[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT ART PROGRAM DO YOU USE?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_op54hjx6Pa1vk3aixo2_540.png (156KB, 540x569px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op54hjx6Pa1vk3aixo2_540.png
156KB, 540x569px
i used to use an old pirated version of Fireworks, from Macromedia, but since windows 10 came out, it became unstable and crashes too much now.
>>
>>3056709
>>>/wsr/
>>
Csp and that's it
>>
>>3056741
im not from here soooooooo

>>3056888
Csp stands for a ton of different things according to google
>>
>>3056709
Photoshop mostly. Illustrator for logos. Flash when they make me.
>>
>>3056709
Aesprite (pixel art)
>>
>>3057766
Clip Studio Paint
>>
okay so what if I dont have money? are there any really good free programs? so far I attempted using Paint.net and something called Krita, each one felt really weird because they had totally unique controls
>>
>>3057815
FireAlpaca.
>>
>>3057820
>FireAlpaca

that better be the next fire starter Pokemon
>>
>>3057815
beggars can't be choosers.
pirates however...
>>
>>3057845
yar
>>
>>3056709
Pen and paper because I'm not a pleb.
>>
>>3057815
Pencil and paper. You can get both virtually for free, but real newsprint and 2B pencils are dirt cheap as well.

Otherwise there's the basic Clip Studio at something like 25$ when it's on sale.
>>
PaintTool Sai
>>
File: thosefuckingscreentonesman.png (1KB, 228x74px) Image search: [Google]
thosefuckingscreentonesman.png
1KB, 228x74px
I prefer real life inks and markers but I use FireAlpaca both for my comics and digital illustrations. It's simple, free, fast and get the job done.

That said, my favorite program for drawing on computer will always be mspaint. If it had layer options I wouldn't use anything else. I would use it even in my professional works.
>>
File: DRINK.gif (966KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
DRINK.gif
966KB, 245x250px
>>3058133
>mspaint
all right, good troll lad. good troll
>>
>>3058194
I'm not trolling. I like how limited mspaint is. I get most excited when I'm drawing on mspaint.
>>
>>3058218
post your art then, let's see that "professional work".
>>
>>3056709
>tumblr filename
>/wsr/ thread outside of /wsr/
>"im not from here soooooooo"
>/ic/ still spoonfeeds anyway
>>
>>3058438
>you coming in here to be a lil bitch
>>
>>3058449
Oh boy, you sure showed me! Enjoy your first day on 4chan, faggot.
>>
>>3058438
>>3058457
This isn't /a/. Spoonfeeding is fine on /ic/.
>>
Sai is the best imo
>>
Krita is great and also free and continuing to receive regular updates. I like MyPaint for just doodling/sketching as well, not for painting though.

>>3058218
Agreed that MSP is exciting for some good simple fun.
>>
>>3057815
dude if you are here and cant pirate photoshop idk what to tell you. email me at [email protected] if you want help with that
>>
>>3056709
Clip studio paint.

Also started using the new shounen jump program to test it out. It's missing some things I would have liked but it's a decent free art program focused on comic making that will probably get updated with new features.
>>
>>3056709
We recently had this thread.
60% use Clip Studio Paint.
20% use Photoshop
15% use Paint Studio Sai
1% uses Corel Painter
The rest use something dumb
>>
>>3058608
i wanted to know my alternatives, duh
>>
>>3058886

I love corel painter for what it is but it's just too damn slow in reflexes for the tools.
>>
>>3056709
Went from PaintTool SAI, to pirating photoshop, and back to PaintTool SAI. SAI's just better for painting, but I did kinda enjoy how Photoshop's brushes felt at first. Sai blends wayyyy better though, and the interface is less stupidly complicated.
>>
>>3058886
The one percent know where its fucking at
>>
>>3058970
What do you recommend anon?
>>
>>3058975
It depends on the type of art you do imo.
If you're doing anime art, then clip studio paint is probably the go to. If you're closer to the traditional style, extremely detailed, or concept art, then corel painter. For the finishing product, photoshop is pretty good at touching up and editing.
>>
>>3056709
used to pirate sai and photoshop, liked photoshop more. Then I bought clip studio paint and I love it.
I also use ms paint when I'm bored
>>
>>3058886
What about manga studio 5 for black and white stuff?
>>
>>3060094
Clip Studio and Manga Studio are the same software.
>>
I use Krita, it's open source AND good. Also comes with an animation feature.
>>
Depends on how you like to draw.

