[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

be honest, is it actually possible to have good lines with a tablet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: lines.jpg (181KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
lines.jpg
181KB, 1000x709px
be honest, is it actually possible to have good lines with a tablet?
>>
>>3059439
Use stabilizer. Ask in the question thread next time, this wasn't worth a thread.
>>
>is it possible
It's even easier than traditional, retard
>>
>>3059440
>cheating
>>
>>3059442
It's not cheating. If you have tools available that will make working easier there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them. It's not like he'd be tracing or something.
>>
>>3059444
it limits your accuracy
>>
File: tumblr_o72zwfvFpL1sqh0kno1_1280.gif (519KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o72zwfvFpL1sqh0kno1_1280.gif
519KB, 1000x563px
>>3059439
Yes, of course, what kind of stupid question is this?
>>
Sorry about the Parkinson's
>>
>>3059442
>cheating
"wow what smooth lines on this artwork, looks real nice"
"AUDIBLE GASP, the artist used a stabilizer? Well, upon closer inspection, these lines are actually SHIT."
>>
>>3059472
to be fair, stabilizer lines actually DO look kinda shit quite often. If your lines are too smooth and slick, they can look very artificial and void of any character.
>>
>people are so bad that they can't even do straight lines
>>
>>3059439
Yes.
Do the first lesson of drawabox digitally, no ctrl+z-ing and you'll learn eventually
>>
>>3059442

digital art is already cheating.

Also all traditional tools except rocks and cave walls are also cheating.
>>
>>3059516
durr da ironic shitpost xddd lol so clever
>>
>>3059523

I'm just showing you how fucking dumb you sound.
>>
>>3059525
not him retard, I'm just showing you how dumb you sound
>>
>>3059528

By facetiously acting like a retard, IE the exact same thing I did?
>>
>>3059529
you get it yet brainlet?
>>
File: cheating.jpg (135KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
cheating.jpg
135KB, 650x432px
>>3059442
>cheating

Thanks for your input.
>>
>>3059530

so were you ironically shitposting to make a statement against ironic shitposting, because it triggered you?

There's irony but I'm not sure you get it, yourself.
>>
>>3059439
I think you need a decent computer, I get awful linework on my laptop no matter what, stabilizer or not.
>>
>>3059439
Not if all you use is MS Paint
>>
>>3059531
There are similar features in drawing software, they're called guidelines and vector tools. But stabilizers can actually fuck with your ability to draw
>>
I use a 27" monitor with a tiny wacom bamboo, I also have permanent tremors in my hands. Its quite hard, but I'll probably get a huion giano soon
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>3059652
Get that shit fixed bro. Maybe you need medical help
>>
>>3059621
I've been using stablizers for over a year now, and whenever I go out and draw on my sketchbook, my lines are actually stronger and a lot more confident.

Shows how much you know.
>>
>>3059658
Had shaky hands since I was a child, can't do anything about it but I think drawing more from the elbow/shoulder and 20 minutes of daeshabox exercises before I start the daily dose of failures should help. I'm sad that I'll probably never be able to achieve say this guys level of line control
twitch(dot)teevee/videos/158609311?t=50m27s
>>
>>3059442
It's as cheating as using a number 1 pencil over a number 2 pencil. People need to realize not every tool works exactly the same between others, including digital tools. They are manufactured, meaning something can go wrong along the line, making them work differently. Even then there are clearly different types of tools and how they work, so expecting a tablet to feel one to one to pencil and paper any of the time is ludicrous.

Just like a guitar, any tablet might need a fine tuning. And stabilizers is a tuner option.
>>
>>3059596
>retard not so clever after being btfo
that's what I thought
>>
File: 1403302544863.jpg (238KB, 1001x750px) Image search: [Google]
1403302544863.jpg
238KB, 1001x750px
>>3059710

How many levels of irony are we on now?
>>
the easiest way to get clean lines for me is to try and do one solid stroke and not let up on the tablet.
>>
>>3059439
all you need is a half decent medium sized tablet.

no need to use stabilizer bullshit, fancy software, or having a gaming rig, unless you've got parkinson's
>>
>>3059516
kinda is yeah, but traditional is dead.
>>
>>3059667

You possibly have essential tremor, very treatable mate.

I was diagnosed with it and got given beta blockers. Work a treat. Then I figured out putting on some muscle stopped my shaking - whoops. Kept the blockers though.
>>
So, now that we're into this topic, is "add/multiply" blending modes in layer actual cheating? I feel like I shouldn't use them.
>>
>>3061091
Not cheating if you're only using them to add a bit of finishing touches onto a good piece, but cheating if you're using them to hide how shitty your drawing is
>>
>>3059440
i just tried and it doesnt even make my lines smoother, let alone more accurate.
>>
File: utrecht-brush-water-800.jpg (63KB, 2622x309px) Image search: [Google]
utrecht-brush-water-800.jpg
63KB, 2622x309px
>>3059621
Ever heard of a rigger?
>>
but stabilisers dont help with accuracy, only smoothness
>>
>>3059439
When you have an intros (like I do), unless you're willing to practice or get something like Lazy Nezumi, then good luck. It's next to impossible. Especially when it comes to circles.

Curves and lines are much easier in this regard though. But it'd help if you mentioned what Tablet you were using first.
>>
>>3064112
that shitty $50 wacom
>>
>>3059442
using undo

>CHEAtTING
>>
>>3059439
It's obviously possible since since people do great lines digitally. That said I've been using a tablet for nearly 8 years and can't do any linework on my tablet, even though I think my linework is decent traditionally.
>>
>>3059531
In viscom we used curve rulers.
That's right, CURVE RULERS
>>
>>3059442
NO RULES JUST TOOLS
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.