[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are you white washing, ic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18

File: Screenshot_20170713-152148.jpg (729KB, 1440x2218px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-152148.jpg
729KB, 1440x2218px
are you white washing, ic?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170713-152351.jpg (58KB, 1440x306px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-152351.jpg
58KB, 1440x306px
>>
File: Untitled.png (68KB, 354x322px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
68KB, 354x322px
>>3058351
>all that bullshit
>>
File: woops..jpg (72KB, 693x593px) Image search: [Google]
woops..jpg
72KB, 693x593px
>>
>>3058351
I draw nothing but slavs, native-americans and asians.
I'm mexican.
>>
>>3058478
this, unironically
>>
>>3058351
Of course, I want my art to be pretty.
>>
>>3058478
When slavery is another present theme
>>
>>3058351
>wear there is sweat, oil, or moisture
Why the fuck do people do this? How can you go through the effort of making a guide and not proofread it and catch thoughtless mistakes like this?

The contrast from shadows on light skin and highlights on dark skin is actually good advice but that stupid typo ruins the whole thing. Especially since it's not just an innocent typo, it leaves open the possibility that the creator actually doesn't know the difference between wear and where.
>>
>>3058514
id rather draw other races as slaves than niggers. at least have attractive slaves.
>>
On a related note, what do you do if someone calls you out for never drawing black people or not having black characters? Never happened to me but sometimes I fear it. I don't have much urge to draw them but sometimes I feel like I should just for the sake of inclusion, that's a shitty reason to draw something though. And then I wonder if other people just have black characters so they look all nice and inclusive and not-racist.
>>
>>3058580
This is the only proper way to adress it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsEr6xNN8Hw
>>
>>3058580
tell them niggers are unappealing.
but really what i would say is probably i have ... in other skechbooks
>>
File: asdasdsd.jpg (28KB, 476x1067px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdsd.jpg
28KB, 476x1067px
>>3058580
If you get big enough you can always insert a minority character here and there, also throw in a BBW in for good measure. Pic related
>>
>>3058590
or that i am resisting forced diversity. its my damn book so dont worry about it..
>>
>>3058593
>resisting forced diversity
Basically admitting you're a racist by not feeling that it's natural to include blacks, that you think it must be forced.
>>
>>3058580
>I have never seen a black person IRL so I seldom think about them.
It's actually true, since I'm not american or european.
>>
>>3058624
It isn't.
If your story doesn't happen in a place where black people are a relevant ammount of the population you don't HAVE to include black people just because they exist somewhere else.
I'm hispanic and toroughly ignore the fact that hispanic characters in anime pretty much don't exist. Same for cartoons and comics. There's twice as many hispanics in america as there are blacks, but according to media we don't exist unless we're selling drugs.

The media are the racists, and they're being racist to whites.
>>
>>3058591
>BBW
it's called fat
>>
>>3058635
the problem is that americans are retarded faggots who think black people are as common as they are in america everywhere
because they dont even know basic geography or history
because americans are uneducated retards who we have to thank for the masses of enrichments coming to europe now
because americans, black or white or asian, feel entitled to everything, especially media representation
>>
>>3058651
>the problem is that americans are retarded faggots who think black people are as common as they are in Jew York everywhere
>because they dont even know basic geography or history
I seldom see a black person in Vermont and it's usually an old trucker on the road south.
>>
>>3058651
Niggers aren't common in America. They're 12% of the population, and vastly overrepresented in the media. If you ask a European who hasn't looked at the statistics, they're going to guess the US is 30-40% black.
>>
How does the vertically stretched text thing happen? I've seen it several times in shitty graphic design. Like do they conciously stretch the text in some graphics software and if so why? Is it supposed to look fancy or something?
>>
>>3058661
>jew york
kek
>>
>>3058626
My country is 93% white born in my country and 4% white foreigners , 3% other races. In my school year group of 240 we had 1 black kid and two brown kids. So i feel the same.
>>
>>3058663
If you're referring to the narrow text, it's an option with some fonts or text tools in programs. The person who made the image probably just chose a narrow font, but it's still possible that they could have just vertically stretched the text.
>>
>>3058662

12% is common, anon. 12% is a really significant minority. Canada, for example, has a 2% black population. The UK is 3% black and doesn't quite break 7% Asians (which I presume is including middle east / india).

