[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime facial expressions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What are some good books that talk about anime facial expression in a deeper way ? Real people expressions are the base of course. But there is more than that for example the shape of the eyes according to the personality of each character and the way of drawing the nose.

The only book that I know about this is:

How to Draw Anime & Game Characters Vol. 1 Basics for Beginners and Beyond

Even books that takes this theme in a superficial way would be OK just to check the differences between authors.
>>
>>3066487
>look at manga
>study the facial expressions drawn in manga
>???
studying expressions from anime is the worst possible thing you can do
>>
>>3066494

Please, tell more about why is bad to use anime to study facial expressions. Because I've been studying facial expressions from anime...

That might explain some things

I also found this
http://www.animebooks.com/howtodrmachf1.html
>>
File: c.png (978KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
978KB, 1280x720px
>>3066501
anime comes in a million different styles. some of them are extremely exaggerated with expressions, and others like the image in OP literally only move their mouths and eyebrows a tiny bit. If you have a specific style you want to emulate, then study off that manga/anime/whatever. otherwise continue with real people.
>>
>>3066487
something about this construction offends me but i can't pinpoint why. dunning kruger?
>>
Great book for references
>>
>>3068500

https://www.amazon.com/Draw-Manga-Faces-Expressive-Characters/dp/1440337284
>>
>>3066537
>dunning kruger
Yeah, on your part.
>>
>>3066537
It's because the farther away eye is drawn smaller than it should be, when it should just be drawn narrower because of perspective and shit
>>
>>3066501
Anime expressions have a lot of limited animation drawing memes like side mouth and un-animated chins when talking and whatnot. And they also skimp out on the construction of cheeks, smile lines, lips, etc.

Not to mention anime is full of stock expressions every weeb fag I see always copies those stock expressions, don't be one of those people.
>>
>>3068531

Naruhodo
>>
>>3070081
What's up with my husbando?
>>
>>3068531
Meme answer

>>3066512
Correct answer
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.