[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, wasn't this guy on /ic/ at some point ? I remember

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: ayyyy.png (1MB, 1294x858px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.png
1MB, 1294x858px
Wait, wasn't this guy on /ic/ at some point ? I remember seeing this painting's process in one of the draw threads a long time ago.
>>
>trash artist
>giving advice on anything

it should be illegal
>>
>>3058584
who's the qt in the right of his references? :3
>>
>>3058584
people this bad are making videos on habit tips?
>>
>>3058587
>>3058605
hey that's what I thought, but i guess people even worse than that might see some light into it. I don't think i'm going crazy though, that painting was 100% on here.
>>
https://www.artstation.com/artist/andrewprice
>>
>>3058584
actually I think even that Mad max one was posted here.
>>
>>3058584

>when a guy whose claim to fame is studying portraits for 6 months is giving lectures on art habits
>he hasnt updated his artstation with new 2D work in over a year
>normies fell for it again

Its a damn shame they pick the trashiest cunts to do talks like this.
>>
>>3058758
https://imgur.com/a/745BL
such a great draftsman
>>
>>3058773
>>3058758
Oh, this is that dude on reddit who boasted about his progress within 6 months.

Did he actually post on /ic/ like OP is saying? Because all I remember is that thread about his reddit post that got 10k+ upvotes or something.
>>
He makes some good Blender tutorials. Many of which I benefited from.

Can't say the same about his 2D art though.
Some of them are alright, others less.
>>
>>3058773
Did he just catch a guy for tracing.
>>
>>3058587
well still his advice was super inspiring, so shut up. he is not giving you advice how to paint, only how to live your life
>>
>>3058584
Well, what are the 7 habits of highly effective artists? I imagine one of them must be not to waste your time on 30 minute youtube videos, so I'm not gonna watch this.
>>
>>3058998
It's the usual shit, no one who actually wants to become a pro remembers all that shit. You probably know all of it anyway. Draw all the time, do studies, don't be afraid to fail, apply your studies, crit yourself, yada yada. Nothing new. That podcast Feng did about how to become a pro is much more useful since it's chalk full of raw honesty and it's super motivational. Much better than this, this is just generic shit that everyone already knows.
>>
This thread is why ill never post anything more than a throwaway sketch on here
>>
>>3059030
Why this thread? The dude is still a beginner but he's giving out lofty art advice and to top it off he traced one of his portraits. He's not a good example at all.
>>
>>3059032
Reading comprehension: zero.

>>3059001
Link?
>>
>>3059001
>chalk full
>>
>>3058683
>https://www.artstation.com/artist/andrewprice

Photo studies look like normal progress, everything from imagination looks way worse. He dosn`t seem to apply what he learned in his other studies.
>>
>>3058584
>#7 create what you love
>Literally tells people not to draw men if you only want to draw cute girls because "your heart needs to be in it!"

T R A S H
>>
>>3058592
This
>>
>>3058584
i think i recall one or two of those too, but they would have been from ages ago
>>
>le premium texture man

>>>/3/
>>
>>3058587
if you watched his talk you'd know he talking about approaches to improving studying in general and not a lecture on anatomy or composition.
>>
>>3058773
>someone spent that much time doing this
is there anyone without a chip on his shoulder who actually cares?
>>
>>3058584
WTF i was actually about to watch this video yesterday, but didnt know he was this bad.

How does one go on stage with this in the back and still be proud. I almost wish my bar was set this low. Would make me feel alot better.
>>
File: andrew-price-progress-sexy.gif (912KB, 750x1178px) Image search: [Google]
andrew-price-progress-sexy.gif
912KB, 750x1178px
>>3058584
Good graciuos. He is the creator of this piece. I remember reading an article about how he went from not being able to paint anything to painting this.

Guess he has always been more interested in telling his story, than actually learning to draw. And holy shit do people bite.
>>
>>3059001
Link to Feng's podcast?
>>
He might be bad, but at least he's trying to change it and inspire beginner artist.
Unlike you folks, he is making a difference. All you do is shit on artists. I bet half the people posting here are actually worse than him.
>>
>>3059276
how can you be worse than this? I would rather look at a drawing with bad technique and shading that still shows creativity in design, than some direct copy of a photo. As you see in the imgur link, he literally overlayed the girl from star wars with the original picture. I dont think it gets worse than that. The fact that he got to a stage with this makes me doubt that entire youtube channel
>>
>>3058773
>>3058830

Oh lawdy, its worse than I had thought. A real top choice for a speaker.

>>3059276

Didnt read the thread. He's not trying. He stopped doing 2D altogether it seems since he got his internet points on Reddit. And no, actually, most of /ic/ is actually better than this chump.
>>
>>3058773
>This is natural, a painting should never be completely true to the original reference.

What degenerate nonsense is this? If you're drawing deformed postmodern hobgoblins then anything goes, sure, but if you are trying to reproduce a realistic likeness, you MUST line up all the distinguishing features correctly. Otherwise you have not produced a likeness.

