[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kim Jung Gi

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
How does he do it?
What do you guys think about him?
>>
>>3062746
>How does he do it?
>asian
>>
by thinking about boxes
he's awesome.
>>
By not being a stupid American
>>
>>3062746
Unbelievable amount of practice and photographic visual memory.
>>
>>3062762
>by thinking about boxes
Wrong, he basically knows perfect structure and anatomy of everything he draws.
Pretty sure he has autismo powers.
>>
I honestly think he's a bit of a savant
>>
>>3062937
this
>>
File: 1500185530817.jpg (107KB, 355x564px) Image search: [Google]
1500185530817.jpg
107KB, 355x564px
25 hours a day or NGMI
>>
>>3062746
>How does he do it?
Loomis
>>
>>3062994
>pretty sure he has autismo powers
Agree
>>
>>3063021
This. I may get some hate but I don't understand why Kim is so universally praised. His work is charming sure but it is basically just applying loomis' method to everything and then skipping a few steps here and there. He's a great artist don't get me wrong but he pales in comparison to the likes of someone like Moebius, Glen Keane or Frank Frazetta. he's Jim lee tier at best.
>>
>>3063035
>I don't understand why Kim is so universally praised
speed and precision
He can decorate Louvre in a few hours with so much shit with no reference and just 1 pen.

He's really impressive because he can do everything on the spot.
>>
File: 1.jpg (87KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87KB, 408x408px
>>3063035

>basically just applying loomis' method to everything

>>>>The Loomis Method

They are called ''Fundamentals'' newfag.
>>
>>3063048
He's the One Brush Man
>>
>>3063100
Pretty much this
>>
>>3063035
Moebius sucks ass. I never understood why so many artists idolize him.
>>
>>3063005
he's not. he's a normal dude, no autism or anything, just very skilled.
>>
>>3062746
100 boxes a day
100 perspective exercises a day
100 figures a day
10h of drawing a day
do it until your hair starts to fall out, and then you will become one pen man
>>
>>3063035
>but I don't understand why Kim is so universally praised
That is because you suck at drawing
>>
>>3062746
Obviously draws an insane amount. Draws all kinds of stuff, not just dick girls. Resulting in a huge visual library.

He knows the fundamentals of creating the illusion. In the same way you know the fundamentals of writing to write your shitposts on /ic/.

In writing, you cannot write words that you do not know. In drawing you cannot draw things you do not know.
He knows how to draw, which is the important part. Then he knows what things look like and in that way he can draw them very quickly.
You know how to write and you know a lot of words. Allowing you to write sentences very quickly.

When you hear "practice the fundamentals". It's not "muh anatomy" or whatever.
You have to practice the way to structure things so that it creates the illusion of 3D that people will recognize.

When you open up your favorite anatomy book to copy whatever is in there and it ends up looking like shit. It's not because you cannot draw anatomy, it's because you cannot draw at all.
>>
>>3063321
I like to see my idea of drawing being the same as writing started to catch on, I think I saw it mentioned briefly in another thread this days too

hopefully, as I learn to draw myself, I'll be able to make learning to draw easier by putting together a
drawing dictionary. The other 2 parts, the alphabet (shapes) and grammar (perspective) are learned faster if you have a dictionary to build upon.

just like when learning to write you already know the language, and you only need to learn the alphabet (each symbol to what sound it correlates) and the grammar (correct order and form of words) the same is in the drawing, minus the fact that we don't know the ''language'' of drawing

that's because knowing a language, is knowing to reproduce words, and we learn to do that since we start trying to speak. But our brain never learns to reproduce shapes, just to recognize them. And there is a big difference between being able to draw a square, and being able to only recognize a square

you want to learn to draw?
>train your shape reproductions skills
just as often you speak (train your sound reproduction skills)
>try to remember shapes and to what they correlate
in the same way you learn certain order of sounds and what they mean

after doing that for years, the same as it takes to learn a language, you should be able to know the dictionary and the alphabet. next is
>the grammar, which is basically perspective, or how kjg puts it, putting everything in boxes.
He himself said his drawing started to improve after starting to put everything into boxes. But that was already after years of drawing (reproducing shapes). And this part comes the last.

You can't expect to learn the grammar of a language before you even learned some of it's most common words. Starting with boxes as a beginner won't do you any good. Focus on shape reproduction.
>>
>>3062746
Photographic memory?
>>
>>3063516
Not really, just good memory and repetition/practice
>>
He literally tells you though, Draw a box. He uses that technique, coupled with his incredible visual library that he got after years and years of drawing things and breaking down everyday objects into simple geometric shapes, so it becomes even easier to remember.
>>
>>3063321

>You have to practice the way to structure things so that it creates the illusion of 3D that people will recognize.
A.K.A Perspective.
>>
>>3062746
I admire the fuck out of him. I don't have the discipline to get good with anatomy, and listen to what he says.
At least yet. I'm not pursuing art as a career, so.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.