[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affordable drawing tablets

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1508.jpg (69KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508.jpg
69KB, 1500x1500px
what is a good drawing tablet for someone just getting into digital media?

I'm looking for something cheap that has decent quality to it
>>
This one is perfect already
>>
>>3065120
I recently got Huion Q11K, and it's great.
>>
warning if anyone gets a huion, i have a huion and while the tablet is good quality the driver issue meme is real, i usually have to replug the entire thing and sometimes restart photoshop if i dont put the pen on the surface for a few minutes, like if i leave my desk or watch something.

i honestly wouldn't recommend it if you're just a cheapshake, it's not worth it.
>>
>>3065436
I have the same problem with my Ugee, though I use Krita and CS3. I haven't drawn digitally in months because of it and this has really slowed down my progress.
>>
>>3065463
Which ugee? My 1910b works fine
>>
using a wacom intuos art M at the moment great tablet for the price, wouldn't recomend the huion/monoprice one, for some reason some of them jitter on certain OS + driver and support is really laughable, as much as people shit on wacom, they're pretty stable (still all the extra stuff to make them work without windows Ink kinda sux too)
I'd still recomend a wacom if you're gonna use yours a lot!

Cheers and good luck
>>
>>3065120
Don't fall for the Wacom meme. They're overkill if you're just getting into it.
>>
>>3065527
A 1910b.

I've wiped and reinstalled the drivers 3-4 times now. Made sure pens were charged, too. It was fine for a month or two, then it started doing this more often.
>>
>>3065120
When comparing this tablet with a bamboo of more than twice the price, I couldn't really notice any difference other than the size.
>>
>>3065538
I disagree.

Don't fall for the chink meme. It'll die on you within a year or less, they're unstable. You'll be better off with a wacom that will last forever. If you must start cheap go with a cheaper model, borrow if you must, but don't get a chinese tablet.
>>
>>3065588
lies, been using a bosto kingtee 22U mini for 2 years now. never a problem.
>>
>>3065589
Good for you, I had one chinese tablet when I started out and it died within a year, it was never good to begin with but I didn't know that because it was everything I had. I then tried wacom and never switched back, the quality (at least of the models I used) was like night and day.

Look at the posts above and tell me I'm wrong. People shit all over wacom but at least their products are reliable and last for a very long time, not a year or two - decades. You'll feel the need to upgrade your tablet way before it dies.
>>
>>3065120

I'm using an Ugee HK1060Pro. 2048 Pressure Sensitivity. Got it for just under £60/$80 a few months ago but you can pick one up from amazon for like $50

Works with every program I've tested. SAI, Photoshop, CSP, Manga Studio.

Only issue is the pen is battery powered.
>>
>>3065120

anyone looking at the Huion Giano, watch out

Got mine, and it died after 2 weeks of light use. Battery won't hold a charge, and they give you a lot of nibs, cuz they are shit, and easily grind down.

It does not work wired. It only works wireless, and you cannot work while it's charging. And the design of the tablet itself says a lot about how they think over there(flipping it over to left hand makes it look unappealing).

Avoid the Giano. It's price is right, but this is ass.
>>
>>3065588
>fell for the wacom meme
>>
>>3065436
Never had that problem. I've had multiple problems where I'd have to reinstall my wacom driver every time I turned my computer on though.
>>
File: best tablet.png (30KB, 928x331px) Image search: [Google]
best tablet.png
30KB, 928x331px
>>3065712
Just because you're too much of a vagina to return your obviously defective model doesn't mean OP would be. Never had a single problem with mine
>>
>>3065553
do you maybe still have other drivers installed from other tablets? if not just try to send it back and let them check it out

also I wonder what your opinion is on the quality of drawing itself, I still really want an ipad pro or cintiq because the colors are really bad imo, but maybe I shouldn't complain?
>>
ipad pro
>>
>>3065120
Never buy small wacom tablets.
>>
>>3065887
>reinstall
Retard confirmed. Driver not found errors are easily fixed by restarting the service.
>>
>>3065890

im in the process you uneducated fag. I've even bought a warranty cuz i know this is chinese garbage

desu you're probably a shillster
>>
>>3065120
ill recommend wacom intous pro. medium size

>>3065897
shhhhhhhhh

just got the intous draw a few days ago and i did a concept art gig for 300 bucks yesterday.
>>
>>3065588
last forever? the wacom pro broke 2 within one year... always the stupid usb connection... wacom may be the best tables on the market but they still produce garbage.
>>
I heard good things about the xp-pen tablets, their pens dont use batteries like Wacom's. Can't vouch for them directly though but if I wanted something cheaper Id probably get one.
>>
File: 32 and 24 inch.png (114KB, 1205x640px) Image search: [Google]
32 and 24 inch.png
114KB, 1205x640px
Wacom are making new Cintiq Pro models, appearntly

>32 Inch
Who needs something so fucking large?

