[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scott Robertson

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 15.jpg (107KB, 399x488px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
107KB, 399x488px
This book is 2deep4me. I was steadily trekking along and then all of a sudden Scott decides to anally rape my anus and I understand nothing.

What do?
>>
>>3068766
Tell daddy at which part your brain went ouchie
>>
>>3068769
Page 22.
>>
>>3068771
わかりません www
>>
File: 1497373759001.png (128KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
1497373759001.png
128KB, 581x443px
>>3068777
>>
Did you try loomis
>>
>>3068766
I don't think anyone on /ic/ as actually read this book or bothered to understand it. Your probability of getting an answer is pretty low.
What do you understand so far about the page?
>>
>>3068771
At any rate, draw two vanishing points on a horizon line and one line down from where your point of view is
measure the degree and make two new vanishing points that have the same degree and that allows you to correctly rotate a box in perspective
>>
>>3068801
Have you considered writing a book? You're much better at explaining this than Scott is.

>>3068790
I don't think you're actually Ruan Jia.
>>
>>3068807
There are tons of other books and videos on any topic you can think of.
No need to pollute the market any further.
>>
>using scotty 2 hotty's advice and not just feeling it out
lmao
>>
File: n3Lzmlg.jpg (72KB, 951x1054px) Image search: [Google]
n3Lzmlg.jpg
72KB, 951x1054px
>>3068807
>telling Anon to write an art book
>>
I was doing fine until the chapter 3 exercises happened. I know I should practice them but they seem to require a perspective grid first...
>>
>>3068807
whoops, forgot to delete that.
>>
>>3068766
do marshall vandruff instead. he's easier and more fun. then afterward go back to scotty if you want
>>
>>3068825
Who and where? Not OP but curious nonetheless.
>>
>>3068830
http://marshallart.com/SHOP/all-products/all-videos/1994-perspective-drawing-series/
>>
>>3068830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60e9_ofV68

this is the intro to the series, which was made much more recently than the actual videos. the actual videos are lectures from 1994, and there's a sample of that on his channel as well. if you like his teaching style and personality i'd suggest it.
it's like 6-7 hours of stuff and it's $12.
it's probably on cgpeers too.
>>
>>3068837
>>3068840
Oh this guy. Yeah I bought his vids from his site a while back and gave a quick watch. Nice guy but I tend to be the type who like exercises for technical stuff. Will give a research though, thanks for the reminder!
>>
File: 1446401124863.png (186KB, 416x398px) Image search: [Google]
1446401124863.png
186KB, 416x398px
>>3068766
I understand your frustration. I really thought I could make it until I started trying to read shit. Now I feel like a fucking retard.
>>
>>3068766

I would first read "Perspective for Comic Book Artists", "Perspective Made Easy" and "Perspective Drawing Handbook", in that order. It's kind of redundant, but I feel like seeing the same key concepts being taught in different manners, and with lots of examples/visualizations actually help one to understand them better. You can do that in a couple days and I think it's worth it.

After you've done this you probably should watch his video series for Gnomon, and check him showing and doing his perspectives sketches in practice. (https://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/instructors/scott-robertson)

THEN you read Scott's books, and bust your ass off drawing and practicing, using the already read material as reference.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.