If you prefer blocking in shapes with the round brush, PS. If you prefer a more paintery flow, then CSP.

I used to be a big SAI stan (and I do still think it's excellent basic software that doesn't eat up your ram) but SAI is nowadays too primitive when better things exist on the market, it simply can't compare.
It's also almost double the price of CSP (when it's on sale, which happens very regularly) and CSP can do a million more things than SAI can (manga pages, animation, importing 3D models, actions, line width editor, lasso fill, access to a huge catalog of user made tools that is super easy to install etc etc).
It hasn't been updated properly since it was originally released for windows XP, doesn't have any mac support, and SAI 2 has been in beta for like 5 years at this point (it's never going to be finished).
I got that SAI brushes for CSP pack and don't really miss SAI anymore. So really the best value software for drawing right now is definitely CSP.
>>
File: 500_menu_0979.jpg (49KB, 696x448px) Image search: [Google]
500_menu_0979.jpg
49KB, 696x448px
>>3060483
And if you're drawing comics or manga csp can even show you how the pages look in a 3d preview of the book.
That's neat.
>>
>>3060491
Can you export that model? I think it would be the most useful if you could view it in VR
>>
>>3060483
>SAI brushes for CSP pack
Link?
>>
>>3060492
>I can only see well if it's in vr!
Take a picture with your phone and stick it to your eye.
>>
>>3056709
clip studio paint.

It's not as complex as Photoshop, but has a LOT more useful features than sai. it also runs decently on shitty computers. it works fine on my toaster, at least.

it's not that expensive, so just buy it if you can. I did find a cracked version of it somewhere in this board but I'm too lazy to link it.
>>
File: artweaver.png (69KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
artweaver.png
69KB, 1366x728px
>>3056709
>WHAT ART PROGRAM DO YOU USE?
I use the free version of artweaver. So underrated. But when I want to play with screentones I use AZpainter.
>>
>>3056709
I use Photoshop, and Sketchbook, from Alias. There's a Pro version, but if you download the trial, it's the base free version, and has more than enough stuff to get you going, it even has support for Coptics.
But as usual, the app with line correction tool is the one that's pimped, because drawing lines is hard, I guess.
>>
>>3060892
Too much shit gets thrown at CSP's stabilizers. You can turn them off, you should turn them off, most default brushes have them off by default.
>>
>>3060491
I didn't even know it could do that!
It's such versatile software. I actually upgraded to the EX version when it was on sale last because I was so impressed with it.

>>3060495
https://gumroad.com/misschroma
>>
>>3057815
Krita fgt, use it.

free software, open, crowdsourced and fucking full of features
>>
>>3058886
is really that much people on CSP?

I was largely unimpressed by the free trial. Is it focused just in comics linework, right?
>>
Why didn't you make a poll, OP? Official Poll get in here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13444514
>>
>>3061089
It's supposed to be, but at this point they've pumped so much functionality into it that it now works really well as a general art program too. It also helps that its brushes have a crapton of customizability and aren't as blurry as Photoshop's.
>>
>tfw no one else uses both mobile and pc versions of Medibang other than me
Im feeling pretty left out
>>
>>3061101
>aren't as blurry as Photoshop's
The brush tools in that app are almost a direct rip off of Photoshop's brushes. And, all Photoshop brushes are blurry? How far up your ass is your head, anyway?
>>
File: CSharP vs Photoshop.png (74KB, 764x439px) Image search: [Google]
CSharP vs Photoshop.png
74KB, 764x439px
>>3061187
You ever try actually comparing them? Here's two regular brushes, both with maximum and sharpness. Photoshop has shitty antialiasing.
>>
>>3061214
Maximum opacity and sharpness*
also minimum stabilization.
>>
>>3061214
i don't think Ps is really competitive for doing linework, but you should really use ~5% spacing and NOT link oppacity to pressure when doing so.
>>
>>3061214
Wait, is that crunchy look to CSP's lines desired? I thought I kept fucking up my lines.
>>
File: AntialiasOp.png (52KB, 917x428px) Image search: [Google]
AntialiasOp.png
52KB, 917x428px
>>3061274
Might just be me, I like them that way. My brush is set to medium AA, strong AA gives you lines similar to Photoshop's.
>>3061260
In retrospect guess I should have said "blurry lines" instead of "blurry brushes," I haven't compared other brushes. I assume they are pretty dang similar to each other.
>~5% spacing and NOT link oppacity to pressure when doing so.
I didn't have opacity linked to pressure, that's what I meant by maximum opacity. Spacing was at 1% though.
>>
>>3061303
I ink really small, so it bugs me in the final product. Sometimes adjusting the AA still doesn't fix the 'issue'. I just have to size up then.
>>
krita
>>
>>3056709
Wanna send us a download of Firework? Also I use firealpaca.
>>
>>3061605

