[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gestures - Help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Gestures cmp.jpg (830KB, 1736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Gestures cmp.jpg
830KB, 1736x1824px
Can you guys point out what is wrong with my gestures and what to work on? I feel like I am not doing it right and I am getting frustrated trying to create form at the same time I keep a nice rhythm.

I am following Michael Hampton.
>>
i hate having this thread every other day

sage
>>
>>3058912

Bump
>>
>>3058912

Shouldn't you be drawing instead of looking for ''threads like this everyday''?
>>
File: 1499442700185.jpg (67KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
1499442700185.jpg
67KB, 460x438px
Are they that bad people don't even know how to help?
>>
They are pretty good I think
Try to do some with a bit of perspective and foreshortening thou
What resources are you using to learn?
>>
>>3059007

Mainly, Michael Hampton Design and Invention book and Michael Hampton seminar. But I am also having a look at Vilppu's anatomy lecture series and Robert Beverly Hale - Artistic Anatomy because they are really cool and love the vibe of being inside a classroom.

For gestures, I am using Quickpose.com and BodiesinMotion. Both really awesome imo, specially the later one where you have people doing all sorts of actions framed up.
-
I am not sure if it is noticeable, but in some of them if you read them from left to right they should look animated?
>>
>>3059011
In this case its hard to tell because in animation the positioning of the feet and head on a vertical axis matter a lot
>>
>>3059019

I see. What can I do to improve gestures? Are they ok enough to move into landmarks/skeleton structure?
>>
They look like they're dancing, not enough weight or strain apparently... I love how free the animation is however.
>>
>>3059062

>They look like they're dancing, not enough weight or strain apparently

Not sure how to fix that, heavier linework at the bottom, perhaps?

>I love how free the animation is however.

Thanks, Anon
>>
Your drawings look somewhat stiff. I recommend switching the mechanical pencil to a pencil so you can hold it sideways with your fist. Vilppu Drawing Manual also has good exercises for gestures and loosening up.
>>
>>3059011
Where do you found Hale`s lessons? Most of them seem to be missing from youtube
>>
>>3058910
I'm not an expert but it looks like your focus is more on anatomy rather than trying to "tell a story" or evoke a feeling with a pose
>>
>>3058910
It feels like you don't really understand the shapes you are trying to draw. I'd do some basic construction drawings where you draw through the shapes so you really see where and what everything is.

And there is a spatial issue. You don't feel the space of and around the characters which makes it feel flat and wonky.
You should put more effort into getting the position and direction of the feet right. It will help you out a lot.

And cut the chicken scratching. Practice to only draw one line where it's needed. Even if it turns out like shit. When you got that down somewhat you can play around more with where and how to put down the lines.
>>
>>3059562

It's available in CGPeers under the name ''Robert Beverly Hale - Artistic anatomy''.
>>
>>3059242

I've been putting that off because I can't use the side ways technique with the tablet. Does anyone have a solution for that?

>>3059632

I try to capture the feet direction better and see if it helps, thank you.

>>3059595

I was just trying to capture the gesture of the references without much exaggeration
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.