If every 10th person you meet is black on average, how is that not common?
>>
>>3058679
No, it's not common, particularly when blacks are concentrated into certain areas and are so incredibly violent that a good chunk of them live in all-black ghettos where no white person would ever go. About 36% of black men end up in a federal prison at some point in their life, which hardly represents any kind of normal participation in a civilized society.
Furthermore, if we're talking about accurate representation, then you'd be even less likely to see blacks in the roles you see them in on TV and in movies, given that you'll find very few in white collar jobs, and even fewer in STEM and medicine.
>>
>>3058580
I will draw black person when the need comes.
>>
File: kingoftheblacks.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kingoftheblacks.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>3058719
>>
>>3058698
I see them quite frequently in day-to-day life, in shopping areas etc (US, MA). But I can confirm that while there are some at my school, they're virtually nonexistent in my specific programs (honors & env. sci.). Definitely depends on the setting if you're going for real-world accuracy. But if it's fiction you can create whatever version of the world you want, so you could have an American city with no blacks or a group of scientists including many blacks or whatever your ideal demographic distribution is. I think that's what people are doing when they put them in unlikely roles. Either way you could probably find an acceptable answer to justify your choice if it comes up.
>>
>>3058698
Post your work if you're so superior.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>3058661
Black Jew Yorker here

>>3058651
While you make a lot of good points especially when it comes to liberals, its not just america thats ignorant of these things dumbass, get off your high horse. It's ok to be butthurt Eurofag, I get it, I mean except for based Hungary, Bulgaria, and Russia, (probably some other eastern european countries) most of Europe is a giant cuck. Most mindlessly obey everything media tells them cause they care about what the world thinks of them, luckily most americans never give a shit about what the world thinks of them, insert feelsgoodman.jpg otherwise we wouldn't have Trump. The amount of butthurt you must be throwing hmm let me guess Sweden, France, no Germany, well whatever EU shit hole you come from enjoy your rapeugees.

>>3058351
Fake and gay
>>
keep /pol/ out, they already ruined /tv/
>>
>>3058744
meant to write see pic related next to the black jew yorker part
>>
File: tv:pol.png (148KB, 322x302px) Image search: [Google]
tv:pol.png
148KB, 322x302px
>>3058745
WRONG
>>
>>3058732
Yes, but the SJWs are crying about representation based on the insane idea that it's racist/sexist to show the world like it really is.
I mean, what the hell kind of ideal are they pushing for anyway? They want everyone to act like a generic, non-specific blank slate, regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation.
They think stereotypes are inherently bad, when many of them are just reflections of reality. Men are better at certain thing, different races tend to have specific interests and behavioral patterns, some groups are overrepresented in certain fields and most gays are not just normal people who happen to like dick.

Most groups of people fit into boxes, and when you try to fuck with this because of some political agenda and paint successful groups as evil and oppressive, you're not only lying, but you're inviting conflict into the world.

And no, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having people from one group do something they're generally not known for. That's necessary if you want some variety. I'm saying it's bad when this becomes a requirement, and when it's deemed racist/sexist to not follow this politically correct doctrine.
>>
>>3058580
The best thing to do is to not reply.
>>
>>3058580
I've often wondered this myself. I would either stay quiet, or I'd try to be as big of an asshole as possible and just really lay into them.
>>
File: 094.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>3058580
>what do you do if someone calls you out for never drawing black people or not having black characters? Never happened to me but sometimes I fear it.

Tell them asking white people to draw black people (ironically) reinforces the stereotype that black people can't do anything for themselves.

There, now they're the racist.

>>3058698
Chill famlamb
>>
>>3058760
well said and pretty much the sad state of the world we live in today. I remember someone either in tv/ pol/ ic/ or co, saying you idiots (referring to the sjw/tumblr/reddit anons in that thread) are actually trying to make Tumblr a reality it won't work and will fail.
>>
>>3058732
I see ten times more latinos and asians but the media doesn't shove latinos and asians everywhere.
That's when you realize it's not representation or realistic demographics, but their specific views of the world that these people are pushing for.
>>
>>3058635
i'm a pacific islander and will always and forever like the little mermaid more than moana.
>>
File: 1499154475000.jpg (4KB, 199x234px) Image search: [Google]
1499154475000.jpg
4KB, 199x234px
>>3058525
>being this assblasted over a typo
>>
>>3058788
>their specific views of the world that these people are pushing for
Exactly. That's what fiction allows for, the creator's ideal view of the world (or ideal in certain aspects, since obviously most don't create utopias). Hence, prominent representation of a group they see as highly oppressed in an attempt to be virtuous and fix that oppression. Groups that are more peacefully integrated into their society don't need that boost in their eyes.

