[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with negative feedback/bully?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

How to deal with negative feedback/bully?
>>
Only pay attention to criticism and improve
>>
always put
>pls no bully
when submitting an artwork
>>
Ignore and this >>3051701
You will develop a thicker skin eventually.
>>
>>3051705
Can't recommend enough.
>>
Find somebody to read through your stuff, and only read the "good ones".

Tempt Yourself Not, with reading it all.

You're better off being a "pussy" and only reading the stuff that makes you feel good, than to read it all and let them convince you to give up.

Lots of people have given up art because they did not know this.
>>
Be a man. You're shit out of luck if you're a woman though.
>>
recognize that as feedback. I know it hurts but it shows that someone doesn't like your work for whatever reason.

if it's something inane like thinking you're an sjw or something then feel free to just ignore 'em 'cuz you know you're not.

I know it's hard at first but you just need to take it in stride and just keep your hand moving.
>>
Reply to every negative comment with "post your work"
>>
>>3051698
give an example of what negative feedback is to you
>>
>>3051731
>''Why you keep drawing this looks like shit kill yourself''
>>
>>3051734
You just can't care about shit like that. Take the critique that'll get your art where you want it to be and ignore all the rest. It really sucks to get that kind of hate but you really just have to ignore it. You have no idea why that person is saying it, or if they even really mean it. And dont bother trying to communicate with them because the kind of people who leave comments like that dont deserve any of your time.
>>
>>3051698
Be like The Dude, say fuck it and leave.

Bowling optional.
>>
>>3051734
Comments like these aren't worth anybody's time.
>>
>>3051698
who dis
>>
>>3051698
On the internet? You don't. There's nothing to deal with.
>>
you realize that people will say almost anything anonymously and to not take it personally
>>
File: Naruto+Sakura.jpg (331KB, 1112x672px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto+Sakura.jpg
331KB, 1112x672px
>>3051698
if this isnt bait, i was once like u uploading shit on DA. then i got that dreaded "bully" message. i still remember to this day. "Your picture is pretty naive". from that day forward i decide to git gud. just to prove him wrong and to be gud enough to draw my web comic. pic related its the pic he commented on. ill post another pic to show progress.
>>
File: damn drill.png (369KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
damn drill.png
369KB, 900x1350px
>>3051801
my semi recent and less risky pic. i still have a long way to go, but he such is life.
>>
>>3051804
Your picture is pretty naive
>>
Ignore all comments and just keep posting. Focus on hard numbers and statistics.
>>
>>3051804
Your art is that of someone who isn't trying. Take this as a warning. In the future your work will be found in the DA cringe progression threads here on /ic/. You will be someone who stagnated in year 2 because you didn't try enough. You didn't want to feel the struggle and 10 years later you still draw this DA tier flat color, dodgy anatomy and perspective artwork.

You know what though? It doesn't have to be like that. 10 years haven't passed and that DA cringe progression thread hasn't been made yet. There is still hope for you!
>>
>>3051804
>>3051801
Decent progress, how long inbetween the two?
>>
>>3051705
This
>>
I have a webcomics and I sincerely dislike most when haters insult the comments of the "fans" compared to the negative comments directed to the webcomics/me that I do not really care about.

Typical negative comments
>Close it
>Stop
>It sucks

Often by the same users
>>
>>3051804
You need to work on your perspective among other things.
>>
>>3051729
>ironically posting post your work instead of just posting your work
>>
>>3051698
Realize that's its nothing
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but online comments won't
>>
File: elf druid dnd.png (561KB, 1085x900px) Image search: [Google]
elf druid dnd.png
561KB, 1085x900px
I found something a bit more recent than >>3051804 my composition is still shit and i'll admit i slacked of on the background.

>>3051874
Fuck, not again!

>>3051913
damn thats heavy man, I'll definitely heed that warning. and thanks for believing in me.

>>3051948
man, im not sure. i wanna say 2 years.

>>3052134
I'm familiar with 1 and 2 viewpoints, but anything beyond that is still a challenge for me. and please expand on the other things, hell this is the most criticism i ever got.
>>
>>3052186
your picture is naive
>>
>>3052186

Fix her hand casting magic, it feels like it doesn't really quite match the perspective and proportions on the rest of your figure. I think it might be because you took the reference from some photo or your own hand and the rest was an attempt to match the torso with it.

