[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deviantart how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: wat.jpg (7KB, 236x170px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
7KB, 236x170px
How does one get a good follower count in deviantart?
>>
>fanart
>upload 4+ times a week
>have at least some decent skill
>suggestive/nudes
>upload to 100+ groups
>>
do people still use deviantart?
>>
Always upload your content to groups
>>
>>3068885

join all of the groups, shamelessly steal from whatever gets the best reception and pretend to be a 15 year old girl
>>
File: 1458039311613.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
1458039311613.gif
4MB, 581x327px
for what purpose would one wish fame on deviantart?
>>
>>3068885
be good and upload

wow that was hard
>>
if you want an extremely cheesy way to get views/followers just favorite a bunch of shit thats similar/leave comments. not kidding either, people will click on your profile. you just need to get your name in peoples browsers. HTH
>>
Did you know the artist behind TwoKinds is Markiplier's brother?
>>
File: subterraneanwellsmall.png (2MB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
subterraneanwellsmall.png
2MB, 1000x749px
>>3068904
There is a small cult of people who still think of dA as a legit art site. i do, myself, but since I started my webcomic I sorta prefer Tapastic. it's just got a real fun layout.

Also, I got a Daily last week,
>pic related
>>
>>3068885
draw fandom shit, all my fandom stuff gets the most views/favs (not that I'm remotely popular or well known at all but out of my works, the fandom stuff is the most popular)
>>
>>3069123
wow, how many watchers did you get that day?
>>
>>3068885
Its not worth the time. I put in a decent amount of effort and only got 44 followers in about a month.
The thing you have to realize is even if your art is good, it'll be drowned out by all the other trash on that website. You have to have a decent following and deliver content consistently(3 times a day?) just so your shit stays above water. A lot of good artists are buried by the filth on that website like inflation fetish and other niche degeneracy.
How about you actually get good and stop focusing on a cult following from a pathetic website like that? They'll come to you in the future anyway.
>>
>>3069132
I think it was like 25? Not a lot but it was good timing to get a few new active watches just before I started posting my comic pages. Like 90% of my followers have been inactive since 2013.
>>
>>3068923
For real though, join groups and submit stuff
>>
I was on there back around '08-'12 and (regretfully) got a high follower count through a really cheap method
I made demotivational anime posters. got into those for about a year, maybe half a year

I shotgunned them around various fandom groups and got followers out the ass

then I tried actually creating art. I got better than where I was, but I got virtually nothing compared to me leeching off other people's work

still, I felt better about what I was doing and my stuff got taken down none of the time compared to half the time when I made the posters

my point being, don't give a shit about follower count. popularity sucks, but art skills are better to have
>>
>>3068904
Yes, in fact it's by far the biggest non-social media art site and by the looks of it, it's going to outlive Tumblr and Facebook as platforms for artists.
>>
>>3068986
As Sakimichan, Kron and various others have proven, it's the most loyal fanbase when it comes to building a patreon and actually getting some money out of it. 1000 followers on DA are worth like 10000 followers on Instagram as far as monitization goes.
>>
>>3069210
>1000 watchers
That's exactly what I have. Too bad they're mostly dead accounts
>>
>>3068885
TITS. also, ASS.
>>
what's the alternative to Deviantart these days? Tumblr is dying, instagram is worthless for anyone who doesn't post portraits of pretty girls, artstation doesn't do anything for you in terms of exposure and is mainly just a hub for pros to host their portfolio. What else is there? Twitter?
>>
>>3069267
and maybe even DICK.
>>
>>3069123
Post on lineWebtoon, tapastic is terrible.
>>
>>3069284
Yes, unironically Twitter. It's good for communicating with fellow artists, and most of them post interesting wips and sketches there, and the algorithm makes it easy to get followers by replying to popular artists and getting your name in people's follow suggestions. One demerit is that some artists can be pretty annoying with political rants, but as long as you don't follow sjw artists it's fine.
>>
same quesiton but for artstation?
>>
File: opU4Ls7.jpg (17KB, 249x459px) Image search: [Google]
opU4Ls7.jpg
17KB, 249x459px
>>3068885
>draw fan art (preferably of something very popular)
>add it to a fuck ton of groups

done.
>>
>>3069155
..really? I thought a DD would be a huge thing. I get about 25 new watchers everytime I post something new and upload it to groups.

>>3069210
yes, THIS. every time someone here talks shit about deviantart i always feel like they're wrong, and this is why. followers on deviantart are much more invested in you than other social media where most people are not even artists. I know many people who only have a deviantart and are thriving on patreon, some of them only started their accounts as recent as 7 months ago.
>>
>>3069476
I think that Artstation is purely skill based & you're more likely to be famous if you're very good AND draw the flavour of the month. (like Overwatch,Nier Automata,,.... All the new popular topics)
>>
>>3068885

Draw pictures catering to a niche fetish.

You don't even have to be good, just draw furries in diapers with a modicum of skill and people will be begging you for commissions.
>>
>>3069542
They used to be but now you don't even see the daily deviations on the front page anymore unless you scroll down a bunch.
>>
>>3068904
I use it because it's where my biggest fanbase lies. And for whatever reason people give much more thoughtful comments there. Instagram's layout encourages short brief responses to your stuff and more often than not people don't comment at all.
>>
>>3069707
I don't care that much about the comments, I just want people to view my work in a bigger resolution than these glorified thumbnails instagram forces you to use.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.