[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huion and Painting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Q11K-EN_03.png (202KB, 1424x838px) Image search: [Google]
Q11K-EN_03.png
202KB, 1424x838px
So I've been doing fine art and graphite drawing for a while but not so much as a hobby but rather for recreational purposes, it helps me with stress and calms me down when my mental health fumbles a bit.

Recently I've been wanting to start painting but the investments I'd need to make into brushes and paint and paper and canvas for anything from watercolor to oil is mind boggling.
So I decided to go digital instead.

Here's the deal, after doing some price checking and all the fancy techno mumbo jumbo comparisons I've come to realize that Huion seems to be the optimal variant for a beginner.

However after further investigation I'm not sure if I want to invest in wacom for way lower specs and way higher price but with a guarantee that it will work or in Huion with no guarantee of anything but with the specs of wacom's magnum opus for 1% the price.
If you can recommend a model you like best then that's a good deal in my book.

Another thing I was looking for is what would be closes to emulate the feel of traditional painting and it seems to be corel Painter but that seems to be quite professional so if anyone knows of a cheaper or more beginner friendly soft then that would nice to know.

Also I'm pretty old and tech illiterate so don't bother telling me what all those fancy numbers on the tablets mean, I'm fine with just something like "it draws nicer" or something, now that's what I can understand.
>>
>>3064409
Forgot to say I only have a crappy old laptop in terms of technology to use it with but my screen is 1920x1080.
It's not that it's super slow but it's kind of slow, I don't know if that matters.
>>
i think the biggest question facing you is
A) what size
B)with screen or without

with a smaller size you wont have the freedom of utilizing your entire arm aka drawing from the shoulder. a graphics tablet with screen feels alot mroe natural since youre directly drawing on top of the screen. as for brand, off brand tablets have come so close to performance with wacom products that the difference doesnt really matter. whatever tool you pick youll be able to make beautiful things.
>>
>>3064466
I think screen tablets are out of my price range from what I've seen, I doubt I can go over 100 dollars on this, maybe a bit more but that is the limit I have to write off for myself which is why it seems like huion would be the way to go.

Size wise I didn't know it mattered but now I see what you mean about drawing from the shoulder, that seems to make a lot of sense.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.