[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok. Drawing comics. My friend said I should come here and see

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 01-004.png (4MB, 2200x3400px) Image search: [Google]
01-004.png
4MB, 2200x3400px
Ok. Drawing comics. My friend said I should come here and see what everyone says.
>>
>>3052650
Your friend hates you
>>
File: 01-006.png (3MB, 2200x3400px) Image search: [Google]
01-006.png
3MB, 2200x3400px
>>3052654
I'm sure he does lol. No worries.Here's another sample.
>>
>>3052650

/co/ has a webcomic general in which you might get better/more feedback: >>>/co/93663909

The shadows on the main character's clothes like undefined.

You did a shoddy work painting the character's left arm, and the color's bleeding everywhere

I feel like the shadows in general should be darker (this is a night scene, no?)

You forgot the pain the rest of the windows on that background building

The character's ear placement looks wrong.

He should be holding the piece o paper based on the North indication, no?
>>
>>3052662
christ, not OP but holy shit who cares about ear placement or whether that building has extra windows like nobody gives a shit

this is a straw-grasping critique if I've ever seen one
>>
>>3052660

What are the actions lines trying to convey? Regardless, you forgot to add them on the right side of the character.

>words words words

Can't you write the same dialogue more concisely? Also, I think the bubbles could be forming a "C" shape around the shorter character, freeing up some space for the actual drawing
>>
>>3052668

>straw-grasping

It's called nitpicking. He didn't say what he wanted people to critique or suggest. /ic/ is not your personal tumblr where you simply shit out your art and expect random praise.
>>
File: 01-015.png (2MB, 2200x3400px) Image search: [Google]
01-015.png
2MB, 2200x3400px
Thanks for the critiques so far btw. I actually never noticed some of this stuff. Heres another page--Currently a WIP but almost done.
>>
>>3052650
>>3052662
I strongly recommend not going to the hug box that is /co/, you will get 0 worthwhile critique. Its just a "did i do gud guyz" circle jerk.

Also, one of the 1st hurdles to drawing comics is thinking about the talking bubbles when designing the pose not just adding them afterwords. The words are covering up all your art.

>>3052668
>nobody gives a shit
Why are you on /ic/?
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 768x768px
It's a very conversational style, so I'd suggest using more vertical panels...those tend to speed by a lot faster than horizons.

Try differentiating these two characters a little better, right now you're relying a little too much on outlines. The head wound isn't introduced in the first panel, and it disappears in the last one. Surely that's more important than the bike?
>>
A few things;

- Study how fabrics fold more. You're making it all up by the looks of it, and it looks an absolute mess. Lots of scratchy unnecessary linework that's not defining anything.

- Hire a letterer. Stop what you're doing if its your own lettering because it's jarring and distracting from the art. The balloons are poorly placed and way too big, the font is unattractive. So buckle down and study lettering more, or just get someone else to do it.

- Stop skimping on backgrounds. A pretty typical novice mistake to make in comics is to think you can get away with just talking heads. You CAN draw it that way, but it only exemplifies your unwillingness to commit to the storytelling, and doesn't ground your dialogue with a sense of setting. Not every panel has to have a BG, you can be clever about it and remove it entirely when the focus is on an object or gesture.

- Never have the person who's speaking first on the right hand side of the panel. It's bad storytelling. First speaker should ALWAYS be on the left because Western readers read from left-to-right. No exceptions.

- Vary your line weights. I'm not a digital guy so I can't really offer specific advice here, but most of your lines are of a similar weight, and it only flattens the imagery. I'd suggest trying out bigger, broader brushes
>>
The anatomy seems a little wonky the torso here >>3052650 seems long in proportion to the rest of the body, the faces here >>3052715 are a little weird for the two top panels they are difficult to read. Overall the drawings are not bad, but the style seems pretty boring.
>>
>>3052715

Besides wha was already said:

What happened to the first panel's dude's right eyebrow? I'm not seeing it.

The detail on his jacket's shoulder looks different in the first panel.

The noses on the first two panels look weird. The shape I don't think is quite right.

The middle panel's center guy is looking way too wide. Kenshiro wide. This might be more of a stylistic choice, but I think their upper lips might need to be hinted a little more as well.

On the third panel, what is the other guy doing with his right arml? Where's his forehead bruise? Is he grabbing something out on the side? Their faces look a little too close to each other, I wouldn't stand so close to most of my male buddies.
>>
>>3052660

Too much dialogue for a character who talks like a retard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.