[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fundamentals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: skelly-roboskelly.jpg (19KB, 252x202px) Image search: [Google]
skelly-roboskelly.jpg
19KB, 252x202px
i have question /ic/

How important is knowing skeletal anatomy, being able to draw an accurate representation of the pelvis and the ribcage, not just a simplification.

Also the limbs and the skull, should learn to draw them?

And if so, what are some good recourses that teach you that, cause a lot of the art books only teach superficial muscle anatomy.

Also, how can you use the integrate the human skeleton into the 8 head model.

Also share some good recourses for learning fundamentals if you have some.
>>
Use 3D models (like design doll) and trace over them. In the modern age, there's no need to learn the fundamentals when you have increasingly advanced technology at your disposal.
>>
>>3058843
oh my fucking god. do not listen to this retarded half-brained ape. Jesus christ dude that is the worst advice I've ever heard. This has to be fucking b8.

You might "trace" your way to dollar billz, but you won't "trace" your way to being a good artist.

Jesus fuck don't go on /ic/ just to give horrible advice to the younglings you cunt
>>
>>3058855
you have vocalized everything I've felt but more mature pretty cool
>>
>>3058855
All people care about is the money anyways.
>>
i love 4chan! :D
>>
>>3058855
>hurr you gotta draw 100000 boxes and read all the books like I did
Nah, ignore these bucket crabs. Just trace until you get the hang of it, there are infinite references on the internet.
>>
>>3058914
post ur werk
>>
>>3058914
Wow you and the other anon are such a bunch of losers who want rewards without working, you will be on the bottom the rest of your life... enjoy
>>
>>3058921
>>3058922
swerve, crabs, you can trace while constructing and studying, no one says you're limited to just mindlessly copying.
>>
>>3058929
Not a method I ever used or was thought but I think thats shaky ground and could leave you super dependent
>>
>>3058932
thats true anon, its like smoking, once you start, you cant stop.
>>
>>3058936
Well you can but then you have developed a habit which may require you to unlearn later which is harder than learning something new
>>
>>3058914

Did you use this method? If so show us your work.
>>
>>3058990
I second this, proof is in the pudding either show up or disappear
>>
answer anons question please, we know tracing is bad in the long run.

Rather you want to understand how it works than how it looks, not just remember the silhouette
>>
>>3058827
I guess you're drawing constructively so yeah, learning how to draw a basic skeleton is important because it's where muscles are attached.
>>
>>3058855
>younglings
>half brained apes
>etc
I forget my point, it was probably something important
hit that you button if you liked this post
>>
>>3058827
It's helpful to know skeletal anatomy in a general sense. Landmarks are typically places where skeletal features are close to the surface, and insertion points are where the muscles are attached to bone. Because the skeleton is largely rigid, they provide consistency and predictability for your drafts.

That said, you don't really need to commit all the small details or nomenclature to memory. Focus on function and those elements that will show through in the drawing or help you compose the figure. If you are doing something that requires technical precision, pull up some references.
>>
>>3058827
The skeleton is more important than the muscles.
>>
>>3058843
>>3058855
>>3058914
>>3058922
Fuck people just get easier and easier to trollbait as the years go by. Not any of these posters just a passerby amazed that people still reply to obvious bait.
>>
>>3059229
>anything I don't like or agree with is bait
retard
>>
>>3058843
I think this might actually have been a joke?

>making jokes on the internet
>humor is indistinguishable from hubris
>oh god everything is now on fire
>>
it's great to study and learn from references. the 8 head model is more of an ideal representation and you don't have to follow it that strictly. 3d models can be great for reference and for figuring out poses it's just a tool though. studying anatomy helps a lot with grounding you character to be realistic and great to fall back on when you are in a pinch. I tend to have anatomy references on hand not 2d and 3d so I am not relying only on memory.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.