[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic beginner material

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

I found some thread on here a few months ago where someone asked for help learning to draw and they got told to pick up pic related.

I followed suit but once I got to the section where you draw the upside down picture and just follow the lines without seeing what you are actually drawing I realized that I couldn't even do that properly.

I want to be able to draw the crazy things I see in my imagination and dreams(and then go ontop paint them) but I cant even draw a picture of the lamp and tv what are right in front of me.

Do you have any tips and any books I could use to learn the very absolute basics.

I'm out of work for the next 3 weeks so I want to put like 4 hours into this.2 in the morning and 2 in the night.

>Any suggestions on some sort of program I could follow ?
>>
First, It sounds like you barely even tried. The Picasso Stravinsky is at the very beginning of the book, so you barely even touched the actual drawing knowledge in the book at all. There is no set program to follow, but you could try different books if you want if you're not feeling Betty Edwards like "Keys to Drawing" by Bert Dodson.

But seriously, strap down, read the sticky, and start drawing regardless of how bad you are at it
>>
>>3051428
I did but not for too long.I thought to my self at the time I should maybe be practicing something even more basic,then work caught up to me and I just let it all go over my head.

I really want to try as hard as I can right now though
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
selfi
>>
Sounds like you're just getting started and like with anything there are no shortcuts. The book that you have and its exercises (disregard the psychology mumbo jumbo) are pretty good for the absolute beginner. Just like with anything else it takes practice and art requires lots and lots of patience. Sometimes you'll work on a drawing for hours only for it to come out looking like shit. This is normal don't get disillusioned. Just keep at it, there really is nothing else other than practice.
>>
>>3051428
what am i supposed to draw if i have no typewriter?
>>
Don't just give in halfway. Just try it the result isn't supposed to be perfect but simply better than your previous attempt.
Focus on the line and their relation to the spaces around. Just grind through the entire book. If it doesn't seem to work just draw whatever. Than get back to it to grind again.
The book is only to convey the idea of elimination of symbol drawing. If you're a noob you might not get it straight away and it'll probably just click at some point. Just do all the exercises. You're at the very beginning so don't be critical of yourself. Just draw. Don't overexert yourself in the beginning you'll burn out. Take enough breaks. Draw everyday.
>>
>>3051415
Yeah, I'm still struggling to find some program to follow.

But I'm not exactly a total beginner and I went to an atelier for some time. First, discard that shitty book, it has too much pseudoscientific blabbering. Take Keys to Drawing, it's much much better.

Second, watch some Proko videos, the guy might be a meme but it's great for beginners. He will teach you something very important: measuring. After you understand how to measure just apply it. Draw whatever you see, at te Atelier we draw statues or people sometimes.

This will help your observation, after that I don't know, I'm more or less stuck at this part.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.