[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sketching

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

how do i make my sketches tidy? ive seen a lot of pro artists with a super clean sketching style. is there any exercises i can do to practice sketching cleanly?

pic related, im looking to sketch like the drawing on the left
>>
should of mentioned this, but i want to sketch like the blue parts of the image, my lines also come out a lot heavier than that, even when using a blue pencil
>>
this is another example of how i want to sketch
>>
>>3067474
her eyes are bulging. you placed them too far out
>>
>>3067488
these arent my drawings, im looking to sketch similar to these
>>
>>3067474
But OP, these sketches are not clean. See the blue lines of the right arm to feel how the artist was trying to find a good shape. And there is one thing you are probably not seeing. The artist probably has drawn some thumbnails before tackling this illustration, so it isn't as messy if he had tried to draw this directly.
>>
>>3067474
Yes, it's called drawing. Do it a lot.
>>
Can this just be an appealing sketches thread now?
>>
>>3067481
Ink your drawings.
Going over lines very cleanly with ink will teach you to draw smooth, precise lines and not waste them.
So many people waste pencil lines; they just flick them onto the paper with feeling, but no sense of precision or dedication.
>>
Draw a lot, just as simply as that, at start you will have to do the sketches part by part, first shapes, then go on with a general idea of the face, clean a bit more the lines add hair, always do it layer over layer, like a sketch of the sketch (this is only one of a million ways to do it). Also always draw different poses like ones you've never drawn before, after hours of practice of this you will be able to do a single sketch onto drawing, even though you master this, sketches are not meant to be clean, so you will always try to do it as simplistic as you can.
I recommend to you to watch the KNKL show a channel from youtube, the guy is also an ex-rioter (a worker from riot the company that created league of legends), he's really onto alt-style drawing but has a lot of realistic style videos, hope this helps you
>>
>>3067474
>>3067481
you realize these re shit tier sketches, right?
>>
>>3067474
Just do gesture drawings. Forget about being tidy, just focus on improving your ability to draw lines and being able to scribble out your ideas quickly and effeciently. The tidiness will come on its own, just draw.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.