[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I improve?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: Lordkaiser_Header_small.jpg (88KB, 950x320px) Image search: [Google]
Lordkaiser_Header_small.jpg
88KB, 950x320px
I've been studying fundamentals seriously for over 2 years now. I draw at least 4 hours a day. I studied perspective, anatomy, values and all that shit but I can't seem to grasp it. Am I just not talented enough?
>>
You fell for the "only draw what you actually want to draw after you've mastered all the fundamentals"
What you should do is try, fail, go and study what you failed at and then apply that to what you want to draw.
>>
>>3054324
I haven't though? I study my fundamentals in conjunction with creative work.
>>
fell for the actually become an artist and learn to draw meme instead of just 3d modeling and tracing everything
>>
Get people to critique your stuff? There are people who draw for years and don't improve because the people around them can't tell it looks off or like shit.
>>
>>3054356
Show us some work of yours then
>>
>>3054375
>>
>>3054382
And show us your studies. If your studies also look like this you've been studying wrong/not effectively
>>
>>3054434
dude you can quite clearly see even through his "stylization" that his fundies are shit
>>
>>3054382
>those lines
two years without drawabox lmao
>>
>>3054434
>>3054439
>>3054454
Stfu. I MIGHT suck but i'm better than most of /ic/
>>
File: expressions1_small.jpg (227KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
expressions1_small.jpg
227KB, 860x650px
>>3054512
studies
>>
>>3054519
Go drawabox m8 your lines are awful
>>
>>3054519
Are you trolling? After 2 years you're still symbol drawing?
>>
>>3054519
>2 years of study went into this

Sometimes I worry /ic/
>>
>>3054519
I want to cry... Anon, I hate to be a meme, but nigga you need Loomis.
>>
You studied but you didn't understand how the thing you studied actually works.
>>
Is it really studying if nothing was learnt?
>>
>>3054307
>>3054382
>>3054519
>2 Years

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Holy fuck I'm dying, I hope this is bait.
>>
>>3054537
Yeah, so funny. How about you post your work, buddy.
>>
this thread is a prime example of how talent is real, and some people just don't have it.
>>
File: 1480277024938.png (219KB, 415x397px) Image search: [Google]
1480277024938.png
219KB, 415x397px
>>3054519
Anon-chan..
>>
File: tumblr_orofcpByv11v3fjwvo1_540.png (193KB, 540x457px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orofcpByv11v3fjwvo1_540.png
193KB, 540x457px
>>3054552
>some people just can't draw. period.
no. talent is not real. op just wasn't studying effectively.
>>
File: faggot face.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
faggot face.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>3054519
Christ almighty dude

>>3054552
I wonder if faggots here will ever be able to accept this. I think the problem is all the pros are too nice about it.
>>
File: 1494451152080.jpg (37KB, 721x721px) Image search: [Google]
1494451152080.jpg
37KB, 721x721px
>>3054587
When faggot's say "talent isn't real" they might as well be saying "everybody is exactly the same".

Its true his routine could be flawed but getting Mr. Pickles characters out of 2 years of practice is extremely disconcerting.
>>
>>3054307
were you this faggot? https://warosu.org/ic/thread/S2849941
>>
>>3054552
>>3054599
Talent is true to an extent, but you don't need it to become a good artist. OP might as well have not studied at all. look at >>3054519, does it look like he was actually trying? It doesn't even look like he studied real faces. There's zero construction other than the shitty circles sometimes with symmetry lines going through them. OP isn't studying proper anatomy, he's just drawing what's in his head, and what he thinks anatomy is. Look at the circles. They make no sense whatsoever, the entire bottom two rows for example. If OP actually studies real faces (and everything else) and learn from proper instructors/resources (hampton/vilppu/proko), he's pretty much guaranteed to improve faster in one year than in the last two years he spent "studying fundamentals". And don't forget to sToP SpaMmInG tHE taLEnT mEMe guys
>>
>>3054599
>>3054587

Talent is real. Some people think differently in regards on how shapes and shit look and can master them faster or have a better overall understanding on how they should look and be drawn to mimic that look.

