[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw perspective is so hard that you abandon drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: dogtears.jpg (83KB, 521x514px) Image search: [Google]
dogtears.jpg
83KB, 521x514px
>tfw perspective is so hard that you abandon drawing
>>
File: 4fe59dc1fe035bd90bb807b713256506.png (754KB, 1488x1267px) Image search: [Google]
4fe59dc1fe035bd90bb807b713256506.png
754KB, 1488x1267px
>>3069002
>when perspective is so hard that you want to abandon life
>>
>>3069002
perspective seems like a hotter-than-normal topic on here lately.
perspective is hard though, i agree.
i tried to do a little life drawing using boxes and shit and it was hard as fuck. then i just drew the same shit without utilizing that perspective/construction mumbo jumbo and it was damn easy.
i dunno. i guess i just gotta massage it into my brain more or something so i can draw expressively and accurately with perspective instead of just feeling stuff out.
>>
>>3069002
it's easy to grasp it if you're doing technical art like buildings, machinery, etc... capturing perspective on organic subjects, however, is a different challenge.

if you're a NEET who has made it a goal to WANT TO become a serious artist, you are going to have to practice 5-6 hours a day maybe a couple hours more. But if you have a job and a social life, it still has to be done every day for at least 2 hrs.

I suggest don't follow any rules, tutorials, or copy from established artists/artwork for now. Just take a graphite pencil, pen, whatever you like to use and a simple sketchbook. Go to a public area where people are sitting or standing and just DRAW WHAT YOU SEE FROM YOUR EYE. Draw people, animals, and trees.

If these subjects move, go on to the next one without hesitating. If you think you made mistakes, do not erase, just keep going. In fact don't bring an eraser with you for this training practice. Fill as many pages of your sketchbook. It does not have to be neat or clean, don't worry about that.
>>
>>3069270
>capturing perspective on organic subjects, however, is a different challenge.

organics are slightly more forgiving though, the viewer is more likely to forgive minor inaccuracies as long as you get the general proportions right
>>
>>3069270
>I suggest don't follow any rules, tutorials, or copy from established artists/artwork for now. Just take a graphite pencil, pen, whatever you like to use and a simple sketchbook. Go to a public area where people are sitting or standing and just DRAW WHAT YOU SEE FROM YOUR EYE. Draw people, animals, and trees.

I always see people recommend this and I personally think that people who say that don't either know what they're talking about or they have no idea or forgotten over time how the information got to them. It's a useless advice what won't teach anything if you don't do it properly. A person can draw from life for 4 years every day a couple of hours and the ammount they learn is little if they do it without knowledge why they are doing and what they are doing. Life has so many things going on at once which processing all at once is really difficult or can't be even seen. It's one of the reasons a lot of art schools suck and why most people there will leave the art school as bad as they entered. These people don't get guidance but are told to just draw what they see. It works for some people who can snowball from it but someone with no basic fundamentals wont gain much other than getting familiar with the tools and a bit of observation which doesnt equal knowledge why things work and happen like they do.

I'm not saying that drawing from life is bad at all, it's nessecary but something mindless is just unefficient waste of time.
>>
>>3069308
the reason most art schools suck is BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING DO LIFE DRAWING ANYMORE YOU DOLT.
>>
>>3069312
You might be right there aswell. These both go hand in hand. Some only teach theory, some only let you draw from life. Both are bad if there's only one present.
>>
File: 1499786382234.jpg (68KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1499786382234.jpg
68KB, 800x533px
>>3069002
i just received insults for doing art so i stopped doing art and started doing wagey jobs

at least i get respect for working while i get none for drawing or doing music. no wonder some artists suicide its shitty to entertain
>>
>>3069322
> i just received insults for doing art so i stopped doing art
Art is only half about drawing, sculpting etc. The other half is berating other artists and enlarging one's ego.
>>
Except it's literally not hard because it is something you percieve every day.

Learn to actually learn something faggot.
>>
>>3069308

This was under my assumption that OP was/is RECEIVING some formal training and was not understanding it that way.

if OP is receiving training through tutorials, classes but was still not getting it, the logical thing to do is to get out and practice it without something hindering you whether it be from a book or a video. Visual art is 80% DOING, 20% absorbing information.
>>
>>3069002
>perspective is so hard

I'm sorry you're retarded, anon :(
>>
>>3069031
>>3069002
Put down the rope Chester
>>
>>3069002
brainlet detected
>>
>>3069002

Don't, just take adderall if you have to.
>>
>>3069002
'Perspective made easy' is a great book on it.

For me, anatomy is the hardest. There's just so much of it
>>
File: jkb698di7.png (933KB, 1352x768px) Image search: [Google]
jkb698di7.png
933KB, 1352x768px
>whispers, "all you need is Sheldon fucking Borenstein"
>>
>>3070364
This. Between him and vandruff i actually don't feel as retarded compared to when i'm watching erik olson
or bored
>>
You're probably making it harder than it needs to be. Don't go overboard with it. 1 or 2 point is really all you'll need for most anything you do.
>>
>>3069002
to be honest, i kinda feel like if you're the kind of guy who starts to learn to draw, learns about perspective and all it's straight lines and formulas and what not, and you're like, 'aha math, this must be the essence of drawing,' then you're probably not the art type anyway.

not that perspective isn't important but once you know what it looks like you should think like "i'll remember this when i'm drawing some rad building or a car or something" not "oh no! i've been trying to work out how to draw a tilted box for days, how will i ever be able to draw tilted boxes if i don't know the co-ordinates!"
>>
i really enjoy perspective the hardest to me maybe could be composition everything looks like empty
>>
File: ketchup.jpg (385KB, 1734x1211px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup.jpg
385KB, 1734x1211px
>>3070476
Not to mention doing all that by hand in this day and age is kind of like using an abacus when you have a pocket calculator.

Not that there's anything wrong with it if you enjoy it but there's not much real use to the skill other than to prove you can work by medieval methods.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.