>Notice how all the lines and distinguishing figures are *perfectly* lined up. This is basically impossible when drawing from life.

Somebody has not heard of the sight-size method
>>
>>3059306
Please tell me this is bait. There is no absolute truth, not in photographs either, which is why you exaggerate features to make them look even "more realistic" than a picture. Even old masters knew this, come on. Even if you can draw a picture exactly 1 to 1 it would just look shit, and he didnt, cause you can see he didnt even understand how eye shapes works in the first drawings, then afterwards they are suddenly fixed uncanny close to the picture.

Did you even see the imgur link?
>>
>>3058773
There's absolutely nothing wrong with correcting yourself in overlay when doing a study you spaz.

Good thing you've ousted yourself with a personal account, now I know who to look for when I see these collages. It's very evident you don't draw.
>>
>>3059315
its from fucking 2016. Why do you think he is the creator you moron.
>>
>>3059322
Because there's a faggot who lurks /ic/ making copy/trace collages of other people's work.
>>
>>3059313
>There is no absolute truth
that's fucking wrong you little relativist monkey piece of shit decay of the western civilization
>>
>>3059328
aggressive
>>
>>3059328
you sure showed him
>>
>>3058587
>>3058605
>>3058758
>>3058998

Lol boys this guy is a 3d artist by profession. He's the Blender Guru. The video is about how he worked to achieve a goal of 1000 likes or something on his attestation page. He started from nothing and worked a regimented schedule for like 6 months and the talk is about ways you can be a more effective learner.

Literally jot about how good he is but how he progressed.

Try not to be mad boys. And while I generally agree with /ic/ and their bitterness I have a hard time believing many of you guys are really above this guy in terms of work ethic and professional success in anything, especially art. So your comments come off a little pathetic.

Cheers faggots
>>
>>3059353
i agree that I can get mad sometimes when crooked artists make it while i still do small jobs, but this is not even the case here. I legitimately think its bad having such a bad artist tell aspiring artists how to change their habits.
>>
>>3059362
For 6 months I think he made very good progress. He even got social media focus early on while many d/ic/ks are having a hard time gaining followers and likes
>>
>>3059389
maybe, but in 6 months he might discover new things that will be alot better advice.

And i dont buy this social media meme. The greatest artists out there are hidden in the credits, often act humble and got a low follower amount on social media.
>>
File: 1428919235697.jpg (57KB, 526x573px) Image search: [Google]
1428919235697.jpg
57KB, 526x573px
>>3059394
>The greatest artists out there are hidden in the credits, often act humble and got a low follower amount on social media.
mfw you actually believe this you fucking neet.
>>
>>3059403
its not something i believe. Its something i know from the artists I personally like. I know its different in the anime side of things, but in real art thats how it works.
>>
File: 1428749260516.gif (2MB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428749260516.gif
2MB, 303x300px
>>3059409
Yeah because Michaelangelo and the rest of the great masters were all nobodies, right? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>3059412
>Michaelangelo
>Social media

Are we living in the same universe?

I never said good artists couldnt be critically acclaimed or famous dumbass, just that they dont measure their skill in likes because it is a ego centric process, as opposed to art galleries wanting to show their art by themselves or greater comission deals.
>>
>>3058584

Oh God, I remember those drawings, especially fucked up smiling fit blonde.
>>
>>3059409
Post them then
>>
>>3059426
nothing to post. Its just a general thing.

Guys like Paul Topolos and Craig mullins have no social media life and shitty websites, yet they still get the nice deals. And for instance Beksinski was very humble with his work and almost didnt even want to show it to the world.
>>
>>3058773
that lay-in looks weak, desu. does rendering save a drawing that much?
>>
>>3059315
There is something wrong when you don`t mention that you fucking traced a picture when you present it to the world.
>>
File: 1427710221741.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427710221741.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
>>3059403
>>3059412
no good artist has ever lived and died in obscurity, rite? good artistic skill always follows in direct 1:1 ratio with success and fame. maximum delusion.
>>
>>3059796
This. Aaron Blaise and Arshad Baig combined probably have 1% of the following Jazza does. I bet Glenn Keane doesn't have a following worth shit either. What a couple of retards lmao
>>
>>3058584
This isn't that bad. If you want to see bad torrent Robert Cheng's cgma course "becoming a better artist". It's basically a glorified Photoshop tutorial and the final result is legitimately the ugliest art I've ever seen. It's a $600 course and it's made millions. Also there's several paragraphs on hentai in the reading material complete with pictures.
>>
File: 1436987343663.jpg (89KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436987343663.jpg
89KB, 333x500px
>>3059276
>he is making a difference.

You do realize he doesnt give a fuck and is doing this thing for self promotion right.

I didnt watch the vid but if a guy is this bad at art and still can pass as motivational speaker, then I guess he should change careers, he must be really good at motivational speaking and being a bullshitter in general. His talents are being wasted.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.