http://www.mediafire.com/file/62qwsti6je7byn3/Macromedia+Studio+8+-+Flash+-+Dreamweaver+-+Fireworks+-+Full+Working+-+Tested+with+serial.zip
>>
>>3062821
They got rid of the link but thanks for putting time out of your day for that.
>>
I do want to use CSP more as I really like how my lines come out but I can't get over how different and backwards the history tab is. In photoshop you can bookmark/click on something you did and it will save it to return to no matter how far ahead from it you get but in CSP you can go back a little bit but can't bookmark anything and I like having that option on Photoshop as I like to experiment a lot.

So right now I use PS for pretty much everything, and port my work to CSP if I want some nice line work which is a horrible waste of a program.
>>
>>3062928
what do you mean?? just copy and paste it in the browser
>>
>>3062928
>>3063499
nevermind, they deleted it
>>
>>3062821
>>3062928
>>3063499
>>3063507

let me try something else
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhENX2mtBf4sg0Mlll8k2IPF5XHe
>>
>>3058953
You can download photoshop brushes. And there's a lot of useful stuff ps can do which sai can't but you most likely just didn't bother to figure that out.
>>
>>3056709
I create art with sheer will alone.
>>
Paintstorm Pro on the ipad

It makes procreate look like a joke
>>
>>3062944
Just save multiple versions and you can increase how much you can go back
>>
>>3063815
I suppose but it's a long way around such a basic functionality that should really be in CSP.
>>
>>3063905
I don't use it and I don't feel like I need it either
>>
>>3064598
Same here. I feel like Photoshop could benefit by functions that CSP has.

CSP automatically saves versions of your file in temp folder, but the best way for you to get what you want is save before you make any drastic changes like the other anon suggested
>>
>>3064598
>>3064606
That's kind of shitty thinking to be honest anons. Just because it's irrelevant for your workflow doesn't mean it isn't well used by others. Adding more functionality is nothing but a good thing and unfortunately until it's a part of CSP I'll be sticking with Photoshop as my main program.
>>
>>3062944
In regards to the line work, you could always just use a stabilizer like Lazy Nezumi
>>
>>3064696
I've been doing just that actually but the lines and brushes I feel are better on CSP.
>>
>>3064692
You said you want to use csp more, and that's what I keep in mind when I reply to you. csp has a lot to offer, more than photoshop. if you want to waste that for 1 option that ps has then sure go ahead, just know what you're missing out on
>>
>>3063540
Thank you very much anon.
>>
>>3064800
I know that man and I know you're just trying to help me out but I've come to rely on that quick history option quite heavily when experimenting. I'll try out the multiple saves thing though simply because I REALLY want to start using CSP for more than simple linework.
>>
Anyone have a link to torrent Clip studio?
>>
File: tumblr_oosko9Sg4P1wo6memo1_1280.jpg (431KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oosko9Sg4P1wo6memo1_1280.jpg
431KB, 1280x1280px
>>3058133
mfw when MSPaint with layers
>>
>>3063540
Thank you very much.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.