[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

usless art teacher

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: AG_jKM0f.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AG_jKM0f.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>mfw my art teacher has never heard of loomis and doesnt even know basic construction.

how does he have this job ;-;
>>
>>3069189
you should tell him to post his work.
>>
>>3069189
You're there to learn what he knows, not what he doesn't know.

If you don't think he has anything to teach you, drop the class.
>>
the vast majority of western art teachers (and professional artists for that matter) don't know about construction, or other techniques of classical realism, as that is something of a forgotten art here

>>3069252
yes, he is there to learn how to do abstract postmodernism
>>
File: 1448397071967.jpg (118KB, 1440x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1448397071967.jpg
118KB, 1440x1093px
most art teachers besides industrial designers were never taught proper drawing.
For decades traditional skills have been removed completely from art education.
>>
>>3069320
>industrial designers
These guys still actually draw? Instead, of you know, just using CAD?
>>
>Tfw signed up for an entry level art class in my non art college
Don't know why I did it but I feel like im gonna be in a similar boat to you op.
>>
>>3069189
Loomis is a meme here but not universally known in the art world. There are lots of other sources to learn this shit
>>
File: cry.jpg (20KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
20KB, 388x388px
>>3069189
>be student
>go to art school
>fuck around
>graduate and can't find job
>work part time job at previous art school making minimum wage
>work various internships at companies but no job offer
>Finally get low paying quality control position at graphic design firm.
> Job sucks, decide that I want to make a difference and teach instead of working on my portfolio.
> apply for jobs at art colleges
>REJECTED

>apply for jobs at colleges with small art departments
>REJECTED/Only low pay temp work

>apply to shity local artiliers for preschool kids
>Only low pay part time work + crazy kids

>Apply to preschool art program
>REJECTED no connections/ system is full of nepotism

>Apply to Highschools
>Only get work at shitty title 1 schools

>Apply to middle schools
>Get part time job as art teacher!
>School liked my degree from no name art school
>Get paid $11/hr + basic benefits
>First day of class, realize don't know shit about fundamentals or basics.
>Bullshit my way through job teaching arts and crafts, reading off powerpoints from internet.
>Grade bullshit assignments using arbitrary standards.
>Tommy turns in plastic bottle with paper in it. "A+ effort! Nice Found Object!"
>Emma turns in shitty drawing of anime girlz. "LOL, anime 4 faggots. Not real art! NO ANIME! C-"
>Jennifer makes shit art, want to be pro but I know she'll never make it. However, is feminist. Me being liberal cuck from art school "Wow! Very impressive Jennifer! You should apply to art school! Don't worry, you'll make it just like me! The debt is worth it and will push you to work hard. The debt won't matter when you have a job!"
>Jim, kid has actual talent. Uses Loomis and Hogarth. Watches Gnomon and new master academy. Attends Schoolism and CGMA. OH FUCK! Jealousy builds. This kid will make it.
>"Fuck you Jim. Your anatomy is off! Colors are fucked up. C+"
>Jim is only kid to graduate with C+, but is best artist and will make it.
>Realize how much of a jealous loser I am.
>>
>>3069189
not every artist wants to draw sexy pinups and shit you fucking idiot
loomis isn't some all encompassing art bible, he has a single useful book on anatomy
>>
File: 1fb.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1fb.png
340KB, 600x583px
>>3070342
>Fucking hate myself and take anger out on Jim
>Jim hates me but it fuels my jealously.
>how can middle schooler be so gud.
>kid loves art so if I make his life hell. He will quit art class and never get gud.
>Next year Jim doesn't take art
>feel accomplished!
>Couple years later Jim graduates Middle school and is pro level. Gets small contracts working as illustrator for Fantasy Flight games, PathFinder, and Legend of the Cryptids. Also works as concept artist for Mattel, inc.

>Jennifer is stupid bitch who will never make it.

>Cry when I realize how irrelevant I am to childs artistic development.
>Don't know shit about fundamentals, will never get gud, stuck in shit job forever with shitty students.
>Go home and cry. Me: be 34 year old blaming life problems on a middle schooler.

>Time goes on, years pass. Jennifer graduated from random stats college art program. Has tons of debt. Wants to be a teacher.
>Me: 43 years old and decide to tell her the truth: "You were never good Jennifer. You fucked yourself and now have $200k debt"
>Jennifer never talks to me again
>Go home after days work of taking my frustration out on kids.
>Go on 4chan /ic/
>Everyone talking about some concept artist who is new /ic/ god.
>Click thread and find video comic con interview with concept artist.
>click on video and see Jim!
>He's successful
>He has money
>He has pretty gf
>Only 26 years old
>Then, interviewer asks about his middle school memories
>I look at the video, listening intently. Hopefully He'll mention me....
>No, nothing. he talks about this cool maths and history teachers, but not me. After all the work I did to try to make his life a living hell he doesn't even mention me. Says he doesn't remember takign art classes in middle school cuz its stupid.

