[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth shedding money for a Wacom Tablet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1642.jpg (164KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1642.jpg
164KB, 1400x875px
I'm not sure if I should post this on /gd/ or here, but I'm looking to buy a Cintiq 13HD with Touch capabilities. As of right now, it's the closest thing to the iPad (only with added pressure sensitivity and compatibility with tools such as SAI and FireAlpaca) that I see fit, but is it really worth it? If not, what other small drawing tablets would you recommend?
Here's some of my must haves when it comes to tablets:
- Must have a screen built in
- Works with Windows 8 and/or 10
- Works with Paint Tool SAI, FireAlpaca, MediBang Pro, and GIMP
- Touch/Pinch and zoom capabilities
>>
>>3060566
huion
>>
File: 1498829261.sunibee_siyu_colorv2.jpg (131KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498829261.sunibee_siyu_colorv2.jpg
131KB, 960x1280px
Years ago, i've made the big mistake of spending a lot of money by buying a cintiq 21ux to start learning digital art when artists like pic related just works with a wacom bamboo and that's all what they really need.

It doesn't matter how fancy or simple a tablet is, they all do the same work and paying a lot for a cintiq is not really worth. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>3060578
Tbh it looks pretty shit

>It doesn't matter how fancy or simple a tablet is, they all do the same work
Except not

it's all about convenience and saving time

by your logic just use a mouse
it does the exact same fucking thing eh

Sure you can do digital art on a bamboo if you spend a few hours refining it, or you can just do it in a few minutes with cintiq and NOT have carpal tunnel

but that's just like my opinion
>>
>>3060585
What you really need nowadays is just a tablet with pressure sensitivity and that's all. That's why i decided to sell my cintiq and just use a large intuos.
>>
>>3060590
>large intuos
that's the big thing you're missing
size matters

always buy large pentabs
never buy small ones

arthritis isn't funny
>>
Not worth it to most people compared to alternatives, touch is inferior to keyboard and is not needed.

The new alternative hardware coming out is a fraction of the price of a cintiq and comparable quality.

Check out the KAMVAS GT-191 , 450 bucks and comparable to cintiqs minus a few features that are not needed. It won't be as good as the new 4k cintiqs coming out in 2018 for 2 grand plus, but will be good enough compared to current models.

2 years ago I'd say wacom is irreplaceable and it's not worth getting Chinese knock offs. Now they are getting much better in terms of quality and are basically cintiqs without unneeded features that drive prices up.
>>
No. Just get an ipad pro and procreate if you’re looking for something close to an ipad. It’s cheaper than the wacom.
>>
>>3060566
nobody is gonna care about your art if you don't have one.
>>
You can get one of the older cintiqs for the same price range as the 13HD. Many studios still use the 21UX models.
>>
>>3060578

From the thumbnail her expression looks more terse and I think it works a lot better than her actual expression
>>
>>3060566
No because a cintiq 13hd is not a fucking computer so no it doesn't work with windows 8, windows 10 or any other OS because it's a monitor.
>>
>>3060578
are you saying suni is good? lmao
>>
>>3061228
They're talking about the drivers you motherfucking retard.
>>
>>3060585
Which cintiq model do you recommend?
>>
>>3061238
then that's the stupidest shit I've ever seen. It didn't come out in 2004 senpai in what world WOULDNT it work with these?
>>
>>3060566
Is the 13HD even worth getting? It's getting pretty old so I'm think they might put out a new model making this one cheaper and giving you a better option. On word on this?
>>
>>3061247
There's already a new model out.
>>
>>3061250
The touch? Isn't that just a different variation?
>>
>>3060566
13HD is shite, Cintiq screens have a parallaxing problem meaning you lose a lot of accuracy and the small tablets don't have a proper stand mount or anything so your options for set-up are limited and awkward. You're going to want the biggest one you can reasonably afford to get around it.
>>
>>3061253
No, Cintiq Pro 13. 1k USD versus 800 USD for the 13HD.
>>
>>3061257
Is there any real differences or is it like what apple does with their tech most of the time?
>>
>>3060578

He just didn't like how the cintiq felt when drawing on it.
>>
>>3060566
I want the iPad pro but I have a pc, sorry if it's a dumb question but how would transfer files or start on my ipad and finish up on Windows?
>>
Since there is no other thread thought this might be a good spot.

(Pic related is not mine, just a comfy tablet picture)

I have a intuos 3 Large, and an intous pro small (latest edition) the problem is that the large is too big for my desk and lacks all the fancy new features, while the small is too small in relation to my 27" monitor. (I also can't get pressure sensitivity working in SAI, or Krita on my desktop but works fine in photoshop.)

The biggest thing is that I can draw MUCH better lines with pen/paper but I am not sure if it is the tablet to screen ratio that is fucking me up or what.

Should I just sell both and use the combined money to get the medium? There is someone selling the intous pro large for 170, while the cheapest medium I have found is 400. (driving distance)

I just want to draw cute girls! halp!
>>
>>3061497
>intuos pro L for 170
never
ever
ever
EVER
buy tablets second hand, only store brand new
if someone is selling a tablet there's clearly something wrong with it and instead of 2 years of warranty to return it you get none and are stuck with a broken tablet and a net loss of the money you paid for it forever
>>
>>3061538
Well I did actually buy my intuos pro small from ebay... maybe that is why it is so fidgety. :/
>>
>>3061236
Post your work
>>
>>3061567
Don't need to. The fact that you think that non-matching hands, boneless necks and disjointed ears look 'good' tells me a lot about you. Same deal with jmgn, it's pretty dishonest to think they're good study subjects.
>>
File: 1489425524001.jpg (85KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489425524001.jpg
85KB, 920x960px
Just bought a Wacom Cintiq 24HD DTK-2400 for 700 bucks. r8
>>
>>3061602
Is the 27qhd too big?
>>
>>3061582
Thought so, you little shit. Take your Dunning-Kruger effect elsewhere.
>>
>>3061609
Sure thing nosebro, keep beating your limp dick to faggots that make turds look shiny. Just neck yourself already.
>>
>>3061615
Still waiting on that work
>>
>>3061604
No but too expensive.
>>
>>3060566
I came from some shitty trust one to graphite 4 to intuos 4 L and now the one you're looking at, wo touch.
Touch is a meme, waste of time.
Intuos L had way more buttons and a real touch ring which was really useful, I got around it with some clever bindings.

>>3060578
this.
If you're starting out just get a bamboo, don't be a dumb ass fag.
>>
>>3060585
>NOT have carpal tunnel
I got carpal tunnel from cintiq.
>>
Go for the iPad m8
>>
>>3061616
Wasting your time m8, get back to drawing if you even do it, that is
>>
>>3061671
I never said you should start with something cheap. Anything is alright if your budget lets you have whatever you want.
>>
Do anyone knows if the ipad is alright to replace paper for practicing gestures?
>>
>>3060585
Mullins did draw with just a mouse for a decade
>>
>>3063761
Why would you fucking do that? why

Just practice on paper
>>
>>3061493
>Buy Procreate for like less than 15 bux
>Draw pic
>export as psd
>put on dropbox
>download on pc
>finish in photoshop or other program that opens psds
Can work in reverse too.
>>3063761
It works for all kinda of drawing but don’t fall into the meme of thinking tablets improve your skill. Only get it if it will be useful. Harder to shove a ten inch ipad into your pocket for impromptu sketches.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.