[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

messy sketches

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (94KB, 950x1600px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
94KB, 950x1600px
i see some ppl can do real lean sketches right off the bat when i have to do layers on layers of shitty scribble sketches before my drawing starts looking how i want
>>
draw a box.com. work on that linework
inb4 DRAWABOX=ISIS
>>
>>3051738
>inb4 DRAWABOX=ISIS

Could somebody please explain?
>>
>>3051733
This isn't necessarily bad, Anon. For example Disney artists tend to scribble a lot so they find the right gesture line for their keys (you can see that in Drawn to Life, blogs from Disney artists and some pencil roughs from movies).

If you're drawing traditionally I recommend using a softer pencil and trying to draw with as nuch of a light hand as possible. This way even if you scribble a lot you don't end up with a mess in the busiest areas, and it's easily erasable.
>>
You can be as messy as you want. My only recommendation would be to avoid super thick lines like OP related, because it's gonna come back to bite you in the ass when refining. If you're just gonna paint over the sketch than it really doesn't matter, but for linework it certainly makes a difference.
>>
>>3052505
It's a shorty meme some autist tried to force
>>3051733
Loose scribbly sketching isn't inherently bad if you have the ability to refine it and properly build on top of it. I've seen plenty of pros, particularly comic book artists, start off with really scribbly sketches before refining it into high quality work.

But if you'd just prefer to sketch more refined than slow down the speed in which you sketch, try to think about what you're drawing before you draw and try using a pen.
>>
>>3051733
You didn't start with traditional, did you?

Anyway, there's no other explanation other than that you need to git gud.
Don't mistake using scribbling to find the gesture with chicken scratching, there's absolutely no excuse for needing 12 lines to draw the ass crack.
Practicing line quality and figure drawing sessions would probably be the most beneficial for you to do. Stop outlining everything and think before you put down a line. Mattesi and (I think) even Hampton had an excercise on their seminars where you had to draw the figure and then come up with an explanation for every single line, why it's there, what purpose does it serve, e.g. defines the edge of this form, communicates the twist etc.
>>
I don't see how it matters for sketching. You're just going to draw over it.
>>
just find a reference to trace over for the anatomy. be smart, use tools
>>
>>3051733
>i have to do layers on layers of shitty scribble
No you don't. Just slow down
1. Choose the line/shape you want to draw
2. Make the motion with your hand without laying down the line
3. Drawn the line you want
4. If it looks wrong, Ctrl Z
5. Repeat until it looks right

As you get better, then number of tries it takes to get right will decrease.

If you find yourself confused at step 1 you need to study more (either the subject, or good lineart)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.