[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing made me lose interest in VIDYA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 7zBsd8jn28fczmhsS7dBjk.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7zBsd8jn28fczmhsS7dBjk.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I have the opposite problem that a lot of you guys have. Instead of vidya getting in the way of art, art is getting in the way of vidya
>>
thanks for your blogpost
>>
>1 hour of drawing
that much better at producing art and some degree of satisfaction from time well spent
>1 hour of gaming
immediately followed by regret

How is this a problem?
>>
>>3066746
Thanks for your tweet
>>
>>3066750
Why are you regretful? Art is no more contributive to life than gaming is. At the end of the day, it's just entertainment.
>>
>>3066776
As a recreational activity sure. But art can lead to business whereas games lead to nothing.
You can't have games without art.
>>
>>3066776
That's not necessarily true. Creation is inherently more satisfying and rewarding than consumption in the long run.
>>
>>3066786
You can make money off games though( e.g, livestreams, creating guides, podcast or videos, competitive gaming, and game testing).

At the end of the day, there really is no difference between gaming and art.
>>
>>3066795
That's just your opinion. Some people love consumption others prefer creating. I LOVE listening to music, but I would HATE to actually make music.
>>
>>3066806
Do you see how this post contradicts your previous one brainlet? Man the IQ is average in this thread
>>
>>3066812
What other post? That's the only one I made, retard.
>>
>>3066776
Drawing for a living is a much more easily obtainable skill than gaming for a living.
Come again?
>>
>>3066801
Oooh, I see, you are just very very young or very very dumb. Never mind.
>>
Welcome to adulthood

Gaming is a hair's breadth better than drug abuse
>>
>>3066820
So what? Working in a cubicle is much more obtainable than making art for a living? Does that make it any better or contributive to life? My point is there is no difference between gaming and art, because at the end of the day, its all entertainment.

I'm sorry, I know it must be hard for you wannabe pro artist who are grinding boxes and Loomis x amount of hours per day to realize that all this work you're putting in has no real inherent value to life
>>
File: 1431423489760.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1431423489760.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>3066738
Why don't you just play more games then?

I mean, how is this a problem.
>>
>>3066738
This is good OP, vidya are a huge fucking waste of time that's consuming our will to accomplish anything.
>>
>>3066855
This. Vidya is a once in a while thing, after a particularly busy day, come home and maybe play an hour of a relaxing game. Nothing wrong with spending your time doing productive things,especially if you're enjoying it.
>>
>>3066855
>>3066871
For a hobbyist, art isn't anymore productive than playing video games...
>>
>>3066887
But it is. Work hard at video games as a hobby, and you'll be really good ar a few specific video games. That's it.

Work hard as art, and not only will you have an incredibly versatile new skill, but you can also continue to produce things your entire life.
>>
>>3066887
I hate this board, as if art is only done to be productive? Earn money? Why are you guys even here? The value in drawing, over something like playing games or rewatching some anime, shitposting here etc. is that you are actually being creative. By learning art, you can express yourself. Just the fact that you can create anything you want. Anything that's in your mind you are able to put on paper, whether it is another world, a feeling, or a sexy animoo chick with robot boobs. Video games, however, are in the long run a waste of time. It doesn't matter if you can make money from it, it is still far less valuable as a hobby than art.
>>
>>3066738
that's a happy problem to have
>>
>>3066738

Gaming hates my political views now, so I have it easy. I have a lot of art time now.
>>
>>3066829
>because at the end of the day, its all entertainment.

really depends on your objectives, anon, not everyone is you.

I play videogames a lot more mindlessly than I draw. Someone wanting to become, say, a very skilled player at a game will find that more richly rewarding (yet also more frustrating) than some guy who wants to burn 2 hours, and the same goes for art. Yet the guy who just wanted to burn 2 hours will get what he wanted, 2 hours spent on something ultimately unproductive.

The difference is most people on /ic/ pursue art less casually than most people play videogames (in terms of goals, not necessarily in practice). The goal isn't to 'kill time', it's to develop a skill and improve yourself, which can be more richly rewarding. I draw as a hobby, but I draw at least a bit even when I don't want to because I consider it challenging self improvement. I play videogames as a hobby, but I don't think it improves me at all, it's unproductive entertainment. My 600+ hours in Europa Universalis were fun, but did very little for me, whereas 600+ hours in art would have something to show for it.

'Inherent value to life' is a meaningless statement. Two things matter:
Value to others (IE get paid - you stand a better chance with art than videogames)
Autotelic value - enjoying it for its own sake. Many people find the development of artistic skill more versatile and rewarding than getting good at any particular videogame.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying videogames, but don't be obtuse.
>>
>>3066738
I feel the same way. Used to be one of those guys that got every achievement in the games i loved, now i hardly finish the AAA games i pre-order and i only play games whenever my friends ask me to play a online game. Its pretty weird, but dont really feel like im missing out to be honest.
>>
>>3066738
I've realised that most of the video games that appeal to me are because of their art, not their gameplay. I always loves the character designs in Street Fighter II as a kid, but fucked if I feel like actually playing SFV
>>
>>3066801
>Become art celebrity - join the ranks of Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Da Vinci etc

>Become gaming celebrity - join the ranks of Angry Joe, Boogie, Total Biscuit

Tough decision
>>
>>3066738
I get the same thing, I used to game a lot when I was In highschool but now that I'm 22 I can't play a video game for more than 20min max before I completely switch off, I'd honestly rather be drawing, or doing anything else to be honest.
I guess it just happens to some people
>>
>>3066801
Obvious Troll
>>
>>3066973
The brainlet is clearly butthurt
>>
>>3066801
>Can
But won't
>>
>>3066738
Gaming is necessary to keep those who can't contribute busy, so that they don't get in the way of people who actually move society forward. It's a plebeians sedative.
>>
File: 1428389006853.jpg (109KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
1428389006853.jpg
109KB, 680x962px
>>3066801
because both require begging?
>>
>>3066801

t. Density
>>
>>3066829
>I'm sorry, I know it must be hard for you wannabe pro artist who are grinding boxes and Loomis x amount of hours per day to realize that all this work you're putting in has no real inherent value to life
It's pretty much like saying any work has no real inherent value to life.
I make a living off my art and I'm glad this is the case. I enjoy it and I'm good at it. That's all that matters.
>>
>>3066750
I used to be addicted to online gaming and I had to teach myself again to enjoy media because I became too analytical / treated it as a total waste of time and my well was running dry. I still play videogames once a month but I don't have that guilt anymore, it's silly.
>>
>>3066983
>so that they don't get in the way of people who actually move society forward.

i actually like this headcanon makes a lot of sense. very roman
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.