>captcha: LOFTS UTOPIA
>>
>>3058806
It worked for the Nazis, I guess.
>>
>>3058809
Isn't it working for SJW/PC people too? More black actors being cast in lead roles, etc.
>>
>>3058817
Sadly, yes. Nothing a little genocide can't fix, though.
>>
>>3058351

I draw animal people, it ain't gonna happen 2 me
>>
>>3058478

Yes but there is a difference between niggers and delicious brown.
>>
>>3058846
Aside from joke images, the closest thing I've drown to a nog is a tribal elf with dark skin.
Granted, I never colored that picture, so I guess the point is moot.
>>
File: 029 mar3.png (224KB, 543x628px) Image search: [Google]
029 mar3.png
224KB, 543x628px
>>3058351
No, wait...
>looking back at my image
Aw shit.
>>
>>3058351
guy doesn't know what he's talking about, i assume you respect him because otherwise you wouldn't post his bullshit, and in that case it just goes to show that art isn't a science
>>
>>3058591
cute

top one of course
>>
>>3058591

The top one is a legit good drawing. Do people really get assblasted at having to draw black people?
>>
>>3058901
If it's because of peer pressure and not because you want to, yes. And they're right to be upset.
>>
>>3058580
I live in a white majority country and I draw what I see in my culture
>>
>>3058901
Why would you ever "have to" draw anything you don't want outside of professional work that you are being paid to do?
>>
File: IMG_9833.gif (919KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9833.gif
919KB, 425x319px
>>3058745
If by "ruined" you mean "made better"...
>>
>>3058817
>More black actors being cast in lead roles, etc.

Are they though? People certainly make a bigger deal out of black actors being cast today, but I haven't noticed any particular increase, especially in leading star roles. The 90s and early 00s had Will Smith, Wesley Snipes, Samuel L Jackson, Denzel, Halle Barry, Michael Clarke Duncan, all in their acting prime and we had cheesy Shaq and Michael Jordan movies. The only black actors I can think of today that have any kind of star power and weren't already famous 20 years ago are Michael B Jordan and I guess Idris Elba if you don't count his TV career.
>>
File: tumblr filename.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr filename.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>3058994
maybe that's why american sjws are throwing a country wide shitfit with the blm crap
>>
>>3058994
You've got that ape from Star Wars. They're pushing hard to make him a star.
>>
>>3058744
>tfw eastern eurofag

still, i hope you get shot by a cop, my nigg
i never wanted these filthy rapefugees here but if you faggot americans could stay out of just ONE disgusting mudslime third world country for once that would be great
>>
>>3058794
but moana was a dope flick
>>
>>3059045
not as dope as the little mermaid mi familia
>>
>>3058863
>guy
Silly, no man would ever make a picture crying about white-washing.
>>
File: 1496528439894.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496528439894.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
If it comes down to it I am, why ? Cause even racemixed mongrels are better looking than africans.
>>
>>3059056
>even
?
>>
>>3058351
>somebody draws a qt a brown girl
>everybody immediately assumes she's ba nigger
Really mashes my gears
>>
Hard to call white washing a problem when 98% of characters have white, asian, or cartoon/nonsensical features before color is even added.

I've very rarely ever seen black characters from an anthropological standpoint that have been lightened. People aren't whitewashing shit, they're just not creating black characters as often, or deciding halfway through making a white/asian character that they need diversity, and then they decide to just dip the fucker in shoe polish, but it looks weird/unnatural with the white/asian features, so, they have to lighten the character up to more of a tan appearance, big deal...

tl;dr
Make more black characters yourself if you want them, and shut the fuck up. Artists don't have to have a racially diverse cast to make great art, and even black people favor more of a cocoa color over an oil slick the same way white people prefer to be a little darker than gingers. Get real, niggas.
>>
>>3059127
>he doesn't want to be as pale as the moon
What a pleb
>>
>>3058580

NEVER adress stupid political bullshit people bombard you with. Just stay silent, it will blow over and it will get boring and people will move on. All they want is a reaction, any reaction. Give that to them and they won, there is nothing you can do, no matter what you say.

You`re too good for this shit and your time is too valuable for these discussions. That intimidates them because their time is worthless.
>>
>>3058580
Just say that you are not black and that drawing black people would be considered cultural appropriation.
>>
>implying I'm even going to enter this absolute shit show of a thread
>>
>>3059143
This anon gets it. They're searching for confrontation, any reply means they've already won.
>>
>>3059220
Are you dumb
>>
>make a generic cute girl
>color her skin brown
it's not that hard
>>
>>3059143