Also, it's just not attractive and by attractive I mean appealing to look at. Make her arm slightly bend in elbow, it will make it a bit better IMO. I would also rise the position of the hand to match where the eyes are looking. Some shadow of a monster jaw or something in that diretion (upper left corner) could be good addition because viewers naturally follow the eyes.

There are also some smaller mistakes, like for example the dark foliage on the right should be in the absolute foreground, but one of the leafs is going behind the staff and I see a clash here, IMHO it should be in front.

I would also give a lot more contrast in the areas where the magic is glowing, thinking about the belt, shard at boobs and ofc underside of the hand/magic ball.

Idk if it all is helpful or not, but think about those things, IMO it's also well within your grasp to make those adjustments. You have nice ideas, but need a bit more focus and afterthought.
>>
>>3052320

Also something for you and OP:

If you hear feedback like that >>3052220 try to categorize it. Is it a fact or is it an opinion? If it is an opinion, you can trash it, because you aren't interested in opinions, everyone has one not unlike the asshole. If it is a fact, it helps. You learned. It's not negative, it's just a description of reality.

Generally you can deal in that way with every bad thing in social media, from comments on youtube to hatemail.

Also if you see longer opinion like mine >>3052320 try to chunk it, maybe even sentence-to-sentence and categorize "opinion or fact? has he gone off-the rails now? yes, he did. but this sentence - yes, indeed, this is how it is".

In that way you will filter out bullshit from "advice" that sounds helpful and educated but really isn't. It's a lot easier if you have some experience and practice, also recognize lazy tactics like "more loomis/".
>>
>>3051698
Develop a denigration fetish so you actually experience more pleasure from people telling you to kill yourself than people who like your work
>>
>>3051698
1. you read it.
2. you take in all the useful critique you might get.
3. you move on.

Do you want me to teach you how to tie your shoes as well?
>>
>>3052440
yes please
>>
>>3052507
you so funneh!
how can you be so funneh?
what's you secreth?
>>
File: cyber bully.jpg (23KB, 720x523px) Image search: [Google]
cyber bully.jpg
23KB, 720x523px
>>3051698
Don't take people's opinion so seriously specially on the internet, Jesus Christ the son of God was the best human being ever and even to this day people hate him for no reason everybody who ever did something on this earth got shit on, its natural

>>3052440
>The shoes
The funny thing is I only learned how to do that when I was 16, all years before my dad used to do it for me

>Learned how to read and write when I was 2
>But always held the pencil in a different way ( still do it to this very day, even when I'm drawing )
>Used to sing on the chorus of my school since I was 6 and everybody thought I was good even my squidward art teacher
>Can barely speak without dropping spaghetti, for some reason I stutter when reading out loud
>Learned how to use a computer when I was 3
>Tried CS, hated it everysecond I'm on the third semester on college and still don't know what the fuck am I supposed to do in Java

I honestly don't know if I'm a genius or just autistic but I don't even care anymore
>>
>>3051698
>>3051734
how the hell can you even post on this site if you can't deal with the most trivial insults like 'kill yourself'?
your skin should be thick enough to withstand a nuke at this point
>>
File: 1487462584092.png (852KB, 540x799px) Image search: [Google]
1487462584092.png
852KB, 540x799px
>>3052320
thanks man. im definitely gonna practice some more perspective. and yeah you got me, the hand is referenced, i tend to use my body alot if im unsure on how to approach something. i'll post some practice sketches whenever im free.

>>3051698
my bad OP if im going off track with my own shit. seriously, u can let the slanderous bullies keep you down or you can let it fuel u. and >>3052324 is on point. also dont forget, this is the internet.
>>
>>3051698
Ignore obvious trolls
>>
File: bigg.png (743KB, 2080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bigg.png
743KB, 2080x1200px
>>3051698
There's negative feedback and then there's being a dick, a lot of people act like educators even if they don't know what they're talking about or can't draw at all. It is much easier to be a dick than to draw, and the effort you put into a drawing is lost in translation because they don't or can't understand how much effort and hours you poured into an artpiece.

Just remember that chances are: you are better than that person who would rather be mean towards someone who is trying to express themselves, and move past it. Negativity is cancer to artists, but we all deal with it in one form or another. Bullies should just be blocked, jerks should be ignored until they turn into bullies and negative feedback should be heeded, but don't let it get you down, No pain no gain.
>>
>>3051698
That's never been a problem for me.
Most comments come in one of three flavors.