<I'm irrelevant
<Forgotten
<Cry
<Drink
<Get gun
<Shove gun up my butt
<pull trigger
>>
>>3070361
rip your booty crevice.
>>
>>3069189
loomis is an internet thing
i went to actual real university for animation and no-one there had heard of loomis either, the furthest they go down the books for losers on the internet rabbit hole is hogarth
>>
>>3070559
> loomis is an internet thing

Definitely not true.I had a mentor back then who introduced me to loomis that his old mentored intorduced him to.

And this is way before mainstream internet.
>>
>>3070361
Holy fuck I hope you're just making this shit up.
>>
>>3070342
>>3070361
Sir, I hate you. Maybe you don't remember me but I remember you. Always. I'm not Jim btw
>>
>>3071697
hi jennifer! hows that debt coming along?
>>
File: 1463944278059.png (116KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1463944278059.png
116KB, 346x297px
I learned more about animation on here than my actual animation teacher wtf
>>
>>3069320
how do i learn proper traditional skills?
>>
>>3070568
>mentor
>MY MENTOR TAUGHT ME THINGS HIS MENTOR PASSED DOWN TO HIM
what the fuck do you think you are, a sith lord?
>>
File: fd512df2469e3538441aafabb30cdd4c.jpg (252KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
fd512df2469e3538441aafabb30cdd4c.jpg
252KB, 736x1040px
>>3071724
I'm just saying, Loomis has been around. I still ahve a xerox copy of his book back when all his books were out of print for a long time. They only reprinted his books back in 2009 when enough people are clamouring for it.

Even artschool in my place shares alot of his xerox copied book because it's an high sought educational material back in the early 2000.

> Also Pic related. this is the art of my mentor's mentor who said to him he needed more loomis.
>>
>>3071806
looks lile jojo
>>
>>3070568
The people who think Loomis is a joke are people who have never talked to anyone outside of /ic/ imo
>>
>>3069189
>how does he have this job ;-;
Because you pay him?
>>
File: 1498854268808.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1498854268808.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>>3069189

>low-level art teachers are shit
>You still need proper art teaching to get in a proper art school (at least in my country)
>It's like everyone thinks there's "only talent" without even properly teaching younger population
>>
>>3071847
>thinking that the "official way" isn't just rigged to fool the plebeians.
>>
>>3069189
>loomis and doesnt even know basic construction.
because loomis is a conceptart meme and basic construction is only for artists doing any type of realism in their art

most art schools are aimed toward modern art, contemporary art or any shitters that prefer abstract assjuice.

you're at fault for not picking a better school and teacher.
>>
>>3070342
>>3070361
>He has so much free time to type up bs like this
>>
File: 2af7a48d0453ef9879fa532f8c038482.gif (203KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
2af7a48d0453ef9879fa532f8c038482.gif
203KB, 800x1136px
>>3071825
Comic boob artist back in the 70's ehre were freak of natures who can shit out 8-15 pages a week without any assistants. I'm not shitting you.

Well I guess that's to be expected since they don't hbave any venues to shitpost about art like what we have righ tnow.
>>
>>3071670
smells like summer
>>
>>3071941

t. reader

You'll make it, lad.
>>
>>3072001
that looks pretty good except some of the faces look a little flat compared to the other details. amazing to see how slack a lot of artists are these days with style. on that note however most manga is at 30 pages/week but im not sure how many assistants each artist has
>>
>>3072077
I can attest to that most successful artists around the world are pretty efficient and reliable people.

Financially successul ones, however, can be relative as there are great artists I know who are fucking dirt poor because they're shit with financial management.
>>
File: adhhadh.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adhhadh.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>3072077

Many of them only draw the sketches and let their asdistants worry about inking/perspective/effect lines /dialogue balloons, etc...

>>3072001
>MAMATAY SI NERO!
>MGA MAMAMAYAN NG

English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?
>>
>>3070361
Idc how much of this is Bullshit or what, either way you're a pathetic worm.

K~y~s~
>>
>>3072620
>K~y~s~

Whenever I see this acronym I can't help but thinking the sender is some angsty teenager who contemplates suicide in the late night hours and is secretly embarrassed about it which makes it the perfect insult in his or her mind.
>>
>>3072631

It's pronounced - keees; like kiss with a very bad french accent
>>
>>3072631
Clearly this scenario is familiar to you.

Aka projecting.
>>
>>3072100
>DEATH TO NERO!
>THE WEALTHY ROMANS: THE PERSON WHO BURNED DOWN ROME IS NERO!

Nestor Redondo
>Nestor Purugganan Redondo was a Filipino comics artist best known for his work for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and other American publishers in the 1970s and early 1980s
>>
>>3072676
>clearly a shrink suffers from all the illnesses he knows about. Projecting! Saaad.

ah, you idiot.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.