[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books that helped you grow as an artist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 41ylBBBhYjL._SY346_.jpg (17KB, 230x346px) Image search: [Google]
41ylBBBhYjL._SY346_.jpg
17KB, 230x346px
Books that helped you grow as an artist
>>
File: 7012191.jpg (27KB, 296x450px) Image search: [Google]
7012191.jpg
27KB, 296x450px
if you think that you're not talented, this book is perfect. Helped me grow as an artist and as a student.
>>
Peak helped me in general, made me realize you could do anything and that talent is a meme spouted by people who believe in magic.
>>
>>3057590
Is there a pdf for it?
>>
>>3057594
This is the true redpill, congrats brother/sister. However, it's true that for some things, you have to start early in your life (teenage or childhood) to be world-class at them. For example, if you're older that 10 and decide to play the violin, you are realistically never, ever going to become internationally renowned for it. For music in general, most successful musicians started young. I have personal experience with guitar, it's more forgiving, you can get to a world-class level as long as you start below the age of 18 (virtuosos like Buckethead and Vai started around the age of 14, Jimi Hendrix started at the age of 15, etc).

For sports, you need to have started training early in your life to become a master of a sport. All those Olympic athletes have been training seriously since they were little kids, every single one. It kind of sucks if you didn't have parents with the sufficient resources/money, knowledge, and motivation to guide you towards these things when you were a kid, because you'll never really master them. Oh, and genetics matter a lot more here than they do in art or music, you will never be a great basketball player if you aren't tall.

Thankfully, for art, there doesn't seem to be any sort of super early cutoff age. As long as you have fine motor skills (you should, unless you have some sort of physical disability) and creativity, you can become a great artist. Creativity can be taught, but there's definitely an age limit for it, you need to have a certain mindset, certain characteristics of the personality that the creative types often have, such as being open to new experiences. If your brain isn't malleable enough, you won't be able to learn these things no matter how well someone tries teaching them to you.

One can get "pretty good" at anything though, assuming no severe disabilities.

>>3057645
http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=068D5D4D2318AD5BB0A97D88C0A8634B

It's epub, not pdf, but shouldn't really matter.
>>
>>3057645

Do you want to read 339 pages in a minute?

Why are some people so amazingly good at what they do?

The value of purposeful practice, taking small steps on a regular basis and gathering feedback on what you are doing effectively, your potential is not fixed but can be continually expanded.

The importance of mental representations, seeing the level of performance that you are aspiring to reach. By visualizing, you are able to see the pieces and patterns necessary for a great performance.

Deliberate practice, the best way to improve your performance. It works regardless of your type of work and in everyday situation and well fuck everytime everywhere it's magic. Literally anything you do you can learn to do it better the next time.
For a young person to go on to be world-class in any activity, it takes thousands of hours of... have you guessed it? Yeah, deliberate practice.
The myth of natural talent. Great performers always got there through extraordinary practice.

About the future of a world that applies deliberate practice on a regular basis and its impact on education, medicine, health, and relationships (yeah good luck on deliberate practicing your gf), and I quote "a better to see ourselves would be as Homo exercens, or practicing man, the species that takes control of its life through practice and makes of itself what it will."

>Tldr: deliberate practice makes perfect, people who got good worked harder and smarter than losers

Here, you read really fast, Anon.

Before someone asks, the difference between purposeful practice and deliberate practice would be drawing a pic you want to do, then thinking hard about how to make it better next time, versus drawing a still life several times, checking your values carefully and redoing it until some desirable level has been achieved, ideally having an expert for that feedback.
>>
File: 41lrqAEHKBL.jpg (19KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
41lrqAEHKBL.jpg
19KB, 337x500px
>>3057577
>>3057590

really just get anything with Times New Roman on white it's all good
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.