Some people are just shit and overthink how they should look instead of just not being a faggot and getting right in to it.
>>
>>3054599
Some people can grasp concepts faster than others. That is true. Some people may have also developed varied skills that may help in doing another task. Others grew up in an environment that encouraged and even honed their skills. (I'm not just talking about drawing)

If that is what you would define as being "talented" then fine. I personally don't but who gives a fuck.

But the truth is that even "talented" people needed to grind. Every "talented" person started as shit. The difference is that OP stayed shit. He stayed shit because of a combination of a lack of guidance, circumstance and possibly extra chromosomes.
>>
On the bright side, if he started from 0 skills, it's pretty much what I'd expect from 2 years.
>>
>>3054671
no fucking way. not even close.

>>3054621
When I say "Talent", I mean the dictionary definition:
Talent - "natural aptitude or skill."
Aptitude - "a natural ability to do something."

This must by necessity include not only environmental factors, but genetics as well. Genes play a serious fucking role in one's natural ability to do something.

Let's say for the sake of argument that I want to become a professional illustrator/concept artist with a skill level sufficient to work at places such as Wizards of the Coast, Applibot, Ubisoft, or other such companies. This level of skill is well documented and understood, we know what it looks like.

Now let's say I have an IQ of 60. Well fuck me sideways, it's basically impossible for me to succeed.

Actually, let's say I have an IQ of 120 but I have a serious problem with emotions or depression which prevents me from being self-critical and therefore I can never bring myself to fail repeatedly because it is too emotionally damaging.

See, brains are different, and some people simply don't have a good enough brain and therefore lack the thought processes which would allow them to choose the right things to study, the right ways to practice, develop a good enough "eye" for world class art skill, and develop the discipline to actually work hard enough to become that good.

You can weed a SIGNIFICANT number of people out of the race by JUST genetic factors alone.
>>
>>3054307
So, what exactly did you study? I feel you might need some direction.
>>
>>3054519
Fuck, i just started drawing seriously and then i see this guy here. How do not become like him /ic/?
>>
>>3054831
Stop overthinking, just draw, especially if you only started.
>>
>>3054831
this. my own studies suck and i still can't seem to force myself to draw shapes over symbols.
>>
File: 1212133434656.jpg (92KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1212133434656.jpg
92KB, 1600x900px
>>3054307
This is so depressing. You have to be deluded, retarded, or slacking. The alternative is that there's NO HOPE FOR ANYONE.
>>
>>3054307
Lately I've been regressing very noticeably... I used to paint decently, with pretty decent draftsmanship, and quite confidently but now I make toddler tier shit and even though I remember the drafting rules it all comes out awful, like I've lost all my muscle memory. Along with some other issues I'm becoming genuinely scared I might have some sort of neurodegenerative disease.
>>
>>3054307
Go to figure drawing or just draw on the bus, anything from real life really.
>>
THIS IS BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP GETTING BAITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3054519

You might have a learning disability, see a professional.
>>
>>3054552
Fuck off with your talent. I can go dig a hole with a pencil for two years and call it "drawing" but still make 0 progress because I didn't git gud at gitting gud
>>
>>3054519
sonny
>>
File: Capture.png (72KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
72KB, 250x322px
>>3054519
>studies
>>
>>3057898
Your shit drawing isn't any better
>>
>>3057822
Here is my latest drawing
>>
>>3057903
Spooky
>>
>>3057904
I'm improving right?
>>
>>3057903
Your bodies are improving but at least try to draw faces that don't look like dogshit

Basically do more studies and try to keep style out of it until you get the fundamentals right
>>
File: tumblr_o0pj7bftir1qenw12o1_500.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0pj7bftir1qenw12o1_500.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>3057903
Reminds me of Warsman from Kinnikuman.

Which isn't a good thing.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.