This, any time you give in to something like that they just find more and more to criticize. People get an ego rush out of acting like they're the morality police. It's a power thing, and it has nothing to do with what they're actually saying, and everything to do with how far they can get their dick up your ass.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 824x142px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 824x142px
What does it mean to 'rock one's colour'? I guarantee this was written by a white person.
>>
>>3059860
what happens when whitey rocks his color?
>>
File: Crying-Merchant-2-618x577.jpg (54KB, 618x577px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Merchant-2-618x577.jpg
54KB, 618x577px
>>3061382
a shoah anon.
>>
>>3059828
qt

btw I prefer to draw fantasy races so I don't have to deal with that bullshit
>>
>>3061403
Fantasy races have even more crazy colors like green, white, grey and shit.
>>
>>3061404
I mean political shit
>>
>>3058569
Sex slaves need to make a comeback in comics
>>
>>3059143
If at all possible, listen to this anon. Being open about your politics if you're conservative (no matter how rarely) will bite you in the ass. just last night I found out that a long time friend of mine is trying to distance himself from me because he found out I'm a Trump supporter.
Protip: only let on about Conservative politics if you're ready to fight with a handicap against you.
>>
>>3058740
His work has no merit in this debate. He is stating facts and his opinions
>>
I have more light skinned characters than dark but I prefer coloring dark skin tones since I find the pallets more interesting to work with at times when painting.
>>
>>3059008
>a country wide
a california wide*
>>
>>3058591
I honestly like both of them. Just because I don't want to stick my dick in the bottom one's eye doesn't mean it can't be a fun challenge every once in a while.
>>
>>3058585
Upset that he didn't say
>What's the deal with all these whiteys in the audience?
>>
>>3058591
Loish is great
They both look nice
>>
>>3059860
Just a quick reminder
Brown character != Nigger
>>
>>3059045
>>3059053
They were shit.
>>
>>3059143
Correct!
>>
>>3059860
>Celebrate diversity
>people of color

Who would have thought these "progressives" were so racist? Skin deep "diversity". That's high up there on the racism scale.
>>
>>3058591
Yeah those are both really well done
>>
>>3058351
How black artists draw blacks
>draw white girl with dark skin tone
>add slightly bigger nosetip
>add full lips with slightly bigger underlip
>if not an afro or dreads add some generic dark hair
>add some african trinkets to show shes a queen/hes a kang
>>
Of course i do, why would i draw negroes?
>>
>>3058351
most artists create content geared towards their own interests and culture. It's not a bad thing that a white artist paints mostly white people. It's what they know. It's their own culture. This might blow some minds but white people have culture and history too.

Most black painters will paint black people.

There is literally nothing wrong with it. I come from a small town in Indiana. There weren't any black, asian, latino, or anyone other than white. I did have a massive interest in asian art, however. So most of my art consists of white and east asian people.
>>
File: 4chan_6c083b_5915629.gif (172KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_6c083b_5915629.gif
172KB, 500x281px
>>3058351
yeah...:/
>>
>>3059143

This, basically. Don't respond, not even in private. Don't give them the air time. They're not going to be satisfied until they've converted you. Even if you feel their comments have merit, adjust yourself silently, without acknowledging them at all. They feed on blood and drama and fear and weakness. The best thing you can do is treat them like a spot of rough weather. Don't react, not even to lay low. Just keep doing your thing as if they weren't even there.
>>
>>3058669
Argentina?
>>
>>3058591
>>3058643

I always thought BBW meant Big-Bodied Women, which is the same as fat, isn't it?
>>
>>3064893
Depending on if its a trashy fatty or a cotton picker its big "beautiful" woman or big black woman
>>
>>3064962
Why would they say 'beautiful'? Like, Big-Bodied Women isn't offensive and it just sounds better off the tongue in alliteration and syllable count.

People are dumb.
>>
>>3058859
That looks cute!
>>
>>3058661
white jew yorker here.
Yeah it's pretty bad actually. I actually had an interest in history so I taught myself more about other countries from that perspective but most people just rely on the school system which is garbage and only involves the US and a little bit of British history. Most of the SJWs are getting offended on behalf of blacks and minorities, most of which really don't give a shit. Most SJWs haven't even had extensive contact with blacks yet think they all act a specific way.
>>
>>3061492
While I agree with the other anon about avoiding it for art stuff, your situation just means that you have shit friends that were superficial to begin with.
>>
>>3064893
>>3064962
big breasted women
>>
> only involves the US and a little bit of British history
That's the same for history classes in all of the world. Here in Russia the history is almost only about Russia and who we had wars with. The only exceptions are Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome and French revolution.
>>
>>3058760

>in defense of stereotypes
>no apparent knowledge of history or culture

moron.
I'd love to see some drawings of obese low-income white motherfuckers in NASCAR hats (ie a stereotype AND a reflection of reality)
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.