[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody own this? Is it really as good as they say?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Anybody own this? Is it really as good as they say?
>>
I have the pdf, but I haven't actually read it.
>>
I have a physical copy, it was pretty much my first exposure to art. It is a pretty good book, and covers a lot of good information. the only problem I would say is that it doesn't go much in depth on some stuff, but if you want to draw comics its an excellent starting point
>>
>>3056294
i have it in pdf. really easy to find. no it's not that great.
>>
>>3056294
That's too funny. My first art book.
>>
Its actually good loomis for begginers
>>
>>3056294
It approaches perspective and construction in a easy to understand way. I think it's a good starting point if you want to learn the basics of that stuff.
>>
It has some great tutorials on how to ad drama to your illusttartions. Not a must read, but worth picking up at a garage sale.
>>
>>3056294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWsNp5KWdE
>>
File: MakingComics.jpg (51KB, 329x499px) Image search: [Google]
MakingComics.jpg
51KB, 329x499px
NO, is not a good book. If you want to make "marvel" comics, first you have to know how to make comics at all.
>>
File: understanding-comics1.png (124KB, 556x271px) Image search: [Google]
understanding-comics1.png
124KB, 556x271px
>>3062793
You don't have to read this book

There, just draw like Adventure Time that's all you have to know
>>
>>3056294
yeah, wasn't that interesting
>>
>>3062861
Comics is not about drawing, is about narrative. You dont need to know how to draw, just how to tell a story
>>
>>3062986
lol then write a bloody book
>>
>>3062986
Underestimating artwork is not a good thing. Besides, art in comics is also part of the narrative.
>>
File: lolstan.jpg (81KB, 703x476px) Image search: [Google]
lolstan.jpg
81KB, 703x476px
>>3056294
> Is it really as good as they say?
For what it is? Actually it's quite decent.
It somewhat teaches you about the basics of figure drawing and perspective, but it doesn't go beyond the partial basics (for example, it doesn't teach you about basic form).

The inking section is actually rather useful if you're into traditional inking (like me) and the composition chapter offers some good tips about balance, but it is only that, tips.
Overall, it's a decent book. Nothing to write home about, but it's decent.

Also, it's full of cringey stuff.

imo, the video version (which you can find on youtube) is better than the book.

You're better off buying a real Figure drawing Book anyway.
>>
>>3056294

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5tU2PuRdU8

It's the same basic content.
>>
>>3062986
A lot of great writers would have no clue how to tell a good story through sequential art.
>>
File: 1388974149497.jpg (22KB, 192x190px) Image search: [Google]
1388974149497.jpg
22KB, 192x190px
>>3062986
>Comics are distinguished by the drawings used to tell the story
>Comics is not about drawing

I mean I get the point you're going for.
But the original One Punch Man, despite ONE's lacking artistry, still relied on it's medium to tell its story the way it did. If it was in another medium, it may not have worked as well.
>>
>>3056294
pretty low tier. its one of those books that if your looking to develop skill no further and have p0 skill then read. its meant for comics, what else can be said
>>
File: IMG_1377.jpg (223KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.jpg
223KB, 768x1024px
>>3056294
This is the only book you need.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.