[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression is keeping me from making art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: best-sad-anime-girls.jpg (288KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
best-sad-anime-girls.jpg
288KB, 3840x2160px
I can only draw for an hour or so before the depression eats me up.

>Go visit a doctor

No, I don't want depression being on my record. That will be detrimental for the career i'm pursuing.
>>
File: 1499006183524.png (159KB, 458x436px) Image search: [Google]
1499006183524.png
159KB, 458x436px
>>3051807
>>
>>3051807
>I don't want depression being on my record. That will be detrimental for the career i'm pursuing.
I am curious, what job requires art skills and no ''mental problems''?
>>
>>3051811
>Posting an image and not explaining shit

I hate this website
>>
>>3051821
>can't analyze a image
>expects to git gud at drawing
>>
>>3051822
Man I dont get the image Im sleep deprived dont be rude gah
>>
File: tumblr_olu4yyhCGt1rutx6lo1_540.jpg (109KB, 540x696px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olu4yyhCGt1rutx6lo1_540.jpg
109KB, 540x696px
>>3051822
>>3051824
Nevermind just got it lmao
>>
>>3051813
Art is just a hobby. I want to work in law enforcement.
>>
>>3051827
If it is a hobby then an hour a day is about a nice amount? Just chill man
>>
>>3051829
It's not a hobby, it's a passion. Just because I don't want to work professionally doesn't mean I don't want to be great. Art is what gives my life meaning. I typically try to aim for 4 hours a day.
>>
>>3051830
Art is my passion too. I know how you feel. Hope you can get tons of flow man. Best luck
>>
>>3051827
>>3051830
is it a hobby or not? damn
>>
>>3052615
They're taking the hobbys to Isengard
>>
>>3052615
I don't want to work professionally but it's something I care about. Either way, why does it matter?
>>
Good luck in life never getting treatment for your mental disorder. I'm sure it'll work out and you'll be happy.
>>
>>3052679
Treatment wouldn't work either way. My depression is caused by life factors, mistakes I've made that still haunt me. Medications wouldn't solve that.
>>
>>3052684
Then go to a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist
>>
>>3052684
Therapy
>>
So is there really a permanent record for these things? I have no idea how real life works
>>
>>3052687
>>3052689
Words won't do shit. The only thing that could help me is time machine or death.
>>
>>3052694
I'm interested in law enforcement. These retards are telling me to get medications or whatever. If depression gets on my record, I won't pass the mental exam for law enforcement, ruining my entire career and worsening my depression.
>>
>>3052699
Maybe you shouldn't be a cop and have a gun since you're suicidal and obviously can't handle stressful situations very well.
>>
>>3052699

Don't be a cop. We have too many acting on "I feared for my life" already.
>>
>>3052719
>>3052720
I've already hit the bottom. Being a cop wouldn't make it worse.
>>
File: 1482421847593.jpg (139KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1482421847593.jpg
139KB, 650x650px
>>3052699
I don't know, I had bad feelings for years and it only got better when I got on a low dose of prozac for something unrelated.

Quite the dilemma you got there anon. You could try getting SSRIs on the darkweb or something, but careful with that a lot of mass shooters were on them before they went postal- probably why you can't have those issues and wield a gun around. There's always illegal drugs like ecstasy? You'd have access to them what with the busting dealers/teenagers on a regular basis. Shit being a cop might be cool actually.
>>
>>3052695
>Words won't do shit.

>Made some thread to baw about this with other anons
>>
>>3052734
What other things do you say to bs yourself?
>>
>>3052684
Youtube videos that educate and instruct related to what you're going through
>>
>>3052640
it really doesnt matter too much; i was asking because you contradicted yourself
>>
Well if your depression is caused by life choices, then what happened in your life anon? Maybe we can give some /adv/ice and still help with your art problem?
>>
>>3052734
Go work at a farm then
>>
File: 1385873567403.gif (99KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1385873567403.gif
99KB, 333x333px
>>3051807
Im the opposite, when im happy i cant draw for shit i need to be depressed to do anything worthwhile.
>>
>>3052621
Kek
>>
Op, I'm diagnosed with dysthymia, ptsd, and gad due to events in my life. I also had a brain injury that really fucked up the way my body processes drugs. For ten fucking years I've been through multiple psychiatrists and therapists. I've basically been on every kind of anti-depressant. They either really made me sick or made my mi's worse.

I started to do my own research. Got off all the perceptions (five), and started taking holy basil/tulsi every night for the past year and a half. It seriously helps and has made a world of difference.

I also started taking rhodiola whenever I felt an attack/episode coming on, and taking it calms me right the fuck down.

Try them. You have to take the tulsi religiously, because it's one of those things that builds up over time in getting in your system. Lowers your blood sugar though.
>>
>>3053070
Was it tough to get off all the meds? I also draw, and I have meds prescribed. But I'm still wondering whether I should take them, because I heard they might work for some time, then it gets worse, and coming off them is horrible.
>>
>>3052621
thank you
>>
>>3051807
I have very bad depression and recently started drawing. It was bad for the first few days where I couldn't focus because I kept focusing on the depression, but now drawing relaxes me. I feel like when I draw I'm diffusing my misery.

Also if you haven't already, fix up your diet. Visit /fit/. I know it's cliche but exercising and eating well will make you feel better. I'm not saying it'll cure you but you will see an improvement. Endorphins are an amazing thing
>>
>>3052684
I'm sorry you're going through shit man. I had therapy and and SSRIs but what haunts my record is that I had to drop out of HS and go to a special school for fuck ups like me. That's always on my CV and it makes me feel weak and pathetic. I went for anxiety though, which led to my depression.

I don't suggest SSRIs, they make you numb and even more depressed.
>>
>>3053041
you need to be calm to draw calm lines and thing about what you are drawing

most likely you rush when happy and depression slows you down
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.