[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

environment Sketching/design

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Any advices or ressources on how to draw better environments? Maciej Kuciara course is great but is more of a checklist rather than a study guide.

How would you guys approach a study program to get better at env sketching/design?

Thanks!
>>
>>3056067
Environments are the same as anything else. How to get better? Study them, draw and paint them. Pay attention to what you're doing. The image you linked is a simple landscape, like any fine artist would paint, with fantasy elements added. Study landscapes, lighting, and color. Color, and getting the values is crucial for anything realistic.
This isn't something you'll learn in a week, if you start now, you may start producing solid work in a couple of months, with hard work and some talent.

Honestly, this is unacceptable levels of hand holding, which is too common for this forum. If you can't even get past figuring out simple concepts like this, then you'll never progress as an artist.
>>
>>3056094

Hey OP here,thnx for the answer!

But Again you only answered in checklists, which is a great thing and trust me I-m aware of the basics.

What I'm really interested in seeing is what sort of study program do you guys make for yourselves for those who are into env design.

Not a tutorial list but what do you study and how much of it (how many copies/virtual plein air, architecture design...)

Just looking for more SPECIFICS from people who spent more time figuring it out than I did.

How do you personally approach it from a the standpoint of someone who actually practices environments.

anyway thank you for getting down from your high horse to hold my hand bruh! :P
>>
>>3056620
I think you're misunderstanding the point of his post. Almost nobody is lucky enough to have everything laid out in front of them (unless you pay for school or are friends with a good artist/some industry pro). I can tell you're asking for a regimen in a thin-veiled fashion; It sounds like you want something in such specifics that you're losing focus on the big picture: just fucking draw

Have you actually -done- any environments or environment studies at all? I'd love to see them.
>>
>>3056624

This. Im an environment-focused designer and you just fuckin do it. Attempt a challenging portfolio-level piece, fail miserably, study your mistakes, repeat. This is the same for any design subject. Research your topic, get reference, sketch, final piece, repeat.

Too many dumb cunts on this board think that a structured order/progression learning system works. You dont need to master value before attempting color, because youll nevef master value. Just nut up and go work idiot. Stop making artificial barriers to your progress.
>>
>>3056620
>high horse

First - lose the fucking attitude.

Second, there is no program. You become an artist by studying and making ART. The program? Studying to become an artist.

If you can't handle that, find a new hobby. You'll never make it as any kind of professional if you need your hand held that hard just getting started.

Pick up a fucking pencil, or give up now and stop wasting everyone's time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.