[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Canadians know anything about Syn Studio? How the quality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Any Canadians know anything about Syn Studio? How the quality of their work and teachings, especially curious about their concept design diploma. From the handful of alumni work I've seen it's really nothing impressive so I'm doubtful.
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>3062102
>Went to Syn Studio.
>Fucked around wasted money.
>Graduated top of class.
>Now unemployed.
>Go on 4chan. Drink anti-art school meme Kool-Aid.
>Use CGMA, Gnomon, Robot Pencil, SmarterArtSchool, Schoolism.
>Spend thousands of dollars
>5yrs.
>No job, Lots of debt, art sucks,
>Suck dick for living. Give lots of buttSecks.
>Pay off debt with sex money.
>Apply to ArtCenter.
>Accepted!!
>Work Hard for 4 years.
>Immediately get job in industry after graduation. Makes $100k/yr.
>Go on 4chan to tell ppl great news.
>Get lots HATE. /ic/ turds still shitt anti-college/ anti-Art school Meme.
>Laughs
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
>>
>>3062102
>>3062176
Moral of story...
Go to real art school Anon ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
>>
>>3062102
I refuse to figure draw with them due to their shitty fbook page
>>
>>3062760
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>3062102
I'm also considering it. It's in quebec
>>
>>3062176
>$100k/yr
post tax papers or gtfo
>>
>>3063316
I've been comparing it to a couple of schools in the US and the schools in the US have between 2-3 classes per term for 18 months, whereas Syn's diploma program has 4-5 classes. But like I said, what really has me doubtful is the quality of their work.

I haven't been able to find any alumni of theirs to write to. Also, a lot of their alumni work on their site relies heavily on photobashing. I emailed them about it but as expected they only told me it's a tool but it's not something that is expected or anything. It's up to the students, but I still feel like they might teach that or work with it a whole lot.
>>
Qc meet up when? 1v1 gesture battle berri uqam?
>>
>>3063376
photobashing could actually be useful, why not learn it?

>>3063551
jte pop
>>
>>3063741
I know photobashing it's useful, It's just a tool in the end and I have no problem learning it, but I felt like their alumni work relied too heavily on it, felt excessive. To me photobashing is a tool to meet deadlines, it serves as a crutch to get the job done but I personally wouldn't want to rely on it too much. It can be used in a less jarring way to help your drawings 'pop' or some shit, but that's not the case I got from their work.

https://synstudio.ca/student-showcase/

See for yourself, they images might take a second to load. Some of them don't even feel like drawings or painting, just a photo composite.
>>
>>3063780
yea I guess if the school focuses on photobashing you don't really need it. I could need some help with photobashing tho. Maybe they have nice techniques
>>
>>3063741
Kiss me faggot. Time and place ill fuck you up. If youre stronger ill blow all the ink in my nose and take my escape.
>>
>>3062176
Why are you coming here telling obvious lies?
>>
>>3062102
I'm interested too it's look much less hardcore than FZD and it give you a diploma (which I need to work in the US). But the studen artwork showed look to contrasty, there is like really good stuff and really bad stuffs..
>>
>>3064408
You don't need a diploma in the US if you're going to be in the art field, unless you plan on teaching at a university.
>>
>>3064506
Yeah but I'm not from here, I need a visa if I want to work in US. And it's verry difficult to obtain a visa if you don't have any degree.
>>
what should be your level if you want to go in that school?
>>
>>3064515
I'm not from the US either but I hadn't heard of that, I kinda doubt it's as difficult as you put it though.

>>3064577
Depends, there's a program where you can be a complete beginner, the concept art diploma probably requires some basic knowledge of the fundamentals.
>>
>>3064614
Sorry to broke your dreams (mine were too when I learned that) but in the US it's quite difficult to get a visa compared to other country. You need either a degree or to be a bit famous (artist who work in the industry valid your work, some of your art published in famous websites or magazines..) to get a visa (plus a studio that want you ofc).
That why I'm considering either syn studio because it's easy diploma or FZD because it's a great school but I'm scared that I am not strong enough psychologically to do this one.
The goods schools in US are either too expensive (100k/year,k bye) or don't have diploma.
>>
>>3064933
Nah I really doubt it's as difficult as you put it. And getting a diploma means shit, the schools I've looked at are both in Los Angeles, my only worry is choosing the right place, second the money. If you have the kind of money to pay FZD then you're for sure from a good background, getting a VISA shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>3065159
fzd is in fucking singapour. How do /ic/ betas do to go there???
>>
>>3065179
What do you mean? Just get out of your comfort zone.
>>
File: 1499872439854.jpg (87KB, 304x437px) Image search: [Google]
1499872439854.jpg
87KB, 304x437px
>>3065556
It's risky and costs a shit ton of money. It's more than just "getting out of our comfort zone"
>>
>>3066236
It's risky as shit for the expense if you don't have that kind of money but as for school quality It's most likely the best english speaking concept art school in the world.
>>
>>3066236
these loomis memes are killing me stahp
>>
>>3064107
They told me they don't really focus on photobashing and that's it's just a tool they teach, that's it's up to the students to do their thing but when you see their works it's hard not to believe how heavy they teach it.
>>
>>3062176
The fuck is ArtCenter?
>>
>>3062102
Does anyone know any good schools to learn 2D animation in Montreal? I'm considering the 2D program at Vieux Montreal (but I'm suspended from the place), but I'd like to know if there are more options.
>>
>>3066236
Get out of your comfort zone of being poor, obviously.

If I had the money, I'd invest it in something better and wouldn't need a school anymore anyway.
>>
>>3068321
Like the best school in the world ?
It's really difficult to enter, you must be already quite good and it cost like 100k/year for 3.

>>3068350
Like what ? What is better than education ? What is better than investing so you can have later a salary of 70k a year ?
>>
File: 1453728540134.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1453728540134.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>3069755
a fat sum of money and no need to slave for it endlessly.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.