[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>practice >improve Anyone else know this feel?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: huh.jpg (34KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
34KB, 394x394px
>practice
>improve
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>3067565
me:
>don't practice
>improve anyway
>>
>>3067565
not really
i never notice when i improve, never feel it. it's only when i compare old work to my current stuff and i'm like "oh yeah, this... was harder back then, and looks worse."
>>
I don't practice that much and I still improve with every piece a lot. Am I talented? Should I draw more?

I don't want to sound like I am full of myself but I really think that I am special in at least some capacity I draw like 10 hours a week the most and I still go faster than anyone here.
>>
>>3067578
post your progress
>>
>>3067578
Are you objectively good?

Improvement is a lot faster when you're still actually learning to draw. Then it gradually becomes less and less noticeable as you get better
>>
File: 53f.jpg (27KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
27KB, 600x765px
>>3067565
You got it wrong.

>practice
>struggle, keep failing
>go to sleep
>wake up
>automatically solve all the problems that you could not solve yesterday

It's like magic!
>>
>>3067589
It's just an illusion, you keep getting better, but your standards are now so high that everything seems to be not enough for you to be satisfied. Given that you know how to practice, obviously.
>>
File: study.png (505KB, 684x746px) Image search: [Google]
study.png
505KB, 684x746px
>>3067582
I'd rather not, because I post my work on social media (it helps me to cope with my issues) and I delete a lot of my stuff that was meant to be a study for example. Pic rel is one of my recent studies that I kept

>>3067589
I am a slightly better beginner so yeah, I agree with you. I also think that me spending a lot of time on analyzing what do I have to do in order to get values or colors right helps with achieving better results. I have a mindset which can be described like this: every new piece has to be somewhat better than the last one. And I have to feel like it's better, I have to see it too. So I work on it till it's better.

It's easier now because I am quite new to drawing but it will get harder for sure. I have to find a good way to make myself disciplined
>>
>>3067603
everytime i see this i like it a little less. but props for putting art to word.
>>
>>3067606
It's just unfinished but I felt like I improved while doing it so I left it to rot on my hard drive.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>3067565
>2017
>study 2 and a half books
>fill 2 sketchbooks and weeks worth of drawings in photoshop
>can't remember any of it
Why can't i remember it? I have to use references all the time
I'm not going to make it
>>
>>3067578
>I draw like 10 hours a week the most and I still go faster than anyone here.
i reckon you actually draw more than the average person here.

>>3067703
do you just do studies/copies or are you trying to draw from imagination?
you know, the real path to glory is this process:
1. draw what you want to from imagination. it's probably going to suck, but do it.
2. afterward, fix what you drew/painted using reference.
that's the way to solidify that shit in yo brain
>>
>>3067603
>Pic rel is one of my recent studies that I kept
>recent

Bruh, that thread was in like February.
>>
>>3067722
Because I don't do much, sadly. Gotta rediscover myself and channel the energy into art, something other people should do if they want to succeed.
>>
>>3067578

How long have you been drawing?

Starting out improvement comes in leaps and bounds. I thought I was making great pace for about a year and a half and then I realized that the real difficulty isn't going from beginner to mediocre, it's going from mediocre to good. I imagine going from good to excellent is even harder.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.