[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hotkeys

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: Xbox-360-Gamepad.jpg (71KB, 997x393px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-360-Gamepad.jpg
71KB, 997x393px
There was an anon who says that he use a gamepad for hotkeys while drawing digitaly. Can anybody show me how its work? I mean one hand holding pen and the other one holds something that actually designed for 2 hand use.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
has it never occurred to you that they've made one handed versiions.
plus the one in your pic isnt even meant for two hands
>>
I have the one on the right, but use it for gaming. I would assume Anon is using it for keyboard shortcuts since it's programmable. If you're working on a Cintiq-like device or tablet with no shortcut sidebars, it can see it being handy.
>>
File: IMAG0387.jpg (1003KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0387.jpg
1003KB, 3264x1836px
>>3061957
just get a small keyboard
>>
I have a keyboard with macro keys, I've got keys bound to new layer, merge layer down, enlarge/size down brush, and go up/down layers.

90% of the time I just use the first two.
>>
>>3061993
>this

honestly the best way. Its a mess using all kinds of different assigned hotkeys and across diferrent programs.

If you use photoshop, just edit the normal hotkeys, use actions for multiple step things and autohotkey for the non programmable stuff, all with a normal keyboard.
>>
>>3061957
If you have a cintiq you can get a keyboard tray and put a keyboard on it.
>>
Don't fucking use a keyboard period, you can have all the hotkeys you need on a g13 and not need a keyboard at all. It's much more ergonomic and it isn't difficult to set it between multiple programs. Assuming you use like two programs.
>>
File: 2017-07-16 20_23_25.jpg (52KB, 603x484px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-16 20_23_25.jpg
52KB, 603x484px
I cannot live without mine now.

I mean try to cltr+shit+alt+N without looking at the keyboard and using only one hand.
Having to move your eyes out of the screen to kind the hotkeys breaks the flow.

Not only that, I can change keyboard with a button so I have one for lineart tools, one for painting, etc.
>>
>>3061957
use a keyboard, so when you finally land that hypothetical studio job you don't show up lookin like a fuckin mong yugioh character.
>>
File: ducky pocket.png (872KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ducky pocket.png
872KB, 1000x750px
I use this thing called a Ducky Pocket. It's really nice because it has 2 layers of complete programmability.

I can navigate and do anything I could possibly dream of in SAI without touching my mouse or keyboard.

I hold it under my desk on my leg so I don't even need to look at it. It's just muscle memory now. I almost want to buy a second on in case they become hard to find in the future I love it so much.
>>
>>3061957
I remember seeing a thread a while ago where some dude used a Nintendo Switch joy-con for hotkeys.
>>
>>3062660
LOOOL
>>
File: 2017-07-16 22_09_54.jpg (90KB, 1293x841px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-16 22_09_54.jpg
90KB, 1293x841px
>>3062660
Good enough for FZD, good enough for me ;)
>>
>>3061957
The application is called JoytoKey
it allows for controllers to act as key and I thibk mouse as well.
>>
File: fundies.png (128KB, 1016x885px) Image search: [Google]
fundies.png
128KB, 1016x885px
>>3061957
>mean one hand holding pen and the other one holds something that actually designed for 2 hand use.
>set all hotkeys to CTRL+ALT+<key>
>map that combination to a single button on your video game controller(using a special program)
It's really simple. If you're right handed, hold the controller's right grip with your left hand.
>pic related
>>
>>3062766
>Triangle = CTRL ALT X
>Square = CTRL ALT O
So do you press CTRL + ALT + X/O on the gamepad?
>>
I've actually seen someone use a Switch joycon with their tablet.
>>
>>3061993
>>3062080
>>3062088
They're not ergonomic depending on your tablet setup. If you have a large tablet or a cintiq, having a G13 or Razer Tartarus/Orbweaver is much easer on the wrists over a longer period of time, since they were designed to be positioned to the left of the keyboard in the first place.
>>
File: ContourDesignShuttleProv2-2-p.jpg (94KB, 720x500px) Image search: [Google]
ContourDesignShuttleProv2-2-p.jpg
94KB, 720x500px
not a gamepad but I use one of these with my cintiq 13" since it doesn't have the rotary wheel I was used to on my intuos
>>
Ctrl+Z and B is all I need
>>
>>3062984
What exactly do you use?
I just transferred from intuos to cintiq 13 myself and really miss the wheel.
>>
>>3062998
It's called ShuttlePro by Contour Design. I use the middle wheel in lieu of the intuos wheel for changing brush size, that's the main reason I bought it, but I use the buttons for PS shortcuts

B - brush
S - clone
J - patch tool
shift+J - cycle patch tool/healing brush/etc
space - pan
cmd+space (zoom)
I - eyedropper
X - switch background/foreground color

I work as a retoucher so the keybinds are mostly for that, not painting. But I feel it has improved my workflow for both retouch and digital painting
>>
>>3062613
>G13

got a real badass here, look a them fucking macros
>>
>>3062841
youll need it anyway when you need to type something, plus you dont have to switch around everytime you just wanna use the computer normally. I think its the best way. Just remember that if you lose your pad or you have to work at a workstation, all those shortcuts and tips in your head will be lost, but have at it if you really think it benefits you.
>>
>>3062664
I just use a CHEAP AS FUCK WIRELESS numberpad on amazon. Coupled together with "HIDMacros" (free software) you can program 2 layers of functionality to it for <10$

and its fucking wireless
>>
>>3063111
A few things I use it for; photoshop actions (binded to F3 key for example)- flip canvas horiazontally, copy all merged and paste, free transform, merge layer, new layer, invert, deselect, hue/saturation, brush sizes, loadsa shit
>>
>>3061993
Enjoy having to look away from your drawing every time you want to change a tool or perform an action that your hand isn't already on.

>>3062613
>I mean try to cltr+shit+alt+N without looking at the keyboard and using only one hand.
>Having to move your eyes out of the screen to kind the hotkeys breaks the flow.

Basically this.
>>
>>3063204
you don't know where your keys are? you touch type?
>>
File: asci grip.png (811KB, 1432x500px) Image search: [Google]
asci grip.png
811KB, 1432x500px
>>3061957
I do use a joystick.
so I use Joy2key to map buttons as keys or commands.
pretty easy.

Use a PS1 ascii Grip. very comfy.
>>
>>3063111
using the same method as this anon but my number pad is wired: https://www.amazon.com/Numeric-Jelly-Comb-Portable-Computer/dp/B01E8TTWZ2

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-powerful-programmable-keypad-for-less-tha/

>>3063676
that's a nice controller grip anon, i should take a look online for these too
>>
>>3063676
>blows thru straw to enlarge canvas

only ic would go out of its way to look like a handicapped person using a computer just to feel like they have some kind advantage drawing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.