goodwill that takes dpi, 4usb, audio Jack's, etc for $6 and I have a mini number pad and use it in desktop mode connected to a TV as a larger display. Runs full windows, and it's an awesome device. $600 + $40 keyboard +however much. Hub costs
>>
>>3072459
Also look up visiblrfixmypen to get more accurate response rates, used for Osu! But works great for photoshop
>>
>>3072459
Surfaces are okay for painting, terrible for lines/inking.
>>
>>3072416
I bought a used cintiq from amazon and works like new.
>>
>>3072890
Amazon ever only gives me the option to pay with a credit card and I don't have one.
>>
>>3073054
really? I've been buying on amazon using gift cards for years without owning a credit card, only ever been asked to use a credit card for some downloads and music, along with getting prime.
>>
>>3073063
But a cintiq costs a lot so I'm guessing you paid that with a credit card? Or did you use multiple gift cards?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (3KB, 193x115px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
3KB, 193x115px
>>3073068
I have a gift card balance, the cards put on add up so i can just choose the option 'pay with gift card balance'. Price doesn't seem to matter, as long as I have enough there. I've never gotten anything as expensive as a cintiq but I've gotten things that cost 100-200$ many times without a problem.
Also i'm not the anon that bought the cintiq haha
>>
>>3073322
yeah this anonymous stuff is really confusing and annoying sometimes.. but thanks for informing me!
>>
File: 1413654466907.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1413654466907.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>3069979
Poorfag here, what would be the best budget pen display?
>>
If you want a pen display you're gonna have to shell out for a Cintiq or iPad Pro. The other options are really cheap. Watch any review on youtube of the cheap chinese tablets and you'll see what I mean. You don't even have to buy new. Hit up ebay or craigslist. Its worse to throw away 300-400 on shitty tech than to pay a little extra for quality.
>>
surface pro/book looks really appealing since i want a new laptop as well, but people keep bringing up pen issues

think i'll just stick with a tablet for now, but it would be awesome to draw in photoshop while in bed or wherever.
>>
>>3073815
First you say you don't have to buy new and then you say it's worse to pay less .. I'm confused
>>
>>3069983
lol actually it sounds like they know who their target market is
>>
>>3069979
Huion gt 220 user here, had it's issues but the drivers became great eventually, im sure their new models will only improve on this
>>
>>3074242
Dont buy a new lower quality tablet when you can buy a used cintiq instead, dumbass.
>>
>>3072416
Ebay has a fraud protection guarantee. Just read the description and make sure it's a working unit. And yes, look at the seller rating and activity.
>>
>>3074285
Very mature to insult me. Rude cunt
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.