[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art Competition. Part 1

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Ok Wanna start a new tradition up in /ic/. Been seeing a lot of people without motivation or ideas. I will start us off and will probably spearhead this campaign for a few months as well. As well all know art competitions are fun but usually we like to discredit ourselves and our ability, but starting today we will start trying to increase the prosperity and mental wealth of our board. We will start entering competitions and seeing if we can win ourselves some prizes. This first one will be a real challenge. This competition is part of a small gaming community with a new cards system similar to magic the gathering. There will be 2 runner up prizes and the grand prize is top of the line graphics card. Here is the good part, very few people have posted stuff and much less is actually any good. That means the chances for a 4chan winner is like 70/30. However the thing I left out is you guys have less the 24 hours to complete and submit your work. Get crackin'

Here is a link to the rules. https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/the-agoran-art-trial

I will be here to answer questions and assist if needed. If you have any ideas for the next competition we should enter feel free to post it and I'll begin a list
>>
To summarise the rules for eager beavers it needs to be sent by July 17 at 11:59 EDT to be eligible. A verticle format, no bordering as they will do that. should be heavy in green, or brown or similar colors. The name of the card is Growing Strength and theme should be leaning towards nature or mysticism. It is a postive card so you shouldn't draw loomis crying or shad struggling with groceries. Good lucl
>>
so what happens if noah bradley, ruan jia, christopher molback see this? what chnace do i have.

ok anon. you have my full attention. im a pathetic pleb,but i might impress you. wish me luck OP.
>>
sounds like a cuck run, but i'll do it.
>>
>>3062948
I wish you so much luck, I'll run out and get hit by a truck leaving my house tomorrow. It will be tragic
>>
I looked up the twitter hash, lol. It's funny a game notorious for visuals has an audience that has the imagination of a handicapped blind child. Now I stand a chance
>>
>>3062935
5h left??
>>
File: 1464295811310.gif (1MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
1464295811310.gif
1MB, 300x166px
>>3062935
>implying anyone on /ic/ could win
>>
>>3063002
Oh silly child, 11 pm is when mommy says go to sleep not lunch time, thats 11 am
>>
This would have been amazing if it didnt end the day it begun. A consistent art competition for different levels is something thats needed for the art community.
>>
>top prize is a fucking graphics card

is there no money in this?
>>
>>3063505
no. this is where you're fuckin wrong pal.

these competitions have short deadlines for a reason.

this is for intermediate and pro's, leave it to the wiz kids anon.
>>
It started on the 11th, why are you only posting it now? (I just got chewed out when I reposted this to my art school's jobs/opportunities facebook group)
>>
>>3063554

artist with a short deadline produces better higher quality work. it withers out the amateurs who would typically spend a week on some polished turd.
>>
>>3063518
It is not a competition for an art community its a competition for a small gameing community, we are just infiltrating it. You enter at no expense and if you win you get things you can sell and buy whatever you want. Have you never won anything in your life? How sad
>>
>>3063554
lol, how 'bout you don't do that kid. This is supposed something fun for us not things that make you look cool infront of your middle school. I posted this on the last day because I forgot about it and only did the research into the entered things last night. Next time I will post the competition when it starts.
>>
>>3063537
>>3063505
It started on the 13th, I just forgot about it until today. Hopefully we can at least enter what we have, we have a lot of really talented artists here and a lot of the community for the game have been posting really shitty work.
>>
>>3063600
I like the idea of an /ic/ art contest but this isn't that this is just hijacking some random shit no one is interested in.
>>3063563
most all card art is polished turds, you'd be naive to think anything else would win.
>>
>>3063563
>amateurs
>spending a week on something
lel

>>3063600
>posts a competition
>fears competition from college students
top kek
>>
>>3063605
/ic is not a community. it's just a bunch of shit posting bs.
>>
File: growth.png (621KB, 642x1024px) Image search: [Google]
growth.png
621KB, 642x1024px
I just did this in like an hour and sent it to them, not sure if I'm too late. It's definitely not up to the standard of quality of the other cards and would stand out like a sore thumb if it won, but whatev, got me drawing.
>>
>>3063750
did u even read the description?
>>
>>3063765
ye
>>
>>3063769
it's supposed to be forest,nature related. not some slimy godzilla creature.
>>
>>3062935
Thanks OP, I was thinking of starting a thread for the same thing a few weeks back, like a competitions general where we share lesser known comps; God knows we need em.
Here's another but it ends pretty soon too
http://www.clipstudio.net/promotion/en/summerlesson/
>>
>>3063771
You know how much thought I put into it? I read this post, I got a random image in my head of a green creature roaring as if it was getting bigger and did it in like an hour. Meant to make it look like it was covered in vines and shit, not slimy, but I guess I failed, next time.
>>
>>3063750
NEVER
E
V
E
R

GONNA make it
>>
>>3062935
>>>3063750
>NEVER
>E
>V
>E
>R
>
>GONNA make it

Post your 1 hour work...
>>
did they post this thread just to get people to download Paragon?

i hope this isn't another cuck scam. if it is I got cuck'd soo hard.
>>
Anyone got any more art competitions? Preferably one that doesn't end in a day.
>>
>>3066115
Nah I pozted this because I wasn't able to draw this week and would've been dissapointed if some really ugly work won, Some dude posted actual MTG tier level work so I am happy hope someone here gets runner up though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.