[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SquiDab

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: SduiDab.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SduiDab.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
How come using oil paint is so damn difficult compared to acrylic... I imagine using white spirit is different to linseed oil, etc- but can anyone offer any tips please?

Do any of you livestream your art or time lapse it to YouTube? What kind of tags have you found are effective. I have found it is worth putting other big art YouTube channel names in your tags, just because you then get put in the suggested videos of their viewers.

Anyways, enjoy this absolute shitpost of a creature I created last night in a livestream :)
>>
>>3062566
Interesting, thank you for the knowledge. Do you know if thickening the paint will help it to dry quicker too? Using no oil (just straight paint) so far has meant my paintings are seemingly never going to dry (it's been over a year for one of them and it's still as wet as the day I did it!) :D
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 480x640px
>>3062593
>Using no oil (just straight paint) so far has meant my paintings are seemingly never going to dry (it's been over a year for one of them and it's still as wet as the day I did it!
Huh, that is strange... It may be a quirk which comes from using Daler-Rowney paints? Oil paint should dry within 3-7 days at maximum.

Thickening the paint with oil will make the drying process longer. Thinning paint with the use of mineral spirits or turpentine will dry your picture sooner, but you don't want to use too much of it.
>>
>>3062598
That's a really pretty image, very vibrant colours!
I may use a different brand next time, if that's the case. Mostly I've been experimenting with how much white spirit to use- using very little and lots of paint seems to make for more vibrant painting but takes forever to dry. I went overboard with it last night so hopefully this one may dry faster :) Thank you!
>>
>>3062603
Oh thank you, the image is definitely founded on R-B-Y colours to a heavy extent. I've had no problems with turpentine so I've never tried spirits before, are you able to clean your brushes with it as well?
>>
>>3062608
Yes the white spirit cleans brushes very nicely, it's just like using water!
>>
>>3062548
Where do you stream?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.