- Praise, which you can use to gauge the popularity of your style. Less useful for judging your skill level, given how many bad artists get praised.
- Actual criticism. This is what you want. If you disagree with the criticism, just shut the fuck up, unless you want to be known as an asshole.
- Blatant shitposting. Ignore and report them. If they're attacking you for no discernible reason, you're probably at a skill level (intermediate and up) that makes them feel threatened by you.
>>
File: angels.jpg (644KB, 1697x2335px) Image search: [Google]
angels.jpg
644KB, 1697x2335px
>>3052899
I don't have any kind of ego posting here, but when I upload my works which I make almost in a therapeutic way to deal with my own demons, putting my soul and heart to it I get kind annoyed by that, I don't expect people to respect your feeling or know the effort it takes to draw, specially when you have lots of other things going on with your life, so many projects you want to start and getting going and you can't sit there and dedicate all the time just to drawing, some drawings you make when you are sad as a way to protect yourself while its still raining and some others just to get your daily grind going because you don't have the luxury to only work on masterpieces
Its like having someone telling you they are going to punch you in the belly, even if you know it and you contract your muscles it will still hurt

Anyways, thanks for all the good answers I deep down feel like I knew that already but theres something refreshing with talking to other people and having them explain to you even if they are virtual, happy and productive drawing to everyone
>>
>>3052932

Idk if this is your wip but I actually really like the strangeness of that uncoloured tree with the sky visible. Saved for reference
>>
>>3051698
Don't be faggot
>>
>>3052917

It's ok to reference, everyone does that. What gave it away is just the difference between two hands and that the arm which is a transition between referenced hand and the rest of the body isn't seamless, you struggled here.

One tip: if you reference your hand, reference it up to and maybe a bit above the wrist. This will help with positioning rest of the arm.
>>
>>3052885
>I only learned how to do that when I was 16
>I honestly don't know if I'm a genius or just autistic
the second.
>>
>>3051698
In my case it has helped that I'm so used to chan culture where everyone is a total asshole as a default with occasional moments of friendliness, including myself, so I'm aware that I'm nothing special and need criticism, but I'm also able to not take that shit personally and can focus on improving as >>3051701 said.
>>
>>3051698

Remove your ego from your work, and see it for what it is: a drawing that could be better

Recognize good critique when you see it, and learn to pity trolls. Nobody who's in a good place in life goes out of their way to be dick for no reason. They're dealing with issues worse than your room for improvement in art
>>
>>3051705
>say no bully
>they just bully harder
>>
>>3053053
Wow your art really is shit.
>>
>>3051804
cute
>>
File: lewd face hii.jpg (73KB, 284x303px) Image search: [Google]
lewd face hii.jpg
73KB, 284x303px
>>3053564
>you secretly like it
>>
>>3052885
>I honestly don't know if I'm a genius or just autistic
You're on the spectrum but you function decently.

>when i was 16
that's just retarded. please tell me you at least wiped your own ass?
>>
File: spherical.jpg (23KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
spherical.jpg
23KB, 480x478px
>>3053816
Yea, I learned how to shower and wipe myself pretty soon too

Its just that I always found so difficult to memorize the thing and my parents always did it for me, everytime I had to take/untie my shoes and public I would just stuff my sneakers into my shoes and when people asked me why I would do that instead of just tying them up I would say ''I'm too lazy to do it'' or I would ask someone to do it for me and it always worked
>>
>>3054223
YOU STUFFED YOUR SNEAKERS INSIDE YOUR SHOES?
>>
>>3051698

Develop a sneering contempt for your fellow human creatures.
>>
Literally just move your eyes so that they look at something that is not your computer screen. Perhaps that drawing you should be working on.
>>
File: Sketch (73).png (147KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch (73).png
147KB, 2736x1824px
Keep drawing like shit to keep up the pressure against those bullies. They can't stop you no matter what they say.
>>
>>3053054
Yeah, it was a wip but now I've just sort of given up on it, I was mainly trying to draw the girl in a specific pose, I'm happy how it turned out.
>>
File: 233.png (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
233.png
7KB, 251x201px
i always think my art is shit,
so i can't feel bad about it just accept critism and fix it
>>
I listen and heed the advice from my critics and bad critiques.

However I always make sure to start autistic fits/screeching and be as toxic as possible to negative reviews. There must be a price to pay.

They can't say I don't listen.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.