>>3066062
I'll admit they do have problems with their cables, heard a bunch of complains on the Cintiqs. My experience with them has been positive though, maybe because I barely move my tablet. The tablet I used in the past seven years still works like new.
>>
>>3065921
Not same anon, but I've tried that personally, they've split it up between "Wacom Professional Service" and "Tablet PC input Service". I've tried restarting both services on a few occasions and it never seems to fix anything.

If anything reinstalling or rebooting the computer seems to work better than trying to fiddle with the services themselves.
>>
>>3065887
I had the same Issue with my huion 1060 pro, i ended up uninstalling every tablet driver on computer and reinstalling just the 1060's driver and that fixed the issue.
>>
>>3067150
i have the NEW 1060 pro (thats the name)

do you have any problems with the tablet not working if you dont use it for a few minutes?
>>
File: 1498756718579.gif (343KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1498756718579.gif
343KB, 500x351px
>>3065120
what's the best surface tablet? should i get a cintique, or would something like a surface pro be better?
pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>3065120
I'm using one of those right now. It's pretty good, maybe a bit too 'scratchy' for my tastes but it gets the job done.
>>
>>3067932
That's just the pen turning itself off to preserve battery. Double tap the tablet and it should work again.
>>
>>3065436
Yeah, come to think of it I have run into a plethora of driver issues but none I have none so difficult that I haven't been able to nigger-rig it.
The only thing that I have a problem with now is the loose fitting wire, which I have managed to remedy with some crafty use of duct tape.

If you're not willing to fix a few problems along the way it's not the tablet for you, but I can't think of a single tablet that has worked perfectly out of the box with no issues whatsoever. Every Wacom that I have ever owned within the Huion price range died from the wire shorting out. My Huion is still going perfect after 6 years.
>>
just get a wacom bamboo small anon
>>
>>3066050

so i got another one, and the pen stops working randomly

yeah im getting another tablet. Avoid the Giano.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_214756.jpg (118KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_214756.jpg
118KB, 1152x648px
>>3065712
>>3066050
>>3070084
sucks to be you, I guess
I've had one for the last few months, honestly one of the best purchases I've made
>>
>>3070571

that doesnt address the fact you cant use the bastard while charging, and the lack of thought for left handed users is disrespectful

And this is just the design alone, this is on top of the issues I've experienced.
>>
>>3070609
>that doesnt address the fact you cant use the bastard while charging
but you can, you just have a defective product

>and the lack of thought for left handed users is disrespectful
>flipping it over to left hand makes it look unappealing
>look unappealing
i paid a quarter of the price of an intuos large with comparable performance, i really don't give a shit
>>
>>3070621

you're a huge fucking liar shillster.

It doesn't work while charged, but it recognizes the pen.

All they need to do was design the panels sideways instead of favoring only the right side to make it more appealing for left handers, but they didn't. Because this tablet is trash.
>>
>tfw still using an intuos 3 wacom since 2009
>Still works, never found the need to upgrade it to newer, larger wacom models since it still performs well
>wacom still updates its drivers
>no driver problem
>no usb problem
>doesn't have to replace anything except the pen because i kept dropping it

Feels good man.
>>
>>3071341
Not him but what the hell are you talking about?

The only thing I can think of is how you have to have the wireless "turned on" or activated to charge the battery it uses for that, which is ass-backwards to be sure but doesn't affect operation in the slightest. However to address what it sounds like you're saying: you fucking can use the pen while it's plugged into your computer and charging, I've done it many times even though I've rarely needed to, because it takes like a half hour to fully charge and it works pretty much all day.
>>
>>3065436
Fyi, if you're on linux the drivers work flawlessly except for the buttons on the tablet. Some of the huion tabs have working buttons, some don't.
>>
>>3065712
The battery in mine stopped holding a charge but it most definitely works wired. Not that it matters, since it's at my desk 6 inches from a usb port anyway. The wireless dongle isn't plugged into my PC at all.
>>
not op, but are there any drawing tablets that let you draw with an overhand grip and treat your stylus like a proper pencil?
>>
>>3071595
The iPad Pro + Pencil. Wacom and similar pens' nib placement and spring do not lend themselves well to an overhand grip.
>>
>>3065120
Reminder that if you buy a bullshit tablet for ants like that one you're completely wasting your time and money and are probably going to regress in ability
>>
File: out.webm (1020KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
1020KB, 720x480px
>>3071341
fuck you, I can't believe I wasted my time on this shit
>>
this tablet spazzes out in photoshop for me, but on gnu/linux it works just fine
>>
>>3071688

You gave me a good chuckle. Your time was not wasted.
>>
>>3071620
Cheap =/= iPad pro.
>>
>>3071688
Nice case, I have the Define R5. Also have the same tablet.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.