[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here ever downsourced work? either officially (with the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nzpo1yB6WJ1qkak68o1_1280.jpg (642KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzpo1yB6WJ1qkak68o1_1280.jpg
642KB, 1200x1800px
anyone here ever downsourced work? either officially (with the client knowing that you're doing it) or secretly (with you pretending you did it and trusting the artist you hired to play along) ?

I'm getting way too much work recently and started considering doing this. Most of the gigs I get are pretty straight forward, not intricate illustrations rich in detail. Clients pay me well not because I do great art but because they've worked with me in the past and I deliver what they need and on time. Thinking back however, I'd have been able to do this kind of stuff easily, emulating another artists style, years ago when I was starting out. And I would have been more than willing to do the work for the amount that I am now considering paying an artist.

Tldr:
> good guy client wants to hire me (again) for simple job that is time consuming
> full of work already, but don't want to miss out (tight deadline)
> consider taking on the job and hiring a trusted rookie artist to do it, pay him 66%
> ???
> profit

anyone ever done this? It's about 2 days of work for 1k€.
>>
>>3065079
This practice is completely normal for a ""studio""

Dunno if you really care about this client, but i'll assume they are a good one so;

Dont let it backfire if client gets something noticeably shit quality vs. what they sold you shoulder the blame. Client might not give you the luxury to make up with revise, and just drop you, talk shit about you to colleagues, and you loose future recommends.

Is it worth it? You could be honest and say you will collaborate with a newer artist on the piece and ask for a safer deadline, see how it works out. Or just say no, no doesn't always mean your relationship is over.
>>
>>3065079
I've never done it, but I would be honest and say that you have hired someone under you to help out. It's not like you have to say what he is specifically doing either, because as long as the outcome is the same, no one will care.

Like >>3065244 said, studios do this often. Animation studios need people who can draw exactly on model, as you'll have multiple animators animating different scenes. I see this a lot with graphic designers as well. So there is no reason you can't hire someone too. You just need to make sure the quality is up to your standards.
>>
if 1000 euros are the 66% for 2 days, many people will be willing to collaborate (even me)
>>
It's just called ghosting. Every industry has it. You have ghost writers (for novels), ghost writers (for rappers), ghost seamstresses (big in cosplay- I actually used to do this), and yes, ghost artists are absolutely a thing. Hell, even hairstylists and lawyers outsource their work sometimes. You're not doing anything wrong in the legal sense, but if it's killing you on the inside, just say your assistant "helped" you out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.