[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend told me about /ic/ and I really thought this could be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: C1P_c7xXAAAR58R.jpg (110KB, 809x646px) Image search: [Google]
C1P_c7xXAAAR58R.jpg
110KB, 809x646px
A friend told me about /ic/ and I really thought this could be a nice place to get crit on my work and generally lern some valuable stuff, but most people on here just appear to be ignorant assholes, who just ate up some information that was spoonfed to them and now giv advise while not knowing shit about what they are talking about
>>
>>3064649
Shut the fuck up kid. You know what the real problem is? Everyone that's actually successful in this field has simply had a completely atypical experience. /ic/'s view of how to learn and what the industry is like may be skewed but when there's so much room for failure there's going to be negativity. So naturally you're going to get a lot of people who are jaded and shitty. Get the fuck over it or go somewhere else.
>>
>>3064649
>>3064655
It's funny that you proved OP's point for him.
This is a place filled with jaded and shitty crabs with no sense of community that doesn't police itself effectively.
>>
>>3064655
but what op said is true, ans you just made it worse
>>
>>3064649
>A friend told me about /ic/ and I really thought this could be a nice place to get crit on my work
>doesn't post work
>most likely got shit on and now just looking for excuses why ic is bad
>>
File: ic negative vibes sjw.png (230KB, 465x433px) Image search: [Google]
ic negative vibes sjw.png
230KB, 465x433px
>>3064665
when has a fucking 4chan board ever done that?

>>3064668
Again, if you don't like it, you can always fuck right off to tumblr.

>>3064683
was thinking that myself.
>>
>>3064649
The feedback I got was quite good overall. Way more helpful critiques than random "your shit" ones
>>
>>3064655
i've lurked 4chan for years and specifically stayed away from /ic/ because i thought it would be a brutal verbal and emotional beatdown of my artistic skill. but since having joined recently its actually one of the nicer and more helpful boards than any other i've experienced.

if the behavior on this board bothers you, then the problem lies with you. this community, in my experience, is harsh but really supportive.
>>
>>3064743
you only tend to get those (most of the time) if you're so bad that you're beyond help. I'm almost certain this happened to OP because I've been seeing a lot of posts in this tone today.
>>
>>3064749
Op here.
Actually haven't posted any of my artwork here on /ic/ yet. I've just been browsing it for a short while and saw a pattern of people giving questionable advise.
After browsing it some more I found some decent threads so not all hope is lost.
I'll give it some time and see if I like it on here.
>>
>>3064748
This. As long as you post your work in the right general and don't shit up the board with threads like these you'll generally have an okay time. Be discerning about the advice given to you but don't just toss it all out and don't pretend you're god's gift to art. There's value to be found here if you complain less and lurk moar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.