[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perspective is so boring holy shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1431x856px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1431x856px
>Listens to perspective lectures
>I can't go on more than 30 min before getting extremely bored
>30 min feels like 4 hours

>Drawing figures, anatomy, anime
>4 hours feel like 30 min
>>
I usually try to learn perspective through composition studies :) way more entertaining and practical for my needs.
also no need to take everything in at once,
ten minutes of focused lecture time + hours of practice is way better than just looking at tutorials all day

Good luck!
>>
>>3057923
True, I start by watching 1 lecture( there are 12 lectures in total that are about 30 min) before doing photo studies. It's just that watching the lectures is sooooooooooooooooo fucking boring.
>>
>>3057916
ngmi
>>
>>3057916
You don't need lectures on perspective. Particularly not boring online droning voice lectures.

There are like, five basic rules and a couple of concepts you need to understand, and you can read that shit.

To practice, you go outside and sketch the town. Then pic one of your best sketches and fix it up according to the rules you know.

Do this a couple of times and you'll quickly get the hang of it.
>>
>>3057916
too bad perspective is the most important thing to not make your stuff look like ass.

Do yourself a favor and nail your butt to the chair. It is going to be over soon
>>
>>3057916

Being bored is a bad state to be in when studying. It fucks up with both comprehension and retension.
Speed up the lecture X2 and take notes as he speaks. He may end up with a funny voice but at least you won't be bored out before he gets to the interesting parts. If there's a difficult part, you'll be able to go back right there later because you took notes.
>>
I listened and worked along to the entire 60+ hours of erik olsons perspective classes at New masters academy. The guy just covers everything.
Probably the the most boring 60 hours of my life, but i learned so goddamn much.
>>
How the hell can you get bored by Vandruff's simple course? He's so positive and breaks down perspective rules so easily any retard could learn.It might be the easiest, most accesible course on the subject

Try again when you're less tired
Turn off your phone and PC internet connection if you can't deal with distractions. Treat it as if you're in his class
>>
Are there some good video lessons with subtitles (even English ones are okay). While I can read and understand English without a single problem, my listening comprehension is pretty weak.
>>
File: 1475417293240.jpg (146KB, 605x345px) Image search: [Google]
1475417293240.jpg
146KB, 605x345px
>>3058019
>The guy just covers everything
Except 3-point perspective
>>
>>3057916
download the video, upload it to a private youtube, and speed it up x2.

All videos (except proko) bore me, but i figured out when i do this i still get all the information at a quicker, less boring rate. a lot of these teachers are slow as fuck when talking, that's the problem.
>>
>>3058064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaQWNq_ksY
>>
Just read Scott's book, you can study stuff at your own pace without getting bored.
>>
>>3058064
>>3058064
True, when i watched it there was no 3 point. There is now apperantly >>3058215

Though, when you are through with the course and fully understand 2 point perspective, 3 point is really not that complicated to understand and practice on your own.
>>
>>3057916
Vandruff is fun, definitely not as monotonous as some courses out there

>>3058019
Do you think the course is interchangeable with another one like Vandruff? 60 hours of perspective what the fuck. In another thread people were recommending Gnomon and Vandruff courses over this one
>>
>>3058219

Scott is good, but not enough if you really want to go full cock deep.
>>
It's boring until you realize that THE ENTIRETY OF EXISTENCE IS GRAFTED ON THESE GEOMETRIC LAWS HOLY SHIT WTF I CAN SEE EVERYTHING

then after that its boring again.
>>
>>3058658
I can't compare it to the other ones.

Erik olson is doable though if you feel like you're learning something new. I'd recommend skipping the digital sections, they take like 1-2 hours because he isn't used to tablets and works super slow. All he does is going over photos going over everything what you just learned in the last 4-6 hours.
>>
Perspective can be super fun, you just mustn't fall for the memes and go to the core of it. Vandruff, Scott and from there you should focus on grinding.
>>
>>3058064
3 point isn't THAT hard, and in some of his 2 point lessons he leaves small bits and pieces of how it works.
>>
perspective theory is fucking simple, you basically only need one basic perspective book to teach you 90% of anything you'll ever need to know about the theory. The rules are simple and broadly applicable.

The difficult part is doing it in practice, training your eye and hand for the sort of precision you need. So stop watching lectures once you get the basic theory and just try to apply it, re-consult lectures/books if you're stumped.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.