[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D/ic/k's (((education))) thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: carter_goodrich_3.jpg (44KB, 237x320px) Image search: [Google]
carter_goodrich_3.jpg
44KB, 237x320px
So, I've been wanting to make a thread about schools and put them all on a link so people can see aprox costs of attendance and maybe a star system
But I want your opinion too, let's do it for the keks
Because the thing is. Most people only know really pricy schools, and there are places that are better cost wise, of course you can learn from home but this doesn't have to do with that.

The schools I know aren't that cheap so let's try to find alternatives to these! Maybe do a section for online schools. What do you think?

Fheng Zhu Design / 1 year / 100,000$ / singapore
Art center / 4-5years / aprox 70.000$ per year / CA USA
Idea Academy / 2-3 years / aprox 90.000$ / Rome

Some other programs are
Brainstorm school
Smart school (online)
Watt's Atelier
Schoolism (online)
CGMA (online)
NMA (online)
Syn studio
Angel Academy -Atelier-
Bethany School of applied arts (online)
Ringling
Gnomon
Gobelins

Maybe we should have a section for school's that are better for animation or concept art or illhstration
If you've been on one of these you can also leave your experience/opinion as a review.
>>
this is the most comprehensive list of Ateliers I have found. They actually have to pay to be on the list so I'm sure there are many more not on it.

https://www.artrenewal.org/pages/ateliers.php
>>
actually, now that I look at it the list has gotten much shorter recently. The safehouse and schuler school are two good ateliers I know that aren't on it. There's like a million ateliers in California.
>>
>>3061766
art school are a scam, you can get the same results with dedication and patience
If you need someone to motivate you to learn how to draw then maybe you shouldn't draw, it's not something that should be made against own motivation, at the risk of making you hate it
>>
>>3061807
If you could choose between studying for a year at home or go to fzd. What would you choose?

I'm really tired of that mentality "ugh... just learn from home, schools a scam bro" well, of course you can learn from home. Nobody said you can't but anon, there is people who would like to go to school because they don't enjoy the neet life, and they work and have money to pay.

Besides, if you aren't going to contribute why even bother replying? Go be a neet somewhere else. Again, there's nothing wrong with studying from home.

Even Sergey Kolesov said that in an interview when he was asked what he tought about school
"If you could go, why on earth wouldn't you go?"

So wow man, people have different opinions oh, surprise surprise
>>
>>3061807
>tfw to smart for art school
>>
>>3061766

W-what? 100,000$ for a fucking 1 year COURSE!?

That is fucking nuts dude

My Bachelor's degree cost 